hantavirusx8

Project Hantavirus

I'm sorry but that wood grain dash is so fucking sick.

E-brake is a preference thing, so an argument is pointless it's like initiation whatever works for you is what's right.

ive never had an issue with a drum setup overheating. are you dragging it the entire track?

ive seen plenty of poorly adjusted cable and drum setups that are dragging the whole time and seize up or lock a caliper etc etc.

maybe on 4th gear entries at 160kmhr? i can see this? perhaps, but the 2nd and 3rd gear stuff its standard fare.

you cant complain about handle placement when youre entering an entire new system and you dont want to fab a handle. ill be bending some pipe and having a screw on situation on my car so its stock handle with better placement. in my MKII supra the ebrake handle is in an unusual spot to but i found to love it there, the x8 one is a bit further back and encased by the center console. i never liked the handle by the steering wheel for me, i thought it made sense initially when i started driving but really didnt like it there as the years went by (had a friend with one in his car, and i hated it). so long as youre comfortable and move your car good, thats all that matters in this sense.

I had no idea that faux wood grain was an option for instrument panels. I fucking need one now.

Wood grain = plastic contact film.......

(but it's heavier, and weaker than carbon fiber film)

My dash and kyles are actually wood grain from factory (plastic), but is much darker, not this cherry oakish one.

Pergo ftw hahahahaha

Quick update, put a 2JZGE in the car, making 535whp at 17 psi on a 1jz ecu. Runs like a raped ape. Going to PARC sunday, I'll try to get some footage

GTE headgasket, I think that puts it around 9.2:1. The whole setup is:
Stock 2JZGE
FFIM
Evo 560cc
AFC Neo
Hyundai coil over plug
2J distributor cam and crank sensors, adjustable base timing currently at 7 degrees
JZX90 Ecu
BW S363, .83 divided

^^ ^ ^^

SimmonsDAMN.gifFuck yeah

IMG_8806.jpg

Good job man!

Look forward to vids

Nice! That means I'm fucked. I got stock comp, and id1000s and e85. That means I should be 570 at similar boost. Got a graph? I'd like to see whereabouts I'm gonna frag drivetrain parts

Slick boss. Love what you're doing with this car. +1 on figuring out the sante fe coil packs!

Yeah looks like clutch killed your peak tq figure

PARC was awesome for about an hour. I was rounding the blackberry stretch in the back and it started vibrating badly and wouldn't go into any gear. Jammed it back in, went to the pits and popped the clutch inspection plate off. Pressure plate not happy. New clutch stuff on the way...
20161004_153532_zpsbfkmh1pc.jpg

20161004_153541_zpslkjis45a.jpg

Friends were cool enough to let me take their cars for a bunch of laps. Made the day better!

IMG_20161004_082535_zpsxwzx1zry.jpg

Looks like a typical chinese clutch......

Well considering it has what 3 years on it of drifting?

I'd say you got your monies worth out of that thing.

considering clutches arent supposed to do that.. i'd say you lucky to not have it blow up and saw through your bellhousing...

Looks like a typical SPEC clutch......

lol, yup ^^ mine is going into recycle bin once i get my car tuned and then i get another one.

i love that accord bumper, many cools

F1 stage 3 or spec? I had the f1, and for a Chinese clutch, it lasted a long ass time. In all honesty it looked and acted and felt EXACTLY like my at the time $700 ACT extreme did. So you gonna man up and do a twin?