tougekid1

1jz vvti Mannifold??

What is everyone using for the 1jz vvti turbo top mount manifolds?

All the ones I have seen are either cheap ass tubing ,quicksilver, E-bay, china bull shit or are $1500-$2000.

I don't have a problem spending money on a nice schedule 40 wall 308 manifold. But any that I have seen that are worth the money are not for VVTI. This has been driving me up a wall lately.

I like the DOC 1j twin scroll that actually has a divided collector and not just a TS flange. But again.. its not for the VVTI.

So my question is what's the consensus on manifolds around here?

Yea I sent Future Fab an email a while back asking if they would make a T3 TS instead of the T4 for the VVTI. They replied they would at no extra charge. They seam to be nice manifolds and about $800 cheaper then DOC.

Looks like I might go this route.

Thank you for reminding me of FF.

The welding is easy enough to pick up on. It's hard as fuck building the shit. Takes good tools and a lot of work and skill to get that shit ready to weld.

There's no way I'd start with a manifold. I've messed around with a friends Miller on some aluminum, and I love how much more control you have whit a pedal. I can get better and more consistent welds with a tig than any other, but thats not saying much.

Just a thought........

Anyone already doing laser cut vvti flanges ?

We have a 3000 watt laser at work, that is idle right now (slow time of the year).

All I would need is a vvti exhaust gasket, or a print, or the G-code, and an idea what you want for material & thickness, to get a quote.

But be warned, unless you guys can can come up with quantity, like 10-20, it won't happen (won't be cheap enough for the broke-ass-cressida club members).

We also have a full CNC dept, sheetmetal, and powder-coating capabilities.

I know a dude who makes sick manifolds in WA for decent price but most of us aren't willing to pay more than a couple hundo for a manifold haha

I would have to hand them a vvti gasket, and have them quote it........

Would also need to know how thick, and type of material.

Stainless 303, 316, carbon 10xx ?

Seems like the standard out of Japan by people like HKS & GReddy is 10mm, so 7/16" to 1/2", and carbon steel, not stainless.

But I am thinking in the $30-$40 each range.

I just gave them an order for 500 small pieces to run on our little Wasino cnc lathe, so that I don't have to spend my free time making them on my 60+ year old manual machine.

Fuck, if the 7M wasn't such a dead horse, I would be having them cut flanges & crank scrapers in a heart beat.

I may have them do a bunch of rear subframe plates.

Gordon I still have the one you sold me years ago that I can let you hold onto. Might drive to seguin tonight...

I can carry it in, and have them quote it.

Then send it back up to you.

But the thickest stainless a 3000 watt laser can cut is 3/8", but can cut up to 3/4" carbon steel.

Someone needs to speak up on what material is acceptable.

Stainless will cost a lot more than carbon steel.

This one is a nickel plated mild I guess. Definitely not stainless

Non vvti guy here.

Fuk i want this .....

1JZ-T3-Twinscroll-1_1024x1024_zpsp8zzw7z

$1800 usd That's just fucking crazy talk.

1jizzle, go the fuck back, and finish your fucking intro.

We don't care about your butt buddy manifolds.

Kyle does better work than that shit.