battleaxe

Curse of the Cressida

I need to upgrade to a methanol injection system so i can run e 85

why would you need a meth kit to run E85 ? You wont need it.

What I meant to say is not only can I run e85 but i can run regular pump gas 89 0ctane once i go methanol conversion

You have to replace your fuel lines to run e85 as I understand the old rubber will wear way faster. Many newer cars don't need to due to new rubber. most gas has about 5% ethanol in it, supposedly only in the lower grades mind you..but I take that with a grain of salt. Probably started happening when GM introduced flexfuel vehicles..then again..could have always had corn juice in there...funny because it's cheap and dilutes the gas, but when u buy e85 it's pretty expensive, is here at least.

I talked to Bill before tuning and we discussed grades of gas and he said best to tune on what's easily available and consistant for you. There's a shell around the corner from me, new station, very busy so has high turn over of fuel. There's a bike shop and a Harley shop down the road so many use 91 in my area, it's also the last stop before going into the bush with your dirt bikes ATVs and other dirt cars. 91 makes sense for me and for a long time was better than the barely used 94 locally which was hit or miss with quality. Bill was saying as of late Chevron actually cleaned up their 94 and actually use an additive, techron is a placebo additive lol, anyways, their 94 is actually supposed to be good now. I think I remember him testing it? Might have been a single customer trying both, iunno.

I'm going to pull the plugs tonight when I get home and see what I have to replace them. These plugs were used through all the test and tuning I was doing and are old anyways. I will round the new ones corners tho

e10 mandate in my county and several others here but there is a site that will show you the non-ethanol stations in your area if you want straight gas. most are mom and pop operations in BFE here, so i wouldnt go out of my way or trust what im pumping into my car. e85 was cheaper than gas here, unsure if thats still the case because i haven't ever been to a station that offers it.

even e10 kills any older rubber seals it touches. ^ are you talking about newer types of rubber or just the same rubber with less age on it? i keep hearing they're going to either ditch ethanol mandates altogether OR go to e15 minimum blend to maximize how many people they're fucking over into buying a "new" car with all the compliant stuff in the ECU to track you and shut down your engine and pull data like where you've been and how you've been driving.

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

regardless, GM flex fuel sensors are cheap and play nice with even AEM v2 so...

I'm unsure if it was strictly old fuel lines or if new rubber is different and doesn't get eaten away by the ethanol. Or if new rubber is better but also not compliant. I have not looked into it other than knowing older cars need new fuel lines put in

federal E85 subsidies are over now (so e85 prices have gone up) and GM realized that this corn juice is not the greatest thing... All GM government fleet vehicles are a huge test pool and the average dumbass american couldn't keep the engine lasting over 100,000 miles. There might be way less push on opening more e85 stations because of that..

i think all the cheap oil on the market is killing current interest in E85. there just isn't demand right now with the price of a barrel so low.

Our gas prices are going up constantly. It's 1.31/L here, for 91 it's 1.52/L. I think that's close to 3-4/gallon in USA money? Costs about 50 for a full tank in civic and more for cressida :/

i think my cressida takes 35 to fill on E85, and i get about 200miles a tank

I'm expecting the 1j auto to pull around 400 miles a tank, that's what my old 2JZGE used to do

Vancouver 1.50 per litre for regular

94 octane 1.65 per litre

The thread on here titled "Lets rap about plugs" is pretty much what I usually goto when looking for new plugs. I'm running the BKR7Es or which ever Cam rapped about on the jz car.

http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=3716

Just checked, these were in my garage. I gapped them to 028 in prep to put them in

They were same plugs I pulled out. Gaps were 026-031 lol 3 small 3 big. I think I used the gauge slips when I originally did them. One plug, cyl 2 was rusty on the top, water got in somehow. Haven't driven it since putting in new plugs

Did so e skids today. Also so e highway pulls. Did a little break up but 1-3gears and then 4th seemed to be ok. Then I roasted the tires I had. Drives a lot better now. Very stoked. Drifts very different than what I have skidded before, actually carries its weight, very fast, hooks up really good but also tires are shit. Proper burial

did its first full dry drift day in this thing. many things happened lol.

*PS showed it was leaking very badly at the shaft seal. sick, great way to start the day before even starting it. fought with putting more in so i could use the car. when it ran very low and wasnt working so good, caused many problems with being able to even rotate the car and steering with the rear was not even working.

