RickyFromThePark

My pathological predisposition for wasting money

So this is my almost complete shifter setup. Welded some blind nuts to the band on the tunnel and drilled the ears I left on the shifter to barely slip over them. Bolted down it's super sturdy. Hopefully driveline movement doesnt cause any issues, but this made things 100x easier and let me retain reverse lockout etc so I'll try this out.

IMG_2079_zpsazaezgjr.jpg

Also did all my ic piping and mounted my core today. Built an exhaust too but didn't take a picture. Pretty much runs dead straight and has good clearance, full 3" with mandrel bends, should flow goood.

IMG_2078_zpso4ubcvvc.jpg

You need more support on the rear of the shifter casting.

As is, I see those 2 mount bolts snapping in short order.

Otherwise, not bad :thumbsup:

Same, imgoing to be machining my spare tripod and mounting it to a piece of flat 1/4" alu that i will bolt up to the trans tunnel.

intercooler is perfect for stock turbo

Intercooler will probably support up to 500hp honestly.

Car will be stock turbo for now, didn't need or want a big core in the way of my radiator. Also, everything is in and almost ready to start. Fingers crossed.

Figured no one is ever satisfied with a stock turbo for long. Having to purchase another larger down the line [hopefully not soon] was just the question. Seems like you plan to stay stock for a while.

Okay someone help me out here I have power to my efi fuse and one pin of the efi relay but cant get efi power to anything. ecu wont turn on neither will fuel pump ( already grounded the connector side of the green wire on B3)

Edit: no igsw power on t5 either

check your b3 plug in the engine bay mine fucks up cause the clips are a bit bent "i fixed it now though"

Nah it was bad connection at the igsw fuse. With these 25 year old cars I find myself constantly closing the contacts on fuses so I can actually get a decent connection.

Will you stop asking for help in your own build thread.

Enough already !

Raped an x8^ terrible transmission choice for a street driven x8. Had to leave it for a few months to go back to the real world and do some school. I have yet to figure out why the ecu isn't turning on all the way, but the time will come. Aside from that it runs (barely) and drives (limps) so I have at least got that much. I actually built a decent exhaust with flux core and an angle grinder. Dead straight, inside frame rails, with a diesel bro sewer pipe at the end. Center console fits *around* the tunnel, however anything between the sides was cut out from the rear of that little handbrake tray up to the dash. Probably no way to really make that look nice again. I did fit most of the fresh black interior pieces that I've been amassing so trans tunnel aside things are looking good inside. There is also a mad amount of transmission whine from the solid mounter shifter, which will be revised. Moral is dont swap a Cd009 into an x8, I did it so you don't have to.

IMG_2088_zpsz08f6zgd.jpg

IMG_2082_zps50ced0re.jpg

IMG_2100_zpsutiwco93.jpg

It's all about planning and execution. You didn't do one or two of those up to your own standards. And now your unhappy. Weird.

I could have ended up with a perfectly braked and bead rolled trans tunnel and still would have hated it, it's too trapped out for a street car. I just wasn't prepared for the reality of what needs to be done for this swap. Whatever I still spent less than I would have had to to get an r154.

Trapped out meaning?

It's a 20 plus year old car you guys are going to have to re invent the wheel contunually if you want to daily a modified car. It's going to get to the point where you CANT find an R box for any sort of earthly price. Things like this are a necessary evil, whether you hate it or not - when you get it running it's going to be a blast to drive.

And people will ask if it's a Camry..........

After a while, you will just give up, and say 'yes'.