Okidriftjr

What the fuck interior lights

I really feel like an idiot asking this question, but once upon a time at auto parts stores, they would have a book of light specs on which bulbs you needed for x, y ,z.

I have some dead cluster display bulbs and cant fucking find the type to replace them. God damned internet says some are t3, ebay links show some stupid LED shit is t12.

All I know is they are blade style and auto parts stores don't have a god damned clue.

I need the bulbs for the speedo sweep and tach sweep not the other idiot lights....

Red ??

Arg !!!

Shows that you are slightly insane..........

if you enjoy the rad early 2000's i just bought my first civic look at the expense of unnecessary eye strain, red is fine.

Technically speaking it's a lower energy light and the rods in your eyes (responsible for low light vision) are less sensitive to it, making it better for lighting when night vision is a concern, why the military uses it for cabin illumination at night.

I just like black interiors with red lights though, probably from being a subaru tool and wishing I had the cool red sti cluster. Funny how some of your early car obsessions stick with you.

Rick, can you post a picture of your cluster at night? Ive been thinking about doing the LED's but wouldn't mind seeing what they look like first.

Would if I had a picture, but I'm in another state until thanksgiving. With those bulbs I posted it comes out real nice though, good even distribution and whatnot. Not too bright.

Ricky, I know what you mean. I have always been drawn to blue cluster lights after driving a GTI and a Volvo S60R.

" (Red) making it better for lighting when night vision is a concern, why the military uses it for cabin illumination"

Only if you are expecting to jump out into total darkness, and then start shooting at people.........

Aircraft are typicly green.

I've driven cars with red dash lights, and hated it. Made me want to vomit, just like red-ish interiors.

Only if your going into combat.........

Like your in a sub, going to be dumped on the beach of some hostile country.

I have mine all green LEDs.

Install pointless switches to flip while reciting pre flight checks like your old toyota is a fighter jet.

Was going to do green led's but my old ricey desires got me. Also put a strip of electrical tape over the stock auto gear indicator stack while I was in there on marks recommendation, blacked it out nicely.

Install pointless switches to flip while reciting pre flight checks like your old toyota is a fighter jet.

Coolant - Check

Oil - Check

Spare head gaskets - Check

And yes it is, I do one thing with this car, I hunt mustangs.

(and camaros, and chalengers, and 240s, and anything else that stupid enough to take me on)

No need, coolant leaves the tail pipe all on it's own........

Gordon that seems awfully familiar.. The best are the looks on the assholes driving new base corvettes that can't quite keep up to that 'shitty old noisy right hand drive'

Most newer cars have amber interior lights for rad strainless night vision. Mine does. Trying to make my greddy gauges illuminate amber also

Got my LEDs in the mail today.

I guess I'll see how they look.

Oh and I just got white. I'm not trying to do that rice mod crap

Red looks sooo good. Will match my burgundy interior and gauges. Do you need the base wedge sockets or do the old bulbs pop out. Its been so long since ive had my cluster out.