Sign in to follow this  
Space Case

Phresh off the boat X110

I can't wait to photograph this car.

it's not like i'm gonna put it in my personal spank bank or anything.....

I cant wait to drive it. Its so much nicer than the JZX90...but Im not putting it on the road until I'm back from japan...which is a month away.

I forgot my camera's battery, so just a shitty cell pic.

Bw5dwQ0.jpg

i am really interested in the parallels between the X110 and XE10 chassis. i might have you measure shit, take pictures of shit and just tell me shit.

check this thread often.

13418791_10154383101018243_5234962393848

Still needs to go a lot lower before I'll be happy. Working on clearancing the rear bits (pinch welds and bumper)

Adjustable FUCAs are on the way to dial in some more neg camber and shit

Car sounded like it was detonating, took it to a friends dyno.

Its detonating.

Weirdly enough, a local friend (also the only other jzx110 owner in my province) says his dets in the same fashion as mine did. He said his crown did the same thing too. Have confirmed from a separate crown owner that theirs dets lightly as well. Not sure if shitty canadian gas/aggressive new age tuning or what.

vewy stwange. fucking cars.

That aside, I ordered a front lip and rear wing and lowered the car a lot. Installed a 3" turbo elbow and DP as well. Shit sounds amazing.

Add some octane booster, see if it goes away.

Try a colder plug.

Try dialing back the timing 2 degrees.

Or spend $$, add a water/methanol injection.

It's funny, this same conversation is going on over on one of the retard datsun forums.

'Halp, my built engine is pinging under full load'

One moron, who supposedly runs a datsun specialty shop told the halpless that he may have plug wires crossed over.

Really ?

On a fucking 4-banger, if you get 2 plug wires mixed up, you would be lucky to even start it.....

Fucking morons.........

It's also funny, that the administrator has me locked out from making any replies without him looking them over first.

Me !

And I thought I was such a lovable guy........

^ "my carbed v8 shoots flames from the intake!"

The car already has colder plugs in it, timing is non adjustable ( it's not a 7m you fuck) and octane booster doesn't do shit. I ran some toluene in it and that helped but det was still pevelant. I'm not super worried.

Standalone time. Or water/meth. Or bith.

One or two last old man suggestions......

Those engines are maybe sensitive to mild carbon build up.

There are several ways to de-carbon an engine without pulling it apart.

My favorite is to get the engine up to temp, and slowly pour about a pint of distilled water into the intake while it's running.

This can be done through any hose attached to the throttle body.

You have to manually open the throttle to keep it running while the water is going in.

What you will get is a grey to black cloud out of the exhaust. That is all the carbon deposits being carried out by the resulting steam.

Engine temp and air intake temp are factors when dealing with ping.

If you are running a 190+ thermostat (typical late model Toyota), try a 180.

Get a larger intercooler.

You should have zero problems with a factory Ecu if it isn't cooked.

Now really, if it's still having problems at stock boost even with a stock front mount WITH good premium fuel and a bottle of octane boost guess what, you've got a bigger problem.

Man, I don't even want a 100 no more

Only other thing I can think is that the auto ecu is causing a problem.

Either way I don't really give a fuck. Stock ecu sucks always and I had planned to go standalone.

Please tell me your running chevron 94 octane and only chevron 94 octane? None of this shell bullshit or any other fucking crap gas.

How's the fuel pump?

Is the fuel filter clean and not clogged up with shit?

Is the air intake filter clean and getting the air it needs?

Is your air fuel ratio good? under load?

Are your plugs fouling up?

How are your coil packs?

How's the voltage?

Is your ground grounded out nice and solid?

Injectors clean and all working properly?

If all these are good then your ecu must be fucked.

Yes I realize this.That's where octane boost come in to play.

Space case is in the lmnd.So im sure finding a chevron won't be an issue

Fair enough.

Yet people here make due with Shell bullshit that seems to make the same power reliably as Chevron 94 out your way....

Yeah, like I said everything checks out. Alot of newer cars det right from the factory and its deemed 'acceptable' by the manufacturers. I dont think its a coincidence that 3 other local cars of the same age/mileage with same engine/ecu have the exact same issue. On the plus side, 2 of those 3 cars get beat on regularly and havnt blown a ring land or tossed a bearing yet.

I'm running 94 chevron, but lots of people complain here about stale gas since the 94 doesnt really sell very well (if at all) in some locations..

It doesnt det very hard, mines virtually inaudible. Can only really be picked up with det ears and the butt dyno loss of power. It comes in around 3500rpm and cleans up in the high RPMs.

Im looking at standalones and turbos for the winter.

On a side note, I bought a OEM front lip from the fuckin ruskies. It was somehow cheaper to buy it from them and ship to canada, than straight from japan....

Did some photoshop work too, trying to find a spoiler that looks okay. A lot of the body kits for the 110 are fucking heinous, and the australians that seem to populate the rest of the JZX forums dont have a fucking bone of taste in their bodies.

So far the S14 kouki wing seems to be a direct bolt on lol. Trunk width and profile are the same. Will look much better with front lip. Cant really go any lower in the front until I shorten my uprights (jig in the works as we speak)

13709583_10157059400070577_1831121407_o.