Sign in to follow this  
ibraned

MX73 won't start. Need serious help!!!!!!!!

My 86 Cressida isn't starting, turning over, making any noises, etc etc etc.

Story began like this: I came back from Texas and hopped in the car after 2 weeks of sitting (maybe even less cause my brother moved it to the side of the driveway) and it started 1st time fine. Struggled a bit but it started and ran. I let it run for a few minutes then i turned it off. I tried to turn it on again shortly after and it would just make a ticking noise and my dash slowly started to lose power. I kept trying to crank till the dash completely died and the car wouldn't make a sound. Now nothing happens. No noises or anything. All of the interior lights, radio, windows and dash do not power on. The only thing that works are my headlights and turn signals.

So far I've replaced the battery and main relay fuse. All the fuses checked out fine and my starter is still new.. Im thinking its the ignition switch but i want to be 100% sure. I can't keep buying parts that won't fix this problem..

:(:(:(:(

oh hey there. welcome to jzxp. sounds like youve got some issues with your car, hope you get it fixed soon.

other than that, i hope you're having a great day and you enjoy your time here. while you wait for a helpful reply, have you taken the chance to look around and get a feel for the rest of the site?

please dont hesitate to ask if theres anything you need. thanks for posting on jzxproject.

Did you vent the gas tank after letting it sit for 2 weeks ?

If not, did you add a can of stable fuel additive before you left ?

If no to both these, then your fuel pressure sensor is plugged, and it shuts down all the electrical.

Simple fix, just pull the cover off your ECU, and pull the code, acetone works well.

Normally letting the ECU soak overnight in a pan of acetone will clear the problem.

Killing them with kindness Chris lol.

Gordon is the fucking man.Haha yeah that acetone works wonders.I think op has already inhaled too much acetone fumes.

Im thinking its the ignition switch but i want to be 100% sure. I can't keep buying parts that won't fix this problem..

gee, if only there was a device that measured voltage...

There is, wet nipples.........

Just get 2 pieces of wire, with alligator clips on each end.

Hook one end of each wire to your nipples, one of the other ends to ground, and the other to the high tension lead coming off the coil.

Then have someone try starting the car.

You will instantly know if there is voltage.

If your nipples are too small to get a good hold on, like mine, you can use your ears but you won't get as strong of a reading.

I scrolled slow at work expecting dick picks.. you soft mother fuckers <3

Rue or Jacob haven't been here yet...........