tougekid1

OS Giken GT Twin..

Has anyone used a OS Giken Grand Touring twin disk yet?

I finally got a R154 so now I'm looking at clutches. I have only ever had sprung 6 pucks' and light flywheels in my cars before so I'm not familiar with the drivability of these.

Basically I will have a 450ish tq car used for daily and some drifting. Like 6 events a year and some fucking around on the street. Not a child driver. I know how to shift without destroying a transmission.

Am I over doing it with a twin? Is the dailying going to be a (relative) problem? How's the longevity of twin disk clutches? Do they wear out quicker?

I did some searching but all the reviews I have read are from ppl trying to sell them soo..

The only ppl I know that have twins either don't daily their car or do Drag/Hi-way stuff so not relevant to my situation.

I had an old ORC and an old OS twin disc on the same r154 1j car. I got both used and sold each for way more than I paid. Streetability was better than any single I've had, less the OS super single which drives like stock. As far as wear, I never burned either out, and the ORC is still in use on my friends 400+ whp 2j Jzs147, with the same 50% worn discs as when I got it.

The new OS touring line is supposed to be a quieter, better driving clutch than its predecessors. I'll be looking at one when my current NISMO single in my GTR bakes.

Nothing to add for the twin disc, but im extremely happy with clutchmasters. They make a twin, but i have an 8 puck that holds over 500wheel and drives like stock.

I had an osg triple in my x81 chaser years ago with the r154.

Best damned clutch I ever felt. It was rattely sucker but made me smile. Not sure about the twins, never drove one.

^ I kind of find the rattle to be reassuring. I honestly can't remember the last time I drifted a regular clutch.

Grand Touring is a great clutch. Factory like pedal feel and smooth engagement. It'll hold up to around 650whp. Longevity is great, and the rebuilds are very reasonable. On a GT2CD at mid 4's at the wheel, that clutch should last you approx. 4-10 seasons of driving, depending on how much you're slipping it.

If you're drifting and abusing it, make sure you get the hard cover.

Additionally. I am the Canadian Distributor for OS Giken, so if you're looking to purchase one, I'd be more than happy to give you a fat JZXP discount and drop ship it to you out of the USA warehouse.