FD3S-VVti

1JZGTE VVTI Standalone Options!

Once again shlammed puts his foot in his mouth.

Yeah carbs make more power than efi on pro stock engines, but outside of that you cant run a bunch of systems without efi that make engines way more efficient, not always in terms of absolute power but average power for sure. Direct injection especially, being able to have crazy high cylinder pressure without detonation allows for pretty insane power per volume displacement figures.

Sort of related but this is pretty badass too.

Also nothing that anyone on this forum could possibly pull off.........

So an absolutely useless idea.

We are going to change your screen name to something like schlammedfromthe park, or swimfromthepark.

We are going to change your screen name to something like schlammedfromthe park, or swimfromthepark.

:thumbsup:

Why the fuck would someone here, I can only assume you mean retrofit direct injection onto their shit or swap something with it in? No. Thats retarded.

Let me spell it out: That was an example of efi making more power than carbs.

And I can probably find vids saying just the opposite......

I even drove an old 2-stroke bike home once, after the carb mount broke off, by just sticking the fuel line into the port.

No one cares.........

We do care about what really works on our cars, that people have done themselves.

Yeah, Fuck AEM.

I am happy I chose Link, not that anyone cares though.

OKI.

this is pretty much what one of the local tuners says. Any more info on what your using?

Chatting with the guy that will be tuning my car he suggested either LINK or Motec and to stick to one of those systems vs any others. I mentioned that i was considering AEM infinity or ProEfi112 systems and he said not to consider those.

Motec - Ha,ha,ha.

Is your tuner stuck in the '80s ?

I've got the G4+s since it does 6cyl sequential injection and individual spark along with internal data logging and all those "motor sports features" like boost control, anti lag etc.

I like LINK because of their logical programming. They use proper terms such as "injector pulse time" and "dwell" as opposed to some of the other companies that make up their own terms cough AEM cough cough. Also I can switch between modeled "volumetric efficiency" tuning and traditional at any point myself, which was a major plus for me since I do my own tuning. I have not seen a difference in power output by using VE based tuning and think AEM is using it as a gimmick like its some new revolution to tuning.

I also like how LINk has multiple ecu options and prices so you can custom Taylor which box is best for you similar to MoTec as is many of their features. If you have more questions ask away

Have you ever actually met someone who has used or is using BroEFI? The support network is garbage, the only way you can get help is pretty much if the shop which you purchased it from is a certified BroEFI member. I think the only real reason to go BroEFI over anything else is if you are trying to use the auto trans, as the controller it has is pretty solid. But then again that's just my opinion that I've gathered from other's opinions (all JZ specific sources).

The only reason I went AEM is because all my dude bros run it, also because the guy who did my harness also is a AEM dick rider, so now I am too. I was also happy with the features at the price range.

And gordo Motec still has some of the best ECUs on the market loaded with thousands of features you will never use. I did see a pretty interesting boost control setup recently with someone running motec:

Once you get past the tacky vacuum reservoirs, its a kinda interesting setup (although probably severely overkill) What I'm assuming since there are 4 individual (3-port) solenoids 2 per gate, is that they are doing basically what 4 ports do and force pressure into the upper port to hold the gate closed and the lower to force it open, but this way they can open and close it on a dime when ever they want. People say John Reed is wizard but I think this is overkill for a drift car haha

33Opr1u.jpg

"thousands of features you will never use"

I like to keep my life simple..........

Have you ever actually met someone who has used or is using BroEFI? The support network is garbage, the only way you can get help is pretty much if the shop which you purchased it from is a certified BroEFI member. I think the only real reason to go BroEFI over anything else is if you are trying to use the auto trans, as the controller it has is pretty solid. But then again that's just my opinion that I've gathered from other's opinions (all JZ specific sources

Once you get past the tacky vacuum reservoirs, its a kinda interesting setup (although probably severely overkill) What I'm assuming since there are 4 individual (3-port) solenoids 2 per gate, is that they are doing basically what 4 ports do and force pressure into the upper port to hold the gate closed and the lower to force it open, but this way they can open and close it on a dime when ever they want. People say John Reed is wizard but I think this is overkill for a drift car haha

33Opr1u.jpg

I was told, not confirmed, that Cameron's car you pictured is running Co2 for antilag control to keep the turbine spinning and cooled when off throttle. I asked Biddies if that's was true as he knows tuerck's car and cam's car pretty well and all he did was smile and say "it's a nameless performance patented design", so that doesn't really tell me anything.

Aem v2 is a tried and true product, but their sales guys keep telling us it will be phased out shortly which is why they are pushing infinity hard. The v2 boxes are getting long in the tooth and down on processing power abilities compared to some others.

As for Pro-EFI, I don't know anyone that messes with it so I can't say anything either way. Mark might know more about it, not sure.

I am one of those people right now.

Im interested in getting drive by wire setup, mostly for cruise control and traction control reasons. Also, then you don't need an idle valve and it makes fabrication/setup easier for an aftermarket intake manifold.

But, Im interested in getting the ecu now and setting dbw up later.

That's nice about the thunder, fury and extreme is they can do DBW or E throttle as you know. I havent messed with those yet (I don't do tunes for other people) but have been building base maps for Panic and I think he has some that I don't have, mostly for the 3sg and beams stuff.

Thats cool about the c02, but i was just talking about the boost solenoid setup.

shlammed Infinity can also do DBW, and traction control if thats what you fancy

yeah. I was initially leaning towards AEM. I used aem before on my built car (v1 box). the tuner I will be using told me they weren't very good product and to get the link ecu system for the same price. he didn't go into details, but he doesn't sell either of those products and recommends one over the other so I will listen to him.

ya pretty general rule is to ask the tuner you are using what he recommends. I also had a v1 box and ditched it because it couldn't do individual spark and would have needed one of those spark booster modules anyway so it was an easy choice for me.

shlammed,

Who are you going to use for your tuner? Just curious

I have an infinity box. Setting it up with DBW. We are using a 350z throttle body on the stock manifold. Probably going to use the 350Z pedal too. I have the inputs for wheel speed sensors to use for traction control, just haven't done the work to the hubs yet. Using the 350Z stuff because my tuner says it makes his life easier to get something that is very close to know calibration.