battleaxe

Curse of the Cressida

Bled the clutch and put in the solenoid to the rack and found the plug. I got PS back. Also checked the tie rods and front suspension out, seems all good. Took for a drive and there's a weird dead spot in the center of the rack where it feels like a steering box. You're moving the wheel but nothing is happening. I'm going to check out the tie rods at the rack side and see if theres anything else there. I've heard with poly rack bushings the rack can shift, so I'll tighten those down too..figured their natural greasyness would have been gone by now

neat, some pictures.

need side skirts of some description and then something for the rear :/

rocker panels on both sides are super mangled from old owner matt jumping stuff

the bumper corners need bracing or slide brackets so they dont droop in the corners. looks terrible, but, i can lift the bumper up like a skirt so i can put a jack under there, just slightly.

7UEiZrM.jpg

dXCsibX.jpg

YJBJ0xq.jpg

didnt realise i didnt post some pictures from the s9 bbq last year

FoVPL1T.jpg

kQjEkLR.jpg

You ever think about getting a rear slit spoiler

289287_429621117079687_1886233683_o.jpg

for the supra..sort of...the x8, thats not the styling for the car. im only aware of the jdm bumpers, big win, BN, then s9's stuff. im unaware of anything that connects the bumper to the 1/4s like on the 180sx or something of that nature. at this point, id really like the jdm optional lip these bumpers had, paint the rockers...im torn on, and i have the jdm rear bumper, but i gotta build a bash bar or mod the usdm bumper bar to even let the bumper fit. i feel if i painted the rockers, it would look like billys car and turn into a huge blob of colour. but i think thats because his car has about everything painted white, ...i also hate all the chrome and trim on the car. frick

There's also Hippo Sleek and I cant remember if destruction king makes rear bumpers or if they're only front.

if theres a easier way then shipping from japan, im prolly game. the shipping to canada is fucking murder, iunno why. a 1200 kit, is like 1k in shipping, i dont get it

I like the interior pic.Living life on the edge cruising the good old petulla bridge lol

I like this kit.

http://finalkonnexion.co.jp/products/aero/toyota/original-80-mark2-chaser-cresta/

That's pretty gnarly. The bummer about this chassis, is that is has such a weird following and finding cars online with any amount of kits other than big win, is shy of impossible. Also have no idea how to get a kit here for any reasonable amount. Wish demo cars were not allowed to be black so you can see all the lines and what it actually looks like. I imagine the opening on the FK kit to be quite small...but it does look really nice

looks like it was a loose bolt on the rack, the driver side bracket had a loose bolt, feels better now. i swapped the 5mm spacers for 20's so that probably added a bit to it as well.

the x7 rack would twist as i would tighten the tie rods at the rack, the x8 rack i have did not do this (albeit i did this on the ground so it wasnt clamped down)

currently in 4th at 4400 rpm, it feels like its blowing out spark. going to pull plugs when i get back from work. did fine while high 2nd, not much load...so ill check those out and gap them small and see? really sucks not being able to use full stupid boost...probably a good thing currently as the rear tires need to meet their end and get new ones

Yes, tighter gap will make up for weak spark.

I've run as small as .016" gap on some high compression engines.

But the correct fix is hotter spark.

I forget what plugs are in there and what I have to put back in. Not sure if I went to another heat range.

I'm running 1bar of boost, and they're NGK coppers. With NGK, it says go colder for more power. I know NGK's heat range is a bit backwards from the others?

NGK 5 is stock 7M NA, fairly hot, the GTE is a 6, for a measly 220 HP, a 7 wouldn't out of the question for 1 bar.

So what ever the 1J stock heat is, 1 bar should be a full heat range cooler.

But here is the thing, running a cooler plug, and hardly ever getting on the throttle, you will get fouling.

Running a hotter plug, so you can daily drive, you run the risk of pre-ignition.

Since fouled plugs are easier to deal with than holed pistons, just step up the maintenance cycle.

Quality of gas also contributes to plug fouling.

It may be that your plugs are just fouled a little.

I have a small glass bead cabinet that I will clean my plugs in. Just have to make sure all the glass bead is cleaned off them.

Some plugs these days are pretty pricy, and a little time, and a hobby bead blaster will put them back to new condition

So lets throw in some more variables.....

The square corners on standard ground electrodes are hot spots, which can lead to pre-ignition.

But just spending some time rounding all those sharp, 90 degree corners off, you can run a hotter plug.

Most plug manufactures make race plugs, that the electrodes are already rounded off.

Thanks for the info Gordo. I believe I run 6's. The fouling is all par for the course. The 91 in it is old, I just filled up on the weekend with new 91. I haven't changed the plugs since it was dynod in may? Of last year, also has next to no driving on it. Due to the ECU and safc2 not wanting to talk well to each other my afrs are 10ish at wot. And in 4th that's a long time to be rotary rich. I'm going to pull the plugs and see what I was running and what gap. I'll start rounding the edges on the plugs. These are coppers I run so they're cheap, couple bucks each sort of thing

Is a "tuned" ECU from Japan. Came with the car. Has no fuel cut or boost cut, no idea what the tune is, or for. It's a supra ECU iirc. Pushes me to put my haltech in

Why are you running 91?

94 chevron only imo.

Fuck shell v power.

The thread on here titled "Lets rap about plugs" is pretty much what I usually goto when looking for new plugs. I'm running the BKR7Es or which ever Cam rapped about on the jz car.

http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=3716

Why are you running 91?

94 chevron only imo.

Fuck shell v power.

I talked to Bill about this. It's generally the turn over of the gas and how often it gets used. There's only a few chevrons and they have 94. Problem is, how few people use it and how often. It sits in the tanks. 91 is used more frequent and turn over is good enough.

I doubt fuel is my issue today, but it was year old gas and I was still boosting and being shitty with it..probably knocking the whole way. I'm rarely hitting full boost while on the highway so this problem went unnoticed. Usually do 1st to 2nd crabbies and then that drift day which was part throttle and a few full throttles, due to being so wet out. But I'm 98% sure plugs are my issue and if they look ok. I'll look into the gas and coilpacks, which look good, they're from a jzx90

The thread on here titled "Lets rap about plugs" is pretty much what I usually goto when looking for new plugs. I'm running the BKR7Es or which ever Cam rapped about on the jz car.

http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=3716

If I dont have these at my house I'll go grab some. That number sounds familiar

fuck im happy where i live we have access to 93 everywhere. race gas is ~15 miles away at the race track. e85 is actually harder to find.

Why are you running 91?

94 chevron only imo.

Fuck shell v power.

Why are you running 94 chevron?

E85 only imo.

pussies.

Demesio, we don't really get E85 round these parts. I have heard there is one station that carries it about an hour or so from my place. So it isn't really worth the trek.

I need to upgrade to a methanol injection system so i can run e 85