FD3S-VVti

1JZGTE VVTI Standalone Options!

Aem's Infinity is trying to push their VE based blah blah blah which as it turns out is not a new concept, but they want you to think it is. The V2 Aem stuff is getting long in the tooth and the processing is getting to be antiquated.

I would put Link's hardware up there with Motec in features and the software is REALLY easy to use and also has some great features.

The V2 Aem stuff is getting long in the tooth and the processing is getting to be antiquated.

I would put Link's hardware up there with Motec in features and the software is REALLY easy to use and also has some great features.

Yeah, zero logic and reasons!

You started with a generalization about infinity, then compared it to v2(an ecu from yester-decade). Then just said link has tons of features. That could be said for any modern ecu. I was more of looking for pros vs cons. What features you liked most? But all you gave was that you didn't like their sales pitch...

It's OK if you run link because your friends do. I bought an infinity because it seemed up there with broefi for most used in the mk4 community. And because i really liked the canbus gauge.

Again I was just looking to see if there where functional things you didn't like about it.

Well since your google doesn't work:

Link can do this:

• 3 Axis Accelerometer
  • - Lateral G (cornering)- Longitudinal G (acceleration / braking)- Vertical G

Two

• K-type Onboard Thermocouple Inputs
  • High accuracy for high temperature situations e.g. exhaust gas temperature sensing
  • Digital Wideband Onboard (competitors are all analogue)
  • E-throttle Controllers - for engines that have two electronic throttle bodies
  • Knock Control Inputs - monitor each bank on a V engine

Sixteen

• Digital Inputs
    • - Six can be differential reluctor (speed sensor) - ABS wheel speed sensors
  • Analogue Inputs
  • - Temperature- Pressure- Position

Twenty

• Auxiliary Outputs
  • - Lights, solenoids, gauges, switches, relays etc

Also

• Full motorsport features like boost control, antilag, two step, nitrous control, water meth control
  • features - Peak & Hold
  • Six hundred pages of help on "right-click"
  • Powerful logging analysis built into PCLink
  • Tabbed, user configurable layout
- CAN
- 100 channels of user variable logging
- Sequential gearbox controling Fast tuning with keyboard driven commands

On board (in ECU )Data logging

VE based Modeling along with 2d 3d and 4d mapping

Internal electronic throttle control Internal barometric pressure sensor 32 Mbit of internal logging memory Trigger scope hardware -

It just does all kinds of shit that I might want to have it do down the road without having to buy a different hardware platform

Like I said, It's up there with Motec where AEM is playground kid shit.

Thanks for googling link features for me, but I tried to google "what Okidriftjr liked most about Link ecu" and I didn't really get any results. I get that it has all those features again, but i'm just curious your must haves that lead you to choose it.

I wish I had carbs, and a magneto.......

what makes aem in comparison to what you described playground shit? im with senior whore.

~10 years ago I was on an AEM (series1) and it was extremely user friendly, it was a plug and play system and it just worked. The only thing that I noticed with that system was that it took a while to boot/sync. So long cranking times. The new infinity at least on paper is much more capable in terms of processing power so Im getting another aem system for the Cressida.

The tuner/dyno service I will be using is familiar with the aem system too so that's a big factor.

Look at all the stuff motec can do that Infinity cant, then compare that with Link. THAT is why I chose LINK. Oh and It costs less because of exchange rate, you can order hardware platforms that best suits your needs VS just 2 or 3 options.

The Infinity software is full of non-industry terminology and phrases that AEM made up. The Infinity help menu is not very helpful which makes you have to use a tuner that is familiar with their stuff. Their V2 stuff was getting long in the tooth so marketing is really trying to push and convince people that VE based tuning is some new thing they came up with and no one else is doing, which is ludicrous.

I guess I am just one of those rare DIY guys that wants to do it all myself.

Have not met a tuner that didnt tune, or wasnt familiar with aem around here. Does what i need it to do, and its easy for me to navigate. Bought my infinity from billywhos friend for 850 bucks.

anyone else that posts nsfw pictures in tech threads will be deleted instantly.

Autronic SM4,

the fact autronic dont spend any money on marketing/websites or even customer service yet known around the world as one of the best is saying something about the product itself.

and with knockboard and self tune feature cant go wrong.

Never heard of it.........

Guess 'around the world' doesn't include the Republic of Texas.

^ haha, I was wishing my friends mower had efi the other day. Fuck that black magic Venturi theory bullshit fuel metering device. I'd rather believe Helen Keller was never raped than use a carb

There are times I'd rather have a carb than sort out efi issues. Way more power to be had with efi but stupid simplicity would be nice for a change.

Tell all the Pro Stock guys that, They lost 100 hp going to EFI.

Why fuck with using a lap top to change a number on a screen,

when all you have to do to a carb is take it off, drain the gas, take a half dozen screws out, change jets, put it all back together, and make another run ?

Hate to think what an ordeal it will be to change jets in the bike carbs going on my truck.

EFI doesn't make more or less power if both manifolds are the same.

EFI does however make your car efficient and increases drive ability... especially so if you have electronically controlled ignition that is properly set up.