hantavirusx8

Project Hantavirus

Only issue i have with the tanks in the x8 is that they're so fucking bulky underneath, and sit so far back that i'm afraid that if i slide my ass end into the wall at even a crawling pace the entire car will explode

last time I changed an x8 pump it took 35 minutes total. On jackstands. You going for the 5 minute rule?

Talk all the shit you want on WineBros, Mine is still going strong after 6 - 7 years. But that was 1ish year on my 5m then on a stock 1j for the remainder.

Like gordo said all the shit you hear is about the chinese fakes, that got so good even walbro couldn't tell the difference because the even got the weight spot on.

That being said I am taking it out to go to a higher flowing pump for my new build AEM all day!

^this. Mine was fine after 5 years at 400+hp. Now it's in one of the tandem of die cars still going strong. Get a real one and they're fine

^^ Shit is legit. I had the 255 in my car which has been in there for at least 5 years+. I only swapped it out for the top secrete pump because that bitch flows 480lph at 70psi ( yeah way more than I need), but It was a one time deal that I fell acrossed.

Buy a real wal 255 and stop crying.

Been running 255's for a minute, no issues. Going to a walbro 400 next.

Ive ran mine for 4 years in the cressida. And ran other walbros in many other cars before that. Have a aeromotive stealth now though

The car performed great at the last drift event. Everything felt dialed. Got to hang with Okidriftjr and talk Cressidas.
11134029_780275675401862_139903620090971

The fan got stuck in the shroud from the mounts flexing and almost punctured my radiator again. I put in some 14" efans and took the time to wire them up right with a relay and temperature switch. Drilled and tapped a hose adapter for the sensor and used the lower radiator hose.

I ended up crushing my downpipe scraping over rumble strips on the track. Bought some pipe and a flex joint for good measure and made a new section. Removed the stock heat shields to get it tucked up as high as possible.
20150409_173227_zpsywemjtmc.jpg

Original paint still cleans up
10530767_1000228263345419_39755245254522

I also got a 2JZGE in exchange for doing a wiring harness for a friends SC300. Time to do a 1.5JZ! It's hard to pull apart such a good running 1JZ but it should be a fun project and I'm really looking forward to the extra low end and faster spool. Got it stripped down to the shortblock, re-sealing the pan, replacing F/R main seals, going to run the original GE pump since it has a CPS provision. 2JZGTE head gasket and a new set of oem head bolts. Looking forward to putting it together, I'll get some pics of the progress.

Fuck yeah man.That factory paint is fucking gorgeous.

1.5jz all the way.

2JZ block ready! CR works out to 9.75:1 :)
20150423_162219_zpslqirtdvz.jpg

Still need an is300 union bolt, longer oil feed line and a weekend. Got a good feeling about this

Got the 1.5jz put together yesterday morning. There was some car meet going on that had a dyno that I wanted to make it to. Got it finished just in time and made the 100 mile drive to the meet adjusting the safc along the way.
10985963_1008534169181495_48998962806534

Got to the meet and put it on the dyno. Made 369 rwhp and 357 ft lbs at 14 psi. Not as much as I'd hoped but it seems pretty fast. Spool is way way faster with a lot more low end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNciKQLbap8

if I make that much on 14psi I'm gonna kill myself =(

Lol. I think the stock 1JZ cams and the exhaust crushed down to 2" under the rear subframe holds it back. The numbers are lame but the way it feels is night and day compared to the old setup.

haha true I forgot about stock cams.

Sounds sick!

Dang your down in Oregon, gonna have to hit yo up some time!

I'm coming down next weekend for a half marathon

Sounds good if you ever go down to the coast hit me up. Or if you go to pats acres drift events I'll probably be there. Flag me down

Stopped fucking around with trying to repair my old exhaust and built a new one with 3" mandrel bends. Tucked it up very nicely. Really happy with how it turned out.
11010548_1016595388375373_42488418206061

Finally got some new wheels. Cosmis 18x9's.
10385390_1024898894211689_58480089800098

And the downside. I've been having problems with a small amount of detonation during spool up. I believe it's a result of timing advance caused by pulling fuel with the SAFC. I'm having to pull 16-18% through the high throttle range to keep the AFR in the 11's. I might try putting the stock injectors back in and zero'ing out the SAFC to see what happens.