Guarantities

You ever get home from the strip club and think "hmmm I should make a build thread"

After lurking on this forum for couple years. I decided to make a build thread of this recent huge waste of money.

It all started with this wagon that I brought in from Norcal. Second owner, shit ton of miles, cold ac, great interior and ZERO rust.

IMG_0041_zpsotgedpyq.jpg

Shouldve just left it like that. Drove it around for about a month. Then one day(april fools day 2014), my girlfriend drove it to work and BAM, she gets hit by some dumbass with no insurance, no reg, no safety. He was also driving on the wrong side of the road. My girlfriend was fine but the car...

IMG_0217_zps0sp3xldf.jpg

I had basic coverage and he had ZERO insurance, so I ended up with nothing from him...Whatever. As long as my girl was alright.

Was incredibly depressed about this and just left the car to rot and sit. Ended up buying another wagon to help me get over the loss of my first one. Dropped it and put wheels. It got boring fast. I also wanted to be cute and shit, so I bought my girl an X8 and made it into a good daily.

IMG_3753_zps7tqmennv.jpg

IMG_4865_zpse7qyrcdl.jpg

Sold that wagon. Then my dad wanted me to fix the white wagon. So I hunted around and ended up picking up a parts car. Which was a fricken miracle down here in hawaii. The owner was into cressidas, he knew I needed it and charged me $800 for it. It didnt run and reg was back a while.

IMG_5185_zpsxudtuial.jpg

Had a guy down the road do my body work. He charged me only $400 to cut the two panels and weld on the other one. Awesome job and awesome guy.

IMG_5267_zpsfplq7dvt.jpg

IMG_5514_zpsxzdzsfau.jpg

I was so happy about this. Drove it like that for two months. Then decided to enter a car show for some dumbass reason. I think It was completely stock three months prior to the show. I wanted a JZ or a UZ to put into the car. Was shopping around for a motor and this car popped up. Was in oakland. Had a UZ, 5 speed, coilovers, "bride seat", a nardi. Blah blah blah. But the body wasnt too nice and the interior was poop. Got it for $4200ish shipped. Im sure some of you have seen the car before.

IMG_6054_zps8heiypdc.jpg

IMG_6137_zpsdxo9rhur.jpg

Kind of went sidewards into a pole. So with the help of some friends, we got everything pulled out.

IMG_6427_zpsszb5r0hw.jpg

I own an x7 starter pack haha

IMG_6205_zpsucwcjxut.jpg

Pulled out the 5m

IMG_6895_zpsry5rxwkn.jpg

painted the bay an off white

IMG_6722_zpscrceensg.jpg

Got the motor in there

IMG_6996_zpsoag10frr.jpg

It didnt run for couple weeks, had wiring issues. But one of my friends figured it out. (I forgot to pull a part of the harness off of the sedan). Plus I was working about 15 hours a day. So the car took a back seat.

Here she is at the paint shop, my friend and I working on it til 3 AM

IMG_7210_zpsaotqpt4l.jpg

Right after she got sprayed

IMG_7270_zpsj840btk0.jpg

picked up some suspension things last minute

IMG_6817_zps080veshw.jpg

Built these vsxx with my girlfriend. Got them powdecoated chrome by my friend

IMG_6717_zpsf1smtjuo.jpg

fresh out of paint. Ordered these clear tails from japan, and they sent me two rights... wtf

IMG_7704_zps12d2zasq.jpg

here it is at the show.

IMG_7507_zpsahfeea56.jpg

the day after. yes, I know the valance thing is on wrong. I was rushing to put it on. Looks like shit

IMG_7335_zps1gl0ovv0.jpg

SO

The day after the show, I was driving the car and was aggresively getting on the freeway, and it popped out of fourth gear. Put the car back into fourth and it didnt want to go anywhere. Same story with all the other gears. Ive been incredibly busy and lazy to fix the car. So the car just sits in the parking stall. I sold the wheels. I think 17s looked shitty on this car. I know I couldve pulled it off better, but I like 15s so much more. Couldnt have put this car together if it wasnt for my great group of friends.

Forgot to add that I do have future plans for the car. I plan on fixing that small Trans issue. Get it running really good. Fix the AC and drive it everyday. Wanted to put a JZ in. But I think the uz will be enough for my needs. Not too sure yet.

If Japan attacks Hawaii again, it will be because you gave up on an X-chassis, due to being a quitter.

I gather, the only reason the car got as far as it did, is because your friends built it.

Are you sure you didn't mean to put this lame ass story in the 4-sale section ?

Unlike most of this country Hawaii is full of people who are willing to help out even when they have nothing to gain from it.

At least he was smart and didn't go around shit posting between his intro and this thread.

Pretty sure if he wanted to give up he would have years ago ;)

It's too late to just give up! Haha I'm so deep into this car. Would be pointless.

I just realized that I didn't add any future plans to the build thread. But I'm not done with the car. I plan on fixing it and getting it to the point where I can drive it every day so it won't feel like I wasted all this money. Not going to lie though. My friends played a huge part in building it. We all lost sleep, blood and time but that's what friends are for. This was the first time I've done a "build" this intense. So it wouldn't be anywhere near this point if it wasn't for them. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would've quit after getting t boned. I think it was even worse then that guy that nailed the deer. Haha.

He is right about Hawaii. We all just love cars. So we are down to help whenever we can. But yeah. At least I didn't trash the wagon and buy a 240. Haha

You make me feel better for not just getting a new chassis, cant believe you fixed that wreck. Fucking love wagons, glad someone around here is making a cool one.

I like this guy.Keep on givin her man!! Any ones who owns a set of Vsxx is good shit in my books.Not mention the fact it looks like op has wasted a couple of years and countless amounts of cash on the x chassis game.Excited to see if he actually fixes his wagon.

Ricky. If I couldve found another chassis. I wouldve haha. But the body man did a good job. The parts wagon was really rough so I just felt better building this one. Had 220xxx miles but it ran like a champ.

Tbone thanks man. I no longer own the xx's so idk if im still cool. But yes, countless years and money wasted. But its all worth it in the end...I think.

I was going to tell you to put the ssr mesh on that fucking wagon asap.

I saw that sedan you bought a couple times. Funny that its life ended in hawaii.

^^ I would if the 16s where more common. I almost picked up a set in 17s but those dudes in canada swooped um up before me

I'd love 16 stepped into 17 03s. But that would be stealing Jordan's idea haha. VR is selling some dope 17 stepped ssr meshes right now. Idk if I want to pull the trigger.

Everyone knew the sedan. Even down here in Hawaii. I was planning on ripping the parts off of it from the start. Didn't really want to crash it.

Yahoo jp and jesses Streeter is the way to go I just got a killer deal on wheels lol

Gibbs. I agree! I've gave streeter a ALOT of money ahha. I have good friends that bought from him too. Nothing but positive words to say about that guy. What wheels did you pick up?

Streeter told me he's too busy to take on any more work....

I contacted him about parts last week. He was more than happy to sell me parts. He said he's slowing down on bumpers and big items because he's running out of room. I bet he's incredibly busy though. I always tell people that he's too busy though. Haha. So I can be the cool guy with the Jdm dealzzzzz

streeter hooked it up for me when usps broke my parts on 3 separate occasions and denied my claims. he didnt have to, i told him id handle it but the guy made it right anyway. he's got my business.

hes great for wheels too, brought a set over to have rebarreled and i couldnt be happier w the outcome.

yeah he is a bit busy i guess but he got back to me within about every 2 hours i contacted him

He got back to me, just told me he didn't need any more business.