Sign in to follow this  
Jiro

1UZ Truck

I thought I'd share my latest project with you guys. I've been wanting build a truck for a while and decided on a '89-'95 Toyota with a Lexus V8. I wanted mid sized, 4wd 5 speed and plenty of power to tow cars/boats and hall ass up our many mountain passes.

942442_10100173889765714_302984765_n.jpg

P1040681.jpg

I also wanted to do this swap with IFS and no body lift. I'm using the KS Racing bellhousing for the R series transmission, modified 3VZ flywheel and some engine mounts made by Rob @ Flipside Customs. He made a few other custom parts for the truck including the lower oil pan, modified Tundra exhaust manifolds, exhaust, lower steering column, modified radiator and egr block off plates. We might be building another truck within the next year and have parts available for other people do this conversion.

P1060045.jpg

I've driven it about 2k miles so far and am very happy with it. It makes a great replacement for the 3.slow in these trucks and 4runners. Next will be a LSD as I can spin a tire in 3rd gear in the wet no problem. Also a 2-3" lift, 33" tires, class 3 hitch and see how it tows Rob's Cressida.

It's a shame more people don't build these, they are cheap trucks with lots of engine swaps and suspension combinations.

Helping my friend with a 93 2rz swap, welded the return line bung on the pan yesterday. Tell him every time I see him he shoulda did the uz. Same color as your truck. Sending him pictures now haha

NICE! I would love a 1uz powered 4x4.

I almost bought a 5 speed 93 4runner to do the same swap but the wife wouldn't let me bring anymore cars home at the time. I'll do one next year. The vvti 1uz motors are starting to show up at my local junkyards now. I now have a 4.0 vvti and a 4.3 vvti sitting on my garage floor waiting for a chassis.

I would like to pick up a vvti just in case I came across something to put one in. My dad has a Suzuki Samurai that I thought might be cool to do a uz swap with Toyota axles.

1UZ all the things! Sweet build! I've been contemplating doing an old 4 runner for a while now.

Man, this thing is sweet. I was bent on finding a 4runner for a 1j swap, but after seeing this, my mind has been changed.

Solid work man, looks tight.

There was a Toyota Trekker on the Kansas City CL a couple months ago that would have been awesome to throw a 1UZ in. That would be my dream rig.

My truck came with the shitty 3.slow 3vze. It's best to start with the V6 since most of them are for sale with either leaky head gaskets or tossing rods out the block. Plus R series trans, 4 piston front calipers and P/S hoses bolt right up.