Macintosh Classic

Early ucf20 vs 98+ curbweights (Where's the fat at?)

95 - 3650lbs

96 - 3650lbs

97 - 3726lbs

98 - 3890lbs

Are these weights including all optional features? Is the 5 speed auto notably heavier than the 4 spd? Or is it the more sophisticated ABS with the accompanying asston of computers/wiring? Or all of those? I know there's plenty of weight in electronics and seats from the few build threads I've seen here.

I hoping FOR I can pull the weight down to 3650lbs without sacrificing the good creature comforts. ABS, 6 disc CD, and touch screen-cd rom based GPS are NOT amount them.

Any stabs at it?

Good lord.

STOP.

DO NOT PASS GO.

DO NOT TRY TO GET PERFORMANCE OUT OF YOUR LUXURY DAILY DRIVER BY PULLING THINGS OUT OF IT.

Pulling stuff out that doesn't change creature comforts will kill the NVH. Unless you plan to go full retard with this, STOP RIGHT NOW.

Creature comforts being power windows, functional dash, a/c, heat, backseats, sound deadening, cup holder, horn, etc.

I wasn't going to gut the Fuck out of it. But if I can get it back 3650lbs that'd be awesome cuz I've driven a 95 and I was happy with it for the most part. I've heard from people and seen the stats showing the vvti and 5 spd auto are much faster. It just doesn't handle as good as the early ones.