I will be honest and say I didn't do a lot of research.

but I was looking at the blitz intercooler kit for Jzx100 and I found them for about the same price as the cxracing kit, piping looks similar except the tops match up with the vvti motor I'm running and the welds and intercooler don't look like Chinese garbage.

I can post pics if anyone cares.

Mostly curious to see if anyone has ran any Jzx100 things on their Cressida and unless somebody says "yes I did this and it was 100% off" I'm probably going to pick one up and show you assholes how close/off it is.

Ps I am assuming it will need to be modified

the welds and intercooler don't look like Chinese garbage...... if anyone cares.

There are a few of us that do.....

Do your part, and spread the word (pictures).

I'm tired of preaching, and don't care that much any longer.

The more chinky crap is put on cars, the more I can beat with a 7MGE.

Couldn't find a picture of the actual kit but here is a diagram of it.

If it's anything like the 240 kit shown online it's shiny and pretty.

And since blitz claims to do r&d on things such as intercooler tube/fin shape I assume it's higher quality/performance then a ebay/dm/cxracing you can Google pictures of that stuff.

post-4186-0-42745800-1451787638_thumb.jpg

Bolt in kits are for chumps. I'll probably use a factory GTR intercooler and get some whizzy u bends and make my own so I can actually only have four couplings.

Those gtr intercoolers are ugly with those awkward inlet/outlet pipes (not that it matters how it looks)

Is that for your x100?

This isn't a bolt in thread just minimal cuts is what I'm interested in, altho I would like a bolt in kit. less couplers means less chance of boost leak less welds means less turbulence(in theory)

Your weld/turbulence theory is retards.

If the internal surface of all the piping had the same surface of a golf ball, it would actually flow better. It braeks the surface adhesion, and thus drag of the air column as it moves through the piping.

But.........

a weld bead here or there causes turbulance, and thus restricts air flow.

Not that any of the majority of builds here (sub-500) would ever aproach that type of air flow.

So Kyle is right, don't worry about it.

What does look retarded is when badly fitted joints are welded together, and or connected by chicken shit welds.

By the way, I have a very nice Calsonic GT-R intercooler sitting here......

Big......

They take a real snake pit of piping to fit into an X8.

I always figured it would fit better if mounted up side down.

GT-Rintercooler-3.jpg

GX-GTR-Inter.jpg

Whatever I don't really care Kyle.

Update:for <$500 shipped to my door: the kit is the less fancy setup it has a 266 × 610 × 68mm core and runs 70mm piping which is more than enough for most setups.

I'm pretty much set on picking this up worst case scenario I have to cut all the pipes and I have a brand new intercooler.

Food for thought.

We flow benched a cxr intercooler last summer.

It was a 24x24x4 and flowed almost the same cfm and the exact same pressure drop as an old greddy/trust one that was in the attic.

Just sayin.

That looks like factory bolt in for an r32/33? Most were made by calsonic. I used one on my Soarer and was able to keep the factory bumper support, and didn't have to do crazy bends. Had to cut and brace some holes in the unibody though. Not sure how much more or less room an x100 has.

Thanks for that Oki

I'm not trying to bash cxracing by any means but I assume their quality is also dependent on their suppliers so could be inconsistent.unless they build their coolers in house

And greddy claims the new budget LS cores perform better than the old budget m cores, for comparison sake oki were they of similar size/shape?

But the real point is for a comparable price I can have better looking parts that perform the same OR better and neither one of them are a direct bolt in.

Only downside is wait time.

Oki, would love to see what type of pressure or vacuum you were testing them at.

The reason, as pressure loss through an oriface (intercooler) is a square factor.

And since intercoolers have to deal with pressure, not a vacuum, flow rates, and the actual loss through one may never show up at the small flow rates generated by a vacuum.

The one chinco intercooler I ever bought (back when I was a dealer for the likes of Golden Apple, and other such shit) wasn't even a pure aluminum. More like a zinc/aluminum mix. Heavy as shit.

Only pure aluminum has good heat transfer properties, when it's alloyed with anything, heat transfer goes to shit in a quick hurry.

So there is way more in judging intercooler efficiency, than sticking it on a vacuum flow bench meant for testing US pig-iron V8 heads.

I wasn't there but talked to our guys about it in passing conversation which I found moderately interesting.

I don't have the particulars so next time I see those guys I'll ask more information.

The amount/radii of the bends you end up using has far more affect on fluid velocity than welds, not that it will make a discernible difference for you. Fwiw I got a cheapo intercooler piping kit and threw it together, works fine, uses the same number of couplers as the kit you posted.

That x100 kit is going to be designed to go on the inside of the frame rail. Reason being that chasers have an ecu box behind the headlight, where you would normally put a 3" hole and route piping. Not that its a huge deal, but just make sure you have room between the fans and the ac comp and powersteering pulley. Also if your car is super low maybe the piping would drag. Another thing i saw was that it looks like the blitz kit is designed to go to the factory toyota hose/pipe off the charge pipe. It doesnt look tall enough to reach the actual pipe thats bolted to the turbo.

Ya I was noticing that to Austin which is how I assume they got around going all the way out to the fender well on hot side like I've seen a few kits do.

As for inside the frame rails and clearing ac and power steering pump I'm not sure I understand what you mean Cold side looked to be the closest based on the diagram above and the few jzx100's I've seen on my Google search.

Did I mention blitz claims this particular kit also fits x90?

Thanks for your information Austin

I don't get what angle you want? But if I recall stock piping is very similar to that blitz route... the intercooler is in place of pipe No1 and where the FMIC is is just a flat tube?

Just engine bay pictures standing over the car

Thanks NAC for info

So if it follows stock route it goes above bumper in the front?or below? And then just takes a 90° bend under head lights?

Well, I guess I should say similar to stock route...stock route is under the rad fan...I assume this is around this position, just just more forward...so I'd guess below bumper? I have a shitty pic somewhere I'll try and upload, if its not sufficient I'll grab another shot or two later on.