Nigel_Vertigo

The Junkyard Supercar

l6ttc8J.jpg

Hi, I'm Troy McClure!

You may remember me from such threads as "Another faggot from Washington" and "I love you guys"!

So, the car is a 1992. The initial idea was to make 500hp on a budget, using as many junkyard/used parts I could get, as cheap as I could get. I've been lurking forums for the past year and a half, picking off everything that's posted for pennies.

Used engine parts:

94 GS 2JZGE

91 MA70 R154

7-blade Holset HX35W

7M 440s

Aristo ECU, coilpacks, igniter, & MAP sensor

Emanage Blue

NOS wet kit

XM mounts

Q45 throttle body

New parts:

Shitty ebay turbo manifold

Shitty ebay S13 exhaust

OS Giken TS2BD

I think all I need are a wastegate, intake manifold, intercooler, downpipe, wideband, and a boost controller. I've been going back-and-forth on ditching the Holset for an S363, though. Haven't made up my mind, yet.

I've been slowly building the chassis while amassing the 2J parts.

Parts on the car:

R154

welded diff

S14 springs (gay)

XM subframe and diff bushings

26mm Z32 brakes

17x8 Mustang wheels (and one S14 lol)

S13 catback (hacked up a lot)

X81 Mark II tails

Some Pics (more in my intro):

uqsbhGB.jpg

5pONlnr.jpg

VB9inyQ.jpg

This has been sitting under my bed since February, taunting me...

0co8ovH.jpg

R154/welded diff swap at the end of July

urIaWsf.jpg

EkxoNjD.jpg

z6MGLSC.jpg

vL2QyGv.jpg

Instagram vid of a short drive the night I finished the swap

...Then 5 days after that, this fucker jumped out in front of me on the highway.

qQw68dC.jpg

wnwlEfO.jpg

17Y4PkD.jpg

Soooo, I bought a new shell a couple days after that happened. The guy was literally 1 day away from having someone come chop it up for scrap. I kind of like it. It's more fitting to my junkyard theme. And everything it's missing is stuff that's good on my white one, minus the left fender.

It used to have a 7MGTE/W58/coils. It's the Cressida from this guy's channel. I think some of you guys might've known him.

95EW75n.jpg

Xkh3Bnw.jpg

Insurance shipped the old one back a month ago,

BeN7fIO.jpg

and I started the rebuild.

XuRJ0kz.jpg

That's it for now. I have the interior and right side panels swapped over. A guy is picking up the 7M in a few weeks. I'm gonna finish up the 2J since it's so close. I just got a new job, so I hope to get it running by the end of the year.

Fuckin crazy deer wreck.

I've used both an hx35 and an s363 on my car which has a 2jzge bottom end. The hx spools very fast. Full spool just over 3K rpm. Very responsive. The borg spools right at 4k, comes on violently. Makes a noticeable amount more power than the hx.

your front facing manifold idea is going to fail, and you'll never make 500 RELIABLY with those shit parts...

Says the retard who built a 2J, blew it up, has been through countless turbos, has a standalone, and still can't break 400hp. How many thousands have you wasted so far? 440s and HX35 will do 400 and I'll close the gap with nitrous, but like I said, I'm probably getting an S363 and then bigger injectors.

Here's one, dipshit:

Cm0R0bS.jpg

¿y u so stoopid, stoopid?

Did you at least take that fucker's head? Or some steaks or something? That's a clean kill.

Naw. If I had a saw, I would've cut off the antlers to strap to the front of my new one. About 20 people stopped and half were rednecks wanting the deer.

^ this. I need the rh side tail. I have two 83 tails...

love the date on your ffim pic. must have been og as shit to build your own and have it sitting aroumd for 3 years (or adjust the setting on the camera for the correct date).

I'm gonna cut out some of the quarter panel from the white one and attach it to the tails to fill the gap - so I can still go back to normal tails if I want to. It'll probably still look like shit. Pic was one I found on a forum. Just showing Demesio that he's a dumbass.

Just get some spray foam to fill in the gap.......

Welp, where to begin. Progress has been slow, as I spent the last year in drunken misery. My pupper had one health issue after another, eventually leading to cancer and us having to put him to sleep in June. Worst year of my life. I sold the HX35, NOS, emanage, and other little things to pay for my vices, but I changed my mind on using them anyway. Made a profit on everything too. Anyways, I got most of the car rebuilt. It was a massive, worthless shitheap to start with that no one should have put time into, but it was the only shell available at the time.

I'm on my phone, so pictures will come in a bit, but I reassembled the body, threw the 2J in last summer, and just finished up reworking the harness minus rewrapping and getting a couple donor plugs I need. Oh and every single X8 I've seen in junkyards has had a majorly dented front left fender so I just hammered my deer-raped one back into shape. To recap, it's just a basic NA-T setup with an Aristo ECU, GTE coilpacks, and 7M 440s. Nothing special for now, other than good brakes and a cool clutch, but it's a start I guess.

I can't find the original engine bay pic on my phone, but here's one capped from my instafag.

7fdqW2e.jpg

Be sure to Like, Subscribe, and Share with all your friends!!

Sorry to hear about your furry friend. My boy left this world a couple weeks ago and its been very hard. He was always down when I was down so stay up.

Also, glad you sold all that junk cause it's junk.

Yeah, thanks. I remember seeing your post when it happened and it brought back all the feelings of that night at the vet hospital. We were really close and I have never been so gutted in my life.

Still haven't made up my mind on a engine management yet. I could hit my goals with just an SAFC, but I'm tempted to save for a Link ECU or something better. I wish standalones were cheaper. Turbo is most likely going to be an S363.

Yeah man.. it's tough for sure. Feel like I had him my whole life

Id def just go with safc, get it running is my philosophy sorta.. aem stuff is all we use. Also I love Borgs