Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Need some pictures of you adapting -AN bulkheads

Hey

Still trying to decide whether it's easier to use my fuel cell and go with an inline pump or adapt bulkhead -an fittings to my existing gas tank.

I fucking hate fuel celled cars and I hate having to cut the trunk out of the damn car to make a cage for the cell/weld in flat metal.

I need pictures cause I can't learn with words.

Thanks.

kGMCuco.jpg vibrant -8AN mild steel bung welded onto the stock sender on my old vulva, also ground wrench flats on it so I wouldn't twist the shitty hardlines off

Trying to suck a frosty through a coffee stir stick doesn't work for shit.

Cut the damn small hardline off, drill the hole large enough to actually put in a bulk head fitting.

On the in side, add a drop tube from the bulk head fitting, and run it nearly to the bottom.

A 3/4 (#12) line will need to be at least 1/4" pff the bottom so it isn't restricting the inlet.

(rule of thumb, 1/3rd the diameter of the tube)

Good idea to flare the bottom of the tube also.

Go whith what ever size is at the inlet of your pump.

Seriously think about adding a 100 mesh inline filter before the pump, and a finer filter after.

hey gordo you can buy AN fuel pump socks for the tank. dudes use them all the time on bosch pumps.

Well, you know sonny, back when I first got into imports, there wasn't anything like that.

And I had to walk 3 miles to school in blinding snow storms.

And what ever other bull shit old people say..........

Mark, got a link ?

Yeah, they are kick ass on the o44, and I've even seen the big magnafuel 4303? With a sock on a hangar. Wanna say deatschworks makes one?

Lofty, I should have pics in my silver car thread, did two -6 90*s in the top of the hangar with a single walbro 400 and pushlock between hat and pump.

Kyle I checked I didn't see any but you have an as load of pages. All I saw was the tank one with the lines next to it.

Just got done burning my rear end bushings will check this thread when I get home.

Thanks guys.

<3

i wish i never put a fuel cell in my car, if i knew this i wouldnt have. good shit

Hm, shouldn't be too bad adapting one of these filters, as they have an 18mm thread, that if I am not mistaken, is the same as an o2 sensor bung.

Just weld the bung on a drop tube, and screw the filter on.

I asked if he offered them in an AN thread, but he doesn't at this point.

Turns out he bought a JZA70 Torsen from me years ago.

Small world.

I bought some -06AN hardware that basically allowed you to drill the existing hat, and bolt the shits in with washers.

You dick !

You just had to add shit to my 'Need to Buy' list !

So when is this Holley Hydramat supposed to be available ??

^ if you do a fuel cell in your car you're a fucking idiot. A stock 1uz doesn't need any more than a stock fuel system. If anything the stock in tank to a surge and an 044 or external walbro to the rail would eliminate any issues with slosh related to tossing the car. But by all means, spend money you obviously don't have on it by replacing everything fuel related because racecar, right?

I was thinking more for my kart, as any air picked up into the lines will cause instant piston seizure.

Others get around the problem by carrying way more fuel than they need.

Or having two of those socks chunked to the corner of each side of the tank by magnet connected by a Y fitting.

Hydramat looks cooler.

^ if you do a fuel cell in your car you're a fucking idiot. A stock 1uz doesn't need any more than a stock fuel system. If anything the stock in tank to a surge and an 044 or external walbro to the rail would eliminate any issues with slosh related to tossing the car. But by all means, spend money you obviously don't have on it by replacing everything fuel related because racecar, right?

If you think that this car is going to permanently going to stay n/a 1uzfe, you are the idiot. ;)

I was basing that off your jew clutch/wheels. But I almost guarantee you won't see 550, so it's still pointless. Prove me wrong though. That shit makes me happy.

IMO it's six of one and a half dozen of the other on x8's and other older cars with the gas tank strapped underneath the trunk. you're not hurting anything by switching to a fuel cell, and it's probably safer if you're not an idiot about installing it. On newer cars with a molded gas tank that wraps under the rear seats, you're an idiot if you take that out in favor of moving all the weight of the gas four feet back, unless you've got a compelling reason to.

I don't get the obsession with converting internal fuel pumps to external, though... seems like there's a lot of higher flowing reasonably priced internal pumps nowadays

Sign in to follow this