battleaxe

Curse of the Cressida

holy shit, thats laughable. if i go turbo some day, that will be an upgrade and ill refer back to this post. thanks man

Dear Diary,

Cressida has 4 gauge power wire. going to upgrade that. battery might have a very slow drain on it even with the kill switch. sits at 12.3 or so, and with car on, its 14.2 or whatever. the 4 gauge wire is like 40mm thick and the supras is 50mm thick and runs half the electronics lol. both cars have the same dual 12inch fans go on start up maybe thats what pushes the thinner wire over the edge after the car is warm and the wire gets hotter? i started it and then turned it off and started back up again. only did it the once though, seems same ol same ol but i still dont trust it to not leave me stranded.

JLMA4sY.jpg

tried some 15s on for shits and giggles as i got a tire machine back in the fall i think

reykVNq.jpg

been driving the d21 to work this past week to test out the clean and rebuilt fuel injectors, now no longer leaking fuel over everything. i radius'd the front arches as well as one was rotten and cleared and the other was decent and caught the tire, so i wanted to see what it looked like...better. still needs radius'd pathfinder/4x4 fenders though and i have some beat up pathfinder fenders to mod for the rear to flare the rear out.

hi22NpK.jpg

s13...i keep looking at the wires and slowly started to tidy them up. got some motivation to work on that after our first practise this past saturday...more interested in making the s13 mobile so i can toss the cressida in the shed and fix the rear end and make it feel nice and firm and reliable so i can start to drive it on a regular basis to and from work or something. then it will be a toss up of putting the s13 back in the shed to swap rear ends or to start on the supra. supra runs and drives and drifts fine as is, but the 2j will be a lot better and ill be adding PS back to the car and should make the car perfect...does require 2-3k thereabouts to finish mind you and will once again be slow with wiring in the link ecu. should have been a smart man and have one drift car or something

bjAl5LO.jpg

ye2vImd.jpg

fTn5T5k.jpg

also got a wrecked crv for parts and swapped the entire exterior and interior as the outside had all kinds of old damage and is a early model and the late model had a bunch of painted parts so updated that, and the interior was old and the driver seat was shitty so the new car had half the kms on it (ours is at 380k kms?) and was dark grey and has tinted windows, so its been nice.  had to modify the back seat belt buckles today as they change the receivers and the belts in the later model which was odd, so i trimmed the buckle to allow the old style to go deeper and then made the d shape on the belt more into a square so now they lock.  the early and late model have different rear seat bases and allow the rear seats to flip up and forward for some reason and thats where the belts go on the early model. late model has the belts on the seats ... its needlessly complicated and doesnt make much sense unless you look at it so really who cares.

e0IwSCu.jpg

LO9VG3H.jpg

lastly, civic wasnt a bad snow car after i put a crv spare wheel in the boot so i had some rear weight. a ligth car in the snow doesnt make a great one but did the job of getting me to and from work and over an un plowed highway

Zig9TWy.jpg

haha I thought I was crazy with 1.5 drift cars and a daily.  But I can't image working up the will to work on any of them haha.  Radius on the truck actually looks pretty cool!

Put the full Wats on the Supra again as the temps are usually above 10C. Checked fluids, air pressures and the like, good to go for now. Cleaned the Altezza cluster and measured it and put it there for mock up for when i swap. Would be nice to get this fully functional, but im also retarded. Got the pig tails on the back so it can be connected.

Yw5RRCb.jpg

fX7Y6Dr.jpg

9OXFPTW.jpg

hJfxqjW.jpg

there was a guy who wanted to make the fuel mileage gauge into a working boost gauge once a long time ago.

afaik it never worked out

got some 0/1 gauge wire for the cressida, a whole 25ft spool lol. s13 is getting done at a snails pace..once that chonk is out of my way the cressida has a heap of quick projects to get done and should make it 20% better and safer to drive so i can enjoy doing highway burners.

i have this wavering interest in gs300/aristos and just want a basic auto car to whoosh to work in..in comfort and ac. aristo would be sick for the motor and daily and so so gas mileage...but a gs300 is lhd and cheap...usually owned by dickheads tho.  got a wandering mind

update time

Supra, I put the Bosch 044 in, did not cure my fueling issues. got 4 laps into a skid day and was having fuel pressure issues. dropped the tank and cleaned up, bunch of of ethanol in there...fucking gas companies should leave this garbage out of fuel. cleaned the fuel sock, put new gas in, as well as an inline fuel filter, should be ok for a week?

j36fIbI.jpg

oWD4mGd.jpg

b9ElzkV.jpg

NtPfCrY.jpg

oTzhubS.jpg

Xvow91N.jpg
cressida, i have been futzing with this past week, tightened the steering rack more, i hope this cures the sliding of the rack. took the starter off, had it tested, 40/40 starts. i crunched down the starter trigger wire more, hopefully cures it? so far 15/15 starts. riveted some aluminum to the bumper to stiffen it up, still needs some braces.  took the door trim off to retape it as it was coming off. feels so weird to have had this car for so long and never drive it. curse of the cressida. going to put insurance on it tomorrow and make it my daily. load it with tools and give it a go before i head to japan in 2 weeks. 

ptyriQG.jpg

s13 is still in the garage taking up space, however we put the battery in it and tested the wires and everything works. so thats sick.

