battleaxe

Curse of the Cressida

Steaks cooked over a nice charcoal mesquite wood chip blend on a bbq grill are the best imo.

Cast iron pans are for ground beef and bacon.

Chris what are those silver 5 spoke mag wheels your running in the rear of the first few pics? Stern?

They look good!

Chrisol you need to make more "jzxp ruined my life" stickers and the other hks influenced one you made.I lost mine ffs.

bitch you know nothing of searing in the pan on the grill.

you can have whatever vinyl you want, wife has a cutter on the way

I ran the advans, then nismo lmgt2, then SSR Vienna something or others, I have them written down somewhere.

I cook myself so spending 40+ for steak and a potatoe is beyond me. I grill on propane grill or inside depending if I ran out of propane or if it's really cold outside. I have not found a use for a cast iron skillet and still fail to comprehend them

Searing is not my forte.

Cast iron pan is a camping must have.

pan drippings yall.

id love to see this on 17x9 regamasters. id love to see my car on them too but...

I'm not too big on regas. I have some 16inch ones for my civic in that gunmetal colour and they're evia with stickers, still can't fully get behind them. Like the te's I feel they're very over rated...but I also say that about a lot of Japanese wheels after owning so many. Still far ahead of any other wheels outside of Japan though. I still crush on nismo lmgt4s but that still fades too :/

Pan drippings is life, it's so extra

I have not found a use for a cast iron skillet and still fail to comprehend them

I used mine for smelting lead to make bullets............

So, locally the pump is 180 +core of 200 lol and they're special order so no returns, and they're just remans. I'll look for a used one soon. Insurance runs out soon so I'll be using the supra again while I fix this. I wanna go over a couple of things since skidding. Happy with the power and weird gearing for our track. The curse, continues

anyone got opinions on these non oem bellhousings for the JZ to W swaps?

i keep itching to jz the supra. once i have the bellhousing ill pull this trigger like a fool.

515US from DM...so hard to justify

If you're talking about Akina Motorsport's JZ to W bellhousing, the company is local to me in AZ. They don't have a good reputation as far as mechanical work and wiring for swaps, but I know a couple people using their bellhousing with decent luck. Then again, their cars aren't driven everyday.

frick. its like 150 more bucks to buy OEM from DM. damn it. ill see if my buddy at toyota can tell me our price in cdn here

insured the supra today and swapped PS pumps on the cressida. the pump has in and out play, not sure if thats normal or not. it promotes a tiny wobble, which is what eventually kills all pumps...so not really interested in replacing this yet again. my mounts are all tight and keep it sturdy...maybe my oem pulley is just too worn on the splines? it had side to side play before i put the nut on there.

anyways. a friend of mine got rear ended the other week, and it looks like i might be buying his na 2j out of his altezza gita. got a W to JZ bell the other months ago...would be nice to bring this car into this decade..sort of. vvti 1jz in cdn money are in the 3k range and i wasnt too keen on that, no matter how you slice it. in this case, my diff and axles and stub things might last longer this way...and a na 2j takes to boost pretty easy so i can go down that route someday as well.

just got to attempt to fix this starting issue and it would make a decent daily driver even.

I just picked up a PS pump from an "Altezza" at the pick n pull the other week. I'm debating whether I slap it on my car, attempt to rebuild it, or just buy a reman. I want to save money, but I hate servicing PS pumps when they are on the car and hooked up.

jz ps pumps, lol. did mine on the 1j and the is300 within the past 2 years.

i got a reman and a rebuild kit for the current one. i had limited options and didnt want to fuck with a used one.

locals here, a group of BMW guys who run mostly chevy motors in them, have a member with a vvti 2jz in one and his PS never worked right. he had his high pressure solenoid on the pump and his rack doesnt have one. i dont think he ever tried hooking up the solenoid to work in any capacity but all the things he did do, didnt work. then they made a conversion pump using a GM pump that has the reservoir on it. same serpentine belt was used and pulley matched up too. its pretty trick and works real good. reman or new oem pumps for the chevy thing is cheap as chips too

Right now I'm using the OE PS pump from the Aristo and since those had progressive power steering, but my Cressida doesn't, the pump doesn't work right. I've been told the fix is to get an IS300 pump, so I'm going to give it a go.

I'll probably get a reman for that lifetime warranty or whatever.

doesn't work? did you disconnect your PPS solenoid on your cressida rack or something?

i had mine disconnected and it was real heavy steers at low revs, but was good on highway. i connected it and then it was like a cadillac but a little too sensitive on the highway, but whatever. the camber dulls it out. shortly thereafter my pump died, shit itself everywhere lol

There was a video on YouTube by BackyardBuilt that explained the issues that he experiencing with the Aristo pump and it was the same issues as I am experiencing. basically dead spots where the steering would go from easy to hard back to easy as he was steering. All he did was swap the Aristo pump for an IS300 unit and it steered like a cadillac.

Linky:

https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=etHxUhDgazU

I just took the restrictor in the solenoid

out of the ps pump and its cherry now. Engine is a Vvti 1uz from 98 gs400.

yeah i was going to say, it looks easier to just remove the solenoid bits.

but you said you didnt have pps, did you disconnect it or swap to a different rack? all US x8s have PPS.

has anyone looped back to the idea of replacing the pps brain with the rheostat to dial in your own steering effort?

^^ I think about once in a while, but as far as I know no one ever posted one that didn't eventually burn up/out.

*edit Woah I just thought about it again, I wonder if thats a signal my ecu could output

gordo and anyone who knows electronics better than me prob has a good idea how to implement it. its controllable if you want it to be i guess.

or werent there some x7 racks without pps you can swap in?

a-aron deleted his at the rack i believe.