rkc14

The hole in my driveway that I throw money into

DBW is the new VVTi problem... it's stupid! its hard to wire! It doesnt work! bitch! bitch! nag! nag!...

works great in my 2j mk2 poopra, beams corolla... and im putting it on my cressida next month...

After seeing some of the carnage, I bet some would like a self-driving drift car......

Demesio, I am kinda thinking the same thing.

Things I hear;

It takes too much to wire it in.

I was making a whole new harness anyway.

Throttle lags the pedal action.

That can be tuned out. We can set 100% pedal is 80% throttle, or go full asshole mode where 20% pedal is 100% throttle, or any whatever we want.

I don't trust electronic throttles.

They seem to be holding up fine so far. What happens if the cable breaks on a hardwired throttle?

I think that most of these complaints come from factory cars which have been purposefully made to be dumb like that.

I see more pros than cons personally. We can add Traction control, WHICH CAN BE TURNED ON AND OFF. We can add in a valet mode so that the car will never see more that XX% throttle. Safety parameters can be set so that if the ECU sees that something is wrong it can force the car into true limp mode not allowing more that XX% throttle. If the firmware comes out as claimed I will also be able to have cruise control.

Huck, I have never driven a car with electric steering so I can't really have an opinion on it.

Gordo, you know you would love a self-driving car. More chances to sleep.

i support the self driving car. it wont be perfect but it will be infinitely more predictable in traffic.

for me personally: cable throttle, hydraulic power steering or none at all, same with brakes.

i'd retrofit carbs on everything and eliminate all complicated electronics to ensure it will survive the EMP blast from the inevitable conclusion of the second cold war.

There's lots of pros, and the Nissan throttles seem to work better stock for stock than the Toyota ones IMO

Gordo, you know you would love a self-driving car. More chances to sleep.

I own a bed....

I drive for excitement.

Only thing I have ever seen a throttle cable break on was a 1965 Ducati.

DBW - Fucking pussy shit.

The resident hipster has spoken......

some days i think it might be cool to squat over a sink and dunk my scrotum into a running garbage disposal. i mean, why not?

I don't think hammed's balls are big enough to reach the blades.

We are putting a 996 dbw throtle on a jz soon at my job. Along with a syvecs ecu and a dct m3 bmw trans. Ill post some pics of the parts soon.

Slow progress, but progress none the less.

IMG_20161226_152337.jpg

IMG_20161226_152350.jpg

Bumper bar is mocked up. Just tacked together right now. Once it is fully welded I will clean it and paint it.

IMG_20161226_152403.jpg

IMG_20161226_152415.jpg

Went to my grandparents house over the holiday. I had to repeatedly tell myself I don't need another project

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_20161225_165054.jpg

Yeah i know. It wasn't suppose to be this long. But yeah I haven't wanted to deal with it yet. Definitely gonna take the covers off to do that. Just not sure how yet.

Mineral spirits is good for loosening old tape glue, but you have to let it soak.

I want the Ferguson....I wonder if you can flip the axle up side down, to get 'stance'?