FD3S-VVti

1JZGTE VVTI Standalone Options!

Traction control. I feel like jzxp dicks are shrinking.

Traction control. I feel like jzxp dicks are shrinking.

Gfd didn't get past discos post before quoting it just to realize 90% of the people I love here already did hahaha

traction control would be nice for those days that your feeling off and don't want to die.

cruise control would be nice since my car is a street car.

RKC, good idea with the 350z units - im assuming its the pre-uprev throttle? you have to weld on a new throttle flange, or are they pretty close?

I hope to have pictures this weekend. Basically we took off the whole stock throttle body, the shop machined an adapter plate and the plate is getting welded on to the intake manifold. The 350Z throttle body is a Hitachi unit I bought off rockauto, 2003 I think. Had to get a junkyard connector because I couldn't find the shell and pins anywhere.

traction control would be nice for those days that your feeling off and don't want to die.

You should go buy a new car with traction control, auto braking, auto lane following, and auto parallel parking.

Oh, wait......

Idiots still kill themselves in those cars.

Might as well just pull the jz out and put the 7m back in, it has working traction control (as in doesn't make enough power to break traction in the first place) and I'm sure the cruise control still works. Since it's your daily who cares is if its slow right?

The only thing I would use traction control for is if my wife some how stole my keys and car without telling me.

She can't drive my clutch anyway so still not that useful for me

Fwiw, pretty sure when I was trying to get one of those e-throttle controllers for my UZS161, it turned out that the early 350z had the same connectors and throttle pedal electronics. They may be the same plugs/parts.

Traction control might be fun if it can be made to actually work to your advantage. Just sucks if you want to rotate the car and you need to fumble to turn it off before you ditch the car. I've found it to be scary on the street with just my 3uz GS.

The TCS in my old G35 literally almost killed me on multiple occasions. Pushing the button doesn't turn it off. Had to switch the module buried under the console. Going around corners hard it would start stabbing brakes, which would cause the car to understeer leading the car to jump half a lane outward. And it controlled wheel spin by cutting 80 percent of throttle for 2 seconds. Car was much, much better without anything on. With a little time to set up suspension and brakes - plus some wide tires will always make up for.... Wait what am I talking about. It's 2016 and people like touching Pokemon shafts, vaping, useless irrelevant technologies and putting a 215 on an 11.

there are much better options for tuning traction control.

also, use of brakes around corners is stability control... not what im interested in setting up for obvious reasons.

On a higher powered car on mixed surfaces, you can set slip% front to rear and use a bunch of different methods to pull power.... spark retard to start, then if it keeps spinning go to fuel cut or throttle manipulation, etc... lots of tuning strategies for this stuff including how aggressive you want it to come on.

And you can wire in a potentiometer to control the amount of slip you want - which is tunable and along the lines of what i would want to do. setting 1 = most agressive traction control, setting 5= no traction control.

But if your foot's ECU is flawed, your fucked anyway.

Are poplar trees deciduous?

Knew a guy back in the '70s that ate one with his corvette.

He never told me how it tasted, since he was dead...

Here is one for you......

V

What went through the guy's mind as he hit the tree?

V

V

De-Barking-0810.gif

96090C97-EBBB-489B-B574-0E48268B6167_zps

This just happened to be on my phone. But who can tell what kind of tree this is?

God that was one lucky fat fuck. Look at the solid 16" bounce back off the fucking tree. JESUS

He fucking destroyed that shit. If it was the other direction he very likely would have ate it.

Still don't know how someone thinks it's a good idea to fuck up so hard in an area with, you know, houses surrounding it.