Sign in to follow this  
tdurr

my cressida is the Chump

so in reality you're so far up your ass you can't tell anymore.

Aren't we all? ahahaha

All i really want to do is drive this turd. I went na because new chassis to me and didn't want to dive into a full project before i got to enjoy it even a little bit. I know I like turbo noises but my Honda was filling that desire at the time. Its funny to watch people look confused when ur 80's Honda keeps up with w/e their driving.

I think once i get the cressida running decent enough to daily I'm gonna focus on doing a beams swap in my corona. But if it happens it would have to be before I go overseas in the fall/winter.

Corona......

Fond memories.

Spend the $$ that the Beams would cost on putting together a forged lower on the 20R, and a turbo set up, and make twice the power.

i found out that a company called pfaff (wonder if im related) made a blowthrough kit for the 18r-g

1449395737_57bedbaae9_z.jpg

would be cool to build an old corona or an e11 with something like that.

I'm not a huge fan of carbs. Mainly because I don't understand their voodo powers. But a boosted 20r would be cool.... Meh ill consider it when I get around to spending money on that car.

Na, carbs would be a real limiter for a turbo build, I see the Datsun people still playing with that shit.

Stand alone would be the only way to go. That and a 22R.

Fuck if I know.......

I hate living 3 hours away from my car. I finally got a cluster so hopefully I can see the rpm of the engine. It never worked since i bought the car lol

20170505_165829.jpg

Would not be surprised if op starts putting 7m head on 5m and swapping it into a corolla bragging about how 'unique' and fast it is

I quite enjoyed this reference, considering I know OP really well

Welp small update.
Last week I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and decided to make use of my sick days by driving back to ga to finish the car.

20170519_145636.jpg

Pulled the trans Friday and dropped the eBay clutch off to our local clutch guy to get a new everything made.

20170520_130035_HDR.jpg

Got a call sat at noon saying it was done. New pp, disk, to, & flywheel surfacing for 240. Threw that shit in the car sat, started raining as I was getting close to being done so i stopped. Finished it Sunday and drove the car all of a mile that day(had other stuff going on) then Monday did some running around and drove the fucker back to bama & washed it at 1030pm. Was a long weekend but now I think i got my turd of a car back. Only sucked up like 7x as much $$$ as I wanted and is still slow as shit.
Fuck me right?

Edit: also swapped tacos and now I know my rpm. Its pretty swell to know that.

Taco:

The-Del-Taco-%28Soft%29.png

Tacho:

Tachometer%20590x590.jpg

Been a while since i posed in here(like yall care)

So I figured id post a few things.

Lets seee... Um ive broke the same u-joint 2 times in my driveshaft. Once shifting hard from 1st to 2nd, second time was trying to do a burn out and idk shit just went bad.

Got a temp replacement, then added a solid trans mount.

Next thing that was big.... I added a trailer hitch so i could pull my grom around. Fuck buying a truck.

Added solid engine mounts not long ago & been loving it. Idk why i didnt do that off the jump. Fixed a leaking dizzy o-ring, got shorter inserts for the front coilovers so i could level the car out better.

& a few weeks ago i got new wheels. I'm not posting any pics because i havent uploaded any pics to my photobucket bc fuck them. & i cant upload them from my phone right now. O well. Ill go back to doing stuff.

We really like when you post.

It gives us a chance to have a good laugh again.

Next post: "I snapped the diff output shaft !"

I am impressed on how he installed custom pedal covers, without any of them lining up.

And would like to see pictures of the wheels......

Chrome steel dirt track maybe ?

Or some old Z-car Iron Cross 14x6.

Which may be advisable since it limits the tire size, thus traction, and torque to snap 4-cylinder driveline size.

Wall of text

I appreciate the fact you felt the need to go out and write all this for me. I take all of what you said to heart.

Nah not really. I am impressed you manged to care enough to write all that out. The cressida is my back up car so Idk. No need to go balls out. Just doing stuff little bit by little bit. You would really hate me if you saw what my main money pit is.

& gramps, you are pretty close. They are steel wheels from Merica. 16x8 0 offset. Nothing fancy at all but looks 10x better than the oem wheels with the baked on brake dust from 30 years of organic pads.

Next post it prob will be on a flatbed for something stupid for sure.

Don't go out of your way even posting anything again.

You have Zero to add to this forum that anyone here cares about.

You are truly facebook material.