Sign in to follow this  
Cyrious

is my safc a dud?

I wired my safc in and all sensors check out except throttle. I wired the grey wire to vta1 and im getting 3.7v on the sensor check and throttle reads 100% all the time regardless of what position the throttle is in. Im assuming if vta1 going to the ecm was actually not responsive to tps the engine would run like shit, the safc must be bad?

Never seen one fail that way.

Usually, they lose the vidio driver, and either go dark, or all of the screen lights up.

I hope you are not using the feed that goes to the throttle sensor, that would be a constant voltage.

(sorry, I have not, and will never screw with anything JZ related)

Which ever wire coming out of your TPS that shows variable voltage as the throttle is open & closed, is the one that the S-AFC needs to tie into.

He's got it right, vta1. Find the specs for the tps and check that. You'd be surprised how well a 1jz will run missin half it's shit

Dude Gibbs drove his car for like 5 years and thought it was good enough and the tps didn't even have e2 running to it

Unfortunately, the S-AFC determins high or low throttle maps (and the ramp in between) by reading throttle position.

So without a good tps signal, you might as well have the old S-AFC that you could only tune at 5 different RPM ranges.

They worked OK for what they were.

I even set one up once with a throttle position switch, triggering a relay so that at partial throttle, the car run stock ecu map, but at about half throttle it switched to the S-AFC map.

my throttle straight up wasn't working and still ran like a dream

Sign in to follow this