Sign in to follow this  
tdurr

my cressida is the Chump

Bill, your clearance is probably a good bit better than mine. This was a done in a garage on small jackstands. So it aint perfect but its gonna do the job of not getting all my exhaust gasses in the cabin.

To swim, meh. It goes straight because we were aiming for simplicity. Didn't want to do pie cuts because it isn't needed/I'm lazy.

my 3" was done in a garage on small jackstands and was a million times better than that.

that is jank ass.

It goes straight because..........I'm lazy.

No, you are a turd.......with a turd car.

I like that title change. This cressida is a pretty big turd, I mean it is brown.

& show me these better exhaust. I want to see how bad I fucked up.

Shhhh its a temp thing. Imma get a Nardi once I get a real job.

No flexpipes for anyone else? & lools like some nice stainless there Gramps.

Fuck that, get your own out of Japan.......

The only way I'll ever bring any more in is if I have orders for 10 of the fuckers.

Oh dang been a long time. Well I know yall don't care but I'm going to let you know how I've been doing.

Where to start... Umm yea so I was coming back from bama sometime last year, started hearing a weird sound on the hwy, car was overheating, & trying to turn off. Look up 5 miles to the next exit. Sitting in the side of the hwy in bumble fuck bama sucks(sucks even more when your black) so I limped it to the closest gass station, then find out its no oil was in it & sounded like a rock was inside the pan when it was at any rpm over idle. Called friends, they picked me up & towed the car back to ga.

20160605_183649_1.jpg

Got tired of fucking with it, sat in my driveway for like 8 months then I moved.

20170129_144213.jpg

Put the car at a friends house down the road. Well about a month ago while pulling into a car meet in my Honda, the wg said fuck "This I'm out"

20170326_072627.jpg

So in turn I said fuck you. And started making plans for the cressida. Debated going 1j,1.5, get, but I wanted to just drive the car so opted for just grabbing a na from a junkyard and rolling with it.

20170428_120512_HDR.jpg

20170428_201311.jpg

20170430_174717.jpg

20170430_204906.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-02-12-25-10.png

Decided to ditch the goofy intake, and just do the standard 2j stuff. I still got the other crazy intake and the RMR tb in the trunk but meh it can wait. Almost drove the car back to bama yesterday but a few small problems stopped me. Hopefully I'll be back in the driver seat of the x7 soon and feel like a dirty grandpa.

I legit feel bad for people who spend all that time and money to put NA 2js in their cars... all the time, effort, and money to make 20 or so more hp =/

About all that the bright red chinese clutch can hold......

NA 2j can take you places. Nice.

Right? At this point I could've have bought a 1jz. And be way good. But o well you live & learn. & that clutch is next on the list of things to go. I only bought it because it came with a flywheel when I didn't have one.

If you bought a 1j, you'd have extra expenses. If you go turbo, you'll then have those expenses. Economically speaking, you're on he right path

yeah at least i thought so although demesio is was out there to try and prove you wrong.

Adding a turbo isn't apples to apples though. And Demesio intermittently has his head directly in his ass.

Like, extra cost associated as far as fmic stuff is universal. Incurring the initial additional cost of the gte isn't though. And then there's the fact that the cost offset that throws you over the cost mark for the 1j also makes 70 more wheel hp in most cases, and your 1j will require $1500 more to get there.

Again, just not apples to apples. End goal should play a role in this, but most people going this route don't usually have the foresight to get this far.

I'll admit that I'm the reason the NA-T went so bad. At the point when i had the holset and gte electronics running, that was good.

Wanting to go full retard is what ultimately fucked me up.

I'd like to think my head is now out of my ass... but i just bought a second cressida, and it overheated 20 minutes ago haha.

so in reality you're so far up your ass you can't tell anymore. good.