Billyhoo

Pearly whites and black metal

they are pretty cheap i was looking at them always curious on different swaps cause $1500 r154 is not where its at

Prolly end up costing about the same with custom shifter, trans mount, and driveshaft. But you get a nicer, newer trans that you can replace and doesn't shift like shit.

idk maybe ill rebuild mine when it bust who knows

Why not get a CD0009? Readily available for not much money. Bellhousings are fairly easy to find as well. A little custom work to be done but nothing out of th ordinary otherwise.

About the same price as an AR5 and don't need that adaptor crap. Also, fuckin look at em... R154 is tight enough.

Oh also GM spline so cool clutches are easy

Why would you need a bellhousing for a cd009?

Cd009 swap is way more of a pain than it seems from behind the screen. Trust me, it costs a fucking lot.

5 speeds irritate me though. I always go for 6th on the freeway and then remember I'm out of gears.

Holy fuck, threads are getting garbaged up around here.

Starting to look like StupidMania.

The 2 newbs need to do some searching, this shit has been talked about in depth already.

This is a build thread, not a discussion thread.

Billyhoo is doing things just fine.

Thanks haymaker! New lip

761CCF8A-82AE-4829-B8E3-F659CDDA5D20_zps

Tried to wire up the steering assist thing with a few different resistors but each one killed PS completely.... Am I doing something wrong here?

3C20AE13-DBEB-469B-AFB5-623C58706C52_zps

Nice resistor mount though.......

Got a pair of 17s for the front and some side skirts. Painted front lip white. Kinda starting to look cool I think although not real happy with the side skirts.

Need to get it ready to drive for spring so I can try out some drift crap. Still needs rear bushings badly and a new bucket seat. Anyone 6'2"- 6'3" have a bucket seat that fits them? I can't find a seat with shoulder belt holes high enough to clear my shoulders.

0E35D41F-0E42-4E2E-BE07-393052B1237E_zps

113C5795-F079-4C77-AD11-D483F75F3BAA_zps

Did the resister end up holding out for you?

Car looks great!!

Hard bucket? Or reclinable? The sparco evo 2 medium tall I have in my GTaRgh fits me okay, and the old pair of confetti Recaro speeds I have are mint. Either should work for you considering you're still short.

Thanks guys

None of that resistor crap ended up working.. Steering still feels like my Mercedes. Was gonna try to adjust it to get the slop out and go from there.

Non recliner - was looking at the EVO 2 but I'm also a skinny dude. Seems like the best option still