Sign in to follow this  
NAC

Wax on, wax off?

Yo, does vinyl adhesive sick to a clean, waxed car? Or should I remove the wax? Figured some of you may have more experience in this regard...

if anything, the wax would protect from any residual adhesive. but it's so low tack, you shouldn't have an issue.

if it were a vinyl clear bra, you'd want to strip the wax for proper adhesion and longevity. but we are talking about sweet graphics, right? wax on.

Wax is considered an oil/contaminate as far as graphics and vinyl go. It may stick, but not as well as a clean surface.

If you're that worried just buy a half decent wax and grease remover slash silicone remover,and use as directed.

rodp-1302-06-oppg-envirobase-waterborne-

Be careful though because some wax and grease removers are pretty harsh and can dull some paint jobs.

Rule of thumb* always do a small test spot first.

For vinyl it's recommended to just use isopropyl alcohol. I imagine it's probably cheaper and easier to find than that PPG stuff, and I'd be worried about chemicals not playing well with vinyl and its adhesives.

Not to mention residual solvents in any stick-on type product (stickers, lables, vinyl skins, etc.) will fuck a paint job up.

Sign in to follow this