ropadopa

Its like this and like that and like this and ah

Plz show completed under hood pics. The cleanliness of picture 1 gives me serious bonners until I notice that nothing is hooked up.

Is the VVTI turned on? What is the end goals?

How do you turn it off? The Dyno numbers a lil screwed up, did 10 or so pulls while tuning and came up with allot of different numbers. That was the last pull and was looking to keep the torque under 400 to keep the w58 alive. Going to add a lil fuel in the 5000rpm range after looking over the data it will probably bring the torque up a bit.

other pulls worth mentioning were

350 hp 350 torque @ erattic boost

419 hp 379 torque @16psi

Pulls strong to 7400 RPM

car was na auto, bought to flip, fell in love with the hardtop,decided to keep it.

Goals are daily driver/Hyper street/drift/Gt car.

Gt 350 with w58 Goal 1

Gt 500 with v160 Goal 2

going to star working on the chassis till a v160 comes my way which may take a while.

Im glad you picked that turbo for your 500 goal, cause thst power curve blows for 400 peak.

Im glad you picked that turbo for your 500 goal, cause thst power curve blows for 400 peak.

Its not to shabby with its current 4.30 diff ratio

Yeah but on that engine you could be over 300ft lbs at 3300rpm with a smaller turbo that would still do 400hp. Basically adding another 1000rpm of midrange power. I might be an idiot though. We'll see what my gt30 does.

:thumbsup:

i still want to see this thing in person one day. met up with a bunch of BMS folks at orlando C&C the other day and talked about doing another tail of the dragon trip in fall 2016. still a long ways off, but i'll keep you posted, cause it would be awesome to see this thing make the trip.

:thumbsup:

i still want to see this thing in person one day. met up with a bunch of BMS folks at orlando C&C the other day and talked about doing another tail of the dragon trip in fall 2016. still a long ways off, but i'll keep you posted, cause it would be awesome to see this thing make the trip.

cool definitely keep me in the loop

Yeah but on that engine you could be over 300ft lbs at 3300rpm with a smaller turbo that would still do 400hp. Basically adding another 1000rpm of midrange power. I might be an idiot though. We'll see what my gt30 does.

I feel you, last build that was some what similar was gtx35 on 2Jz vvti and spool was in the 3000 range made 500 @ 18psi in a cressida and it was nice but felt soft. The BW turbos seem to be a bit laggy but when their on they are on.

I ran an s360 on my 1.5jz, full spool at 3400, and fucking ripped. At 500 your curve will look rad.

The BW turbos seem to be a bit laggy but when their on they are on.

Maybe due to the low CR/low displacement? This hasn't been my experience at all. What's the AR on that thing. Looks pretty big for the power goals.

Also, shaved engine bays are fucking dumb :P

.88?^ Pretty big for 400, even 500 isn't really flowing it much. Probably seeing erratic boost cause you cant dump off enough exhaust that low down.

Boost is in control it was not at first as my innovate wide band boost controller jobber was hitting its safety cuts do to lean spots and over boost. Its an 88 . Also keep in mind its really a 60mm turbo.exhaust is 3.5 to 4 inch so not much restriction there.

been fucking with the gain on the boost controller and getting earlier spool only to find it wanting more fuel, Dang electronics getting the best of me, i miss my flip phone

So you're tuning cautiously to preserve trans? That's disappointing numbers for the 360 and the 2.5. I figured it'd be better than that for sure. Stock fuel/ecu and he341 I made 342whp@5411rpm when it hit fuel cut at 17psi. Full boost by 3300rpm.

So you're tuning cautiously to preserve trans? That's disappointing numbers for the 360 and the 2.5. I figured it'd be better than that for sure. Stock fuel/ecu and he341 I made 342whp@5411rpm when it hit fuel cut at 17psi. Full boost by 3300rpm.

How does that compare to 400hp at 14psi?

Still had another 2000rpm to go, but that was also completely untuned. I wanted to see what a vvti 1j would do with just slapping a bigger turbo on. And that's what it did. It made 400 at 18 tuned for fuel only but the curve was twice as fun as what you posted. Just saying. Something seems weird or that turbo isn't what I'm after. But also, my 363 did about the same thing as what you got going on on a non vvti 1j. Shit just isn't adding up in my head. Which is why I asked if the tuner was pussy footing just for the sake of your trans, which would make any numbers complete useless garbage from a statistical stand point

I feel you, the way i look at is there is always room for improvement. I have pretty good team that got me this far.

Been taking baby steps. Went from running with the AFM and stock injectors and Map ECU in learn mode. Then 750cc injectors and no MAF and street tunning running on wastegate pressure. Then added an EBC that created some earlier spool then street tuned some more, then got to dyno learned some more added fuel in the transition and improved a bunch. Now i realize that i could use more gain on the EBC which moves my transition lower and needs more fuel. I guess if it was easy everyone would be doing it lol. Im sure over the next few weeks more improvements will be made. Thanks for your guys input.

I dig your catch system! It's clean

The only thing stopping me from running one is 90% of them add a shit load of clutter to the bay.