L8Z7Hkq.jpg

i bought 2 other d21 hardbodies and am waiting on a title for one, and the other i made into a daily.  still sourcing the reason for bad fuel economy.  all 3 trucks are sohc ka24es and this truck is getting 7km/1L which is terrible...every sensor seems to check out and drives just fine, peppy even.  hence the want to switch to the cressida.  civic i want to put a rear main seal into before i nuke my clutch otherwise its ready for winter if i need it.  put my 663k km engine into raspberry truck as the 262k km motor in it was sitting for 10yrs and had horrible chain rattle. swapped the 2 motors over a weekend in the gravel with 4 big plywood boards and some hand tools. was not a great weekend.  bought some new tires too to join the mudder club of mallcrawlers.  i parted and sold the white truck with all the belltech stuff on it so once raspberry has papers ill throw the OZs on the raspberry and sell the blue truck, so ill be back down to 1 d21.

PmDgdLb.jpg

ZWVf89i.jpg

pYnNoIL.jpg

n39D4Qb.jpg

civic, i daily drove all year. did some grippy feet and did a mission track event..actual grip racing, was a lot of fun.

SD6DNpi.jpg

f7qwKHv.jpg

ieAlsTD.jpg

2Su2tc7.jpg

lmao, 

What's with the ethanol hate? I've been running it for 4 years, no issues.. I recently upgraded the fuel system and got a replacement filter just because I thought it was going to be fucked up.. looked as good as the day I installed it.

as im sure it is down south, ethanol is being cut into gasoline to extend their product.  issue is with ethanol is the sitting and the fuel deteriorating.  as well, ethanol absorbs water which is not good for old metal tanks.  one way around this is to park it with a full tank of gas and put fuel stabilizer in it.  Ethanol is sitting do not mix well, not even sure what climate would be ok with this.  e85 is something else.  Still perplexes me that the gas companies add ethanol into regular gasoline to dilute it, and then you pay a premium for e85, which isnt even 85% most of the time at the pump.  

definite positives to be gained from e85 but it requires cycling it all out if you have the car sit for a few months so it doesnt gel, and the e10 or thereabouts in 87 octane isnt good for anyone.  91 octane is a random batch if it includes it or not, some pumps say no ethanol in 91 and some do.

Always love seeing your collection of cars ❤️

Yea, it is such crap when they are taking sub 91 octane fuel, adding up to 10% ethanol to it, and selling it to you as 91 octane. You then get less mileage out of it in comparison to 0% ethanol - but paid the same price. E85 is different, as you are getting the octane benefits of ethanol, not just the company using that to get it up to the reported octane rating. Plus, if you are putting E85 in there, you (hopefully) have checked and are checking on your fuel components more often (for older cars) or it is designed to be okay with that. Doesn't help that our gas is a stuuupid price up here right now...at one point someone was running a website tracking who was putting ethanol in what in BC. That might be worth checking to see if it is still a thing if you are concerned about this in the future.

I'll take a look into that dude, thanks.  Didn't think there would be recorded data on ethanol content here.

I have no interest in using e85 as I'd like to drive my cars anywhere and don't have patience to hunt down a station so pump gas it will remain. As well, my cars tend to sit..not my long term goal though, I want to run 2 plates and cycle them every few months and get more use out of them.

ive been dailying this thing to work this past week. its both good and bad to drive and i get real dumb with it. decent gas mileage too i find it hilarious, better than the d21 for sure..did cost me 100 bucks to fill up with basic ass pump 91 (55L)

the e85 here on the island is sitting at 67% ethanol currently (local shop has been testing it from the one station in nanaimo, which is and hour and a bit from victoria) and the price for e85 was $1.03/L and in august on the mainland it was $1.80/L, i suppose the difference is the mix of 60% vs 85-90% (testing of e90 was done by a e85 member) while our current gas prices are $1.30L and back in the summer is was $1.60 or thereabouts.  This is why i drive my civic everywhere as BC is quite high in gas prices, go across the border and you save .30+/L.

Just wanted to update this as the e85 pumps are starting to pop up.

I came back from Japan and the Supra had a lovely lake waiting for me in my recaro, not sure where it was leaking from as the roof and headliner are dry, no water spots or drips, and the windows were all the way up.  Havent done much of anything in a bit but the truck should be done shortly then when papers finally come for it I can sell my blue truck and thin the heard a bit

If my car is sitting outside, I use those dry-z-air things. They do a really good job of keeping mildew and mold out. Probably won't pull all the seat water out, but it helps a lot if you're away from your car for awhile. 

Weird that your headliner is dry though, leaks are always a fun mystery to track down

This was an actual lake and it sits outside all the time. Never a lake, not even damp. It was super weird and as I was away I couldn't check even if I wanted to. Oh well. I dried it out and washed the cushions and it's back in the car. I'll be keeping an eye on it