*throttle cable at the pedal fell off...i saw some really stupid shit down here as i got it back on afterwards, for whatever reason, there was a bolt with a hole in it and a nut. this might have worked for matt before if it was in the spot it was supposed to be. i put it back in its hole and ziptied it so it wouldnt pop off again

*a vacuum cap popped off a Tee i had to switch with a manual boost controller i have, it was causing it to overboost. i had originally thought it was my plugs being fouled again, but was just a vacuum cap. grabbed one from the brake bleed valve and zipped it on and went back out.

other than the constant mess the PS was making, was a good day. went through 3 sets of tires, power is still something to get used to because out of boost/low boost its manageable, but when it hits 1 bar its like hitting that NOS and it really propels you forward. the long factory gearing works well with our track for the most part, sadly its just left in 2nd. drum ebrake is still king of the slides. im going to go back to the x8 rack because i feel this x7 one needs a rebuild. steering (besides the leaky PS pump) wasnt where it should be and felt a bit sloppy. front tires arent the greatest, i have some re71rs brand new on some 17s so ill give those a go when i get another pump. i read that 2jz pumps are same? if so i can go to the parts store and get another one. this one was wobbling from day 1 and was only a matter of time before it died.

Got some things to fix before driving again, but should be back shortly, back to the supra i guess.

one awesome thing, our track is pretty rough in some spots, and one spot in all my other cars is very disruptive to the car if you get it wrong. i got it wrong a couple times in this spaceship and jesus christ, it just hovered over the shit. it was magic. interesting chassis. i look forward to sorting the entire rear end so its not so sloppy. (its all stock minus 1/3 of the s9 bushings for the diff that i did when i put the 2way in) im used to sloppy rears though so it was ok lol.

found a couple pictures so far, one was in another section of cabbage, did me a belly slide off the edge there

U3qkgi6.jpg

1/3 cressidas that comes here, he has a jzx90 1jz with a hx35, hes been to a few of our events and has gotten a lot better

Bu0N5hQ.jpg

this shot was probably right after i got close to empty and the skidding was just not happening. look at that squat though

ZtojWd7.jpg

and thats me in the cabbage. the rear doors and back are off the pavement and in the grass. in that spot and going wide you either do this or spin, and i dont do the spins into traffic

If I was smart, I would rebuild my steering rack or get a refurbished one. They sell refurbished ones at all the local auto parts stores, but I'm not sure what parts they use during the rebuild... OEM parts or poverty china parts?

Hmmm...

I'm not sure, but I think the PS pumps are the same, but don't quote me on that. I went the IS300 PS pump route for my 2J because it didn't have the power steering solenoid that the Aristo had, which causes you to kind of hit a wall when trying to steer quickly. I'm too lazy to cross reference part numbers, but if you end up doing that, lemme know what you find.

refurbished racks are around 200 bucks from what ive seen. my x8 rack is in good knick so ill just swap that back and see how it is. the solenoid is on the rack itself so im not sure what youre talking about. is300/gs300/NA Supra and Turbo supra are all 2jz so all should be the same. ill be looking into it this week. al my local parts guys have moved on so ill have to work through that shit show too

Right, I have a solenoid on my rack too, all X8's do. The Aristo has an additional one directly on the pump, which needs to be deleted. If you get a pump for an IS300, you should be good to go.

Here's a pic

IMG_0155.jpg

This video covers it at about the 8 minute mark

sick, ill grab a is300 one this week.

some more pics showed up. stoked

gVT6XO3.jpg

other cressida in the foreground, neat

asE861T.jpg

6jWtZrf.jpg

1jz cressida, RB20 ae86 and 2jz vvti E36
eclectic mix lol

wlbZfQT.jpg

and my favourite photo of the day so far. slick

Looking good. I got mine off ebay for like $30 with the reservoir. If I was smarter, I would buy the gasket kit and bearing and rebuild the thing.

Also, I saw the banner on that track for The Keg. They have damn good steak and garlic mashed potatoes there...

Didn't know you had them up in BC. All the ones in the Seattle area have closed except for one. Not sure why, they were always jammed when I went there

Keg is overpriced run of the mill food plated as elegant when it is not. Probably my why so many went under.

I'm curious what a new one or returned one will cost. We don't have a lot of is300s in the yards..let alone having much for local yards as it is. Does only Toyota sell the rebuild kits? I know my bearings are shot, the pulley wobbled quite a bit

Keg makes a really good burger imo.Nice chuck,brisket,and sirloin mix.There steaks and seafood aren't bad as well.I also enjoy the eye candy.

Pics are killer.Looks like a good day.

Going to politely disagree with you on The Keg. Maybe a little overpriced, but the food is decent. And yeah, all the waitresses are fine as hell there.

I would just ebay the pump, they're super easy to find. I vaguely recall them having a full rebuild kit, but if not, it's only a gasket, a bearing and a few o-rings. Not that hard to order the parts individually through the dealer.

Great pics!

I'll have to live vicariously through you as I'm missing all my local events because of the paint project. Weather has been unpredictable here lately. Cold, windy, and raining, none of which are good painting conditions.

Good to see people going out and ripping.

Keg is overpriced run of the mill food plated as elegant when it is not. Probably my why so many went under.

local one was great unless you know anything at all about cooking your own steak, then they became superfluous because their bar was mediocre and the waitresses, while hot, tended to fuck the waiters and managers at the restaurant more than anyone else.

seriously, get a cast iron pan for

great pics, tell that guy w the circa 2005 turbo setup hes still better off than me.