rkc14

The hole in my driveway that I throw money into

I like these kits. Super thick flanges and not all flimsy like some of the others....

Sweet. I know Lucas said he uses the stock bumper support with a lot cut out of it. What are you using? I might look at getting a bash bar made.

Same. Stock bumper support and I cut the corners off until if slid on.

He leaves enough meat on the bone so you can sand or trim material off to fit your car.

Those kits are awesome. I had his side skirts on mine, I hated the look and took them off but they are nicely built.....

Want some skirts...?

I do want skirts, and the rear bumper. But I can't afford either at the moment, I need to get an Infinity 6, and a couple other things to get the car running first.

Boring update I know but it's progress. For my battery relocation I decided to put a disconnect switch in the system, mainly security reasons to be honest. I can just throw the switch and it kills power to the entire car. Anyway the switch is a Moroso Super Duty Battery Disconnect Switch, part 74102.

IMG_3745.jpg

I mounted it to the side of the battery box. Tested on the multimeter to make sure it worked and whatnot too.

IMG_3744.jpg

The hardest part was figuring out how to connect to the damn terminal posts. Fuckers are 1/2" in diameter, I couldn't find any terminals that were 1/2" bolt diameter and would take a 2 AWG cable.

I went to an electrical supply company and got two 3/8", 1/0 terminals. Had to drill out the middle with my step drill but it worked out perfectly.

IMG_20160213_160856.jpg

I also ordered the BMW parts that WhoreMouth so generously told us about.

Got some kind of fuse or circuit breaker on the power wire? It should be right off the battery. It's a good idea when running a battery cable the length of the car, imo.

Mount works, I have a strip of metal in the box that the external mount is attached to. It doesn't flex when I turn the switch so that is all that matters, might paint it at some point. The routing of the cables isn't pretty but I made sure the cables didn't have any strain in them while also being compact as possible. The cables leading to the front will be pinned down once I get the carpet and whatnot in. Still looking into fuses and stuff, not sure exactly what I will do yet.

Mount works,

So does aero made from resin coated cardboard, or plywood (just ask any SCCA idiot).

And so do zip ties (just ask any 240 drift wana-be)

No, really, that looks like shit.......

Stop pretending you own a clapped out honda, or 240.

Go buy a nice piece of aluminum angle, or 1/8" flat stock, bend it in a vise, then buff it a little after you're done.

Or better yet, go back to facebook with that crap.

at minimum round off the edges so you dont cut yourself and get tetanus...and why would you place it in an area that you will be moving around in. move it closer to the side and further from usable area of the trunk.

Janky as fuck

Hopefully this is slightly more acceptable? I doubt it though.

IMG_20160304_144758.jpg

Got a couple parts today.

IAC block off plate

IMG_20160226_115906.jpg

1ZZFE coils

IMG_20160304_135338.jpg

and this

IMG_20160304_135616.jpg

blocking off the iac because the electronic throttle body will handle that. It is an OEM 350Z throttle body.

I just pulled this out of the mail. Big thanks to ChrisSOL and Rue........smart asses

IMG_20160304_175941.jpg

Better than you deserve.......

Hopefully this is slightly more acceptable?

IMG_20160304_144758.jpg

Slightly........

Add an indicator light in one of those holes. ad a toggle switch in another.

Kinda make like those holes are actually there for a reason.

^^ fuckin smart.

where did you get that iac block off i need one badly