hantavirusx8

Project Hantavirus

ACT is also chinese, so that figures :(

Can't complain about two years daily at 400whp though...

F1 stage 3. Yeah I can't complain. Got an ACT extreme. If that explodes I'll bite the bullet and put a twin disc in it.

So here's the deal: keep an eye on disc thickness as slippage/kickage once it's at the end of its life has a hard time dissapating heat and will fuse to the flywheel. As for the pressure plate issue, I kinda feel it's related to spring pressure and abuse at higher torque levels. I've never had one break personally though, just kinda what seems to make sense in my brain

Spool on here had a south bend clutch blow the pressure plate straps behind his 7m turbo at like 500hp of if I recall. The disc material had lots of life left in it.

Pressure plate issues relate to poor quality materials used. There's lots of ACT clutches out there with high clamping force not having issues.

Christ sake, just break down an buy an OS, or some other multi-plate.

I even rock OS on by fucking Datsun.

Os has those stupid rivvets that brake on the pressure plates.

Still say pictures, or it never happened......

And there is always QuarterMaster.

... they don't have rivets on the pressure plate. Never heard of anyone breaking an OS but I've seen enough people with even ACT HD's break R154s and an Extreme is going to crankwalk that old junkyard block sooner rather than later. Return it or sell it to a dipshit on supraforums and get a twin.

Yes, we have no rivets!!

IMG_2648.jpg

Ah that's the revision with bolts.

The older ones were rivvets. Glad they changed that.

Crap, this one is 20 years old........

X3JUXY5.jpg

Saved >$300 on this guy by taking advantage of the destroyed yen ~2 years ago or when ever that was

Thats sexy. I'm still going to give the ACT a try before I drop 2 grand on a twin disk. That's like 40 tires, or 20 entry fees, or 10 Cressidas.

10 years ago I sold them for under a grand. All sorts of fitments.

Took so fucking long to sell a 1JZ set, that I changed out the flywheel for a 7M, sold it, and threw the perfect 1JZ flywheel in the scrap pile......

Things never change, cheap asses will still throw $$ at chinese crap, even if they have to replace it constantly.

Would never want an "Xtreme" pressure plate again.

The pedal effort is ridiculous and it dampens the feel of the engagement point. It does work well for its intended purpose though.

Would a normal pressure plate not have worked well for you?

Seriously! I only got like 250 miles on mine but those miles were great haha!

Mine was around 1300 shipped from jaypan

10 cressidas, not in the current facebook market hahaha!

No shit right? I can get a mint gx81 for same or less than a decent Cressida. If I gotta pay for sheet metal I'm going 81 all day.

Bought a Fluidampr and found the cheap crank pulley I was running as a temporary was stuck on the crank. Pulled threads, retapped to 3/8" coarse, pulled threads again. At that point I was done fucking around so I made two quick cuts on the pulley and split it with an air chisel. Cleaned up the crank, replaced the key, slid the Fluidampr on (with antiseize) and torqued it to 240 ft lbs.

The NA-T on the 1J ecu has been great. I forgot to mention I use the MAP signal for the TPS input on the SAFC. That way the low and high maps are based on manifold pressure instead of throttle percent. Way easier to tune.

15723649_1434553359912905_16381186367026

15732460_1434553423246232_63599742303977

15384380_1434553299912911_87567624270231