charlie@justdrift

sort of a build thread

i know you guys can be mean. but i really don't care, i've seen them all from drifting over 10 million years.

i already had my intro page from 2009 when i joined here with my jzx90. (if you care, go dig it up. if not read on). i sold the jzx90 to fund the new insurance requirements to get a better coverage for justdrift llc and our drift events/competitions/asb demos etc. i sacrificed my big boat for it... i miss the 4 door and i miss the jz power. i had a chance to get a jz100 or a 110 back in the USA but ran into paper/title issue pre-ship from japan. so i didn't want to go thru another hassle of importing one which by the time it lands, it's probably not worth it anymore. instead i look for what's readily available state side that's affordable. the mx83 hahaha.

meanwhile here's a vid of my old jzx90 mkii

https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5B5GIS344g

i had a chance to drive hiro's silver cressida and ended up buying it. so now i am back in a 4 door... i love driving it. i think it's easy and well setup. most of all it has enough power for what i need it to be and for the purpose of the car. car runs solid as is.

why the mx83?

justdrift has a new competition series for 2015. top drift limited (will be running along side our TOPDRIFT FD Proam) - go see our website if you care. it's basically a limited class, limited engine swap, limited tire size and rating. i picked the mx83 as the demo/example/ambassador car to promote the new series. because it's a nice platform (S chassis would be to obvious - plus i already have one) sort of readily available and can be swap without breaking the bank. while going grocery shopping and running errands at the same time.

this is not much of a build thread, because i really am not a mechanic, fabricator or a builder. i let the experts do the building for me. but this car is already half way there. just waiting on a few parts from sponsors that will be helping us with the car. so there... dunno whatelse to say except love me or hate me (if you choose the latter, get in line). it's your choice! but i'm back =)

my build part is paint and aero... that's the only build i can borderline do to this car.

hp wise, we're going to shoot for 350-400 max. which is not a lot to ask from the jz motor.

here's the pic.. but i'm sure ya'll have seen what a stock body mx83 with a 1j looks like. i'll make it look nice and stuff by the time the season starts.

post-2878-0-93359600-1417726610_thumb.jpgpost-2878-0-52675100-1417726625_thumb.jpg

has x chassis - check

has jz - check?

bought not built - check

failed intro - check

level of interest is waning.

The 'bought not built', and 'I can't do shit myself' killed it for me.

I think Cressida Nation is calling you.

at least he admits it. And does a thing of value with the drift series. Not really your aveage fanboy. hmmm.

The 'bought not built', and 'I can't do shit myself' killed it for me.

I think Cressida Nation is calling you.

why? did you buy your house or did you build your house yourself?

who gives a fuck if i bought it... i'm not going to attempt to build shit when i am not qualified to do it. that is why half of the people quit drifting. because they are too cheap to pay someone to do it right for them and enjoy the sport and drive it to the ground. instead, they do it cheaply and do short cut stuff. then it breaks, they go broke, they quit and say fuck drifting. well, it's not going to happen to me. i have been drifting longer than most of the people here. it probably doesn't matter to most either. why? cause no on cares. i will outlast most of these people here too.

but regardless what chassis i am in now and will be in the future, it all good. it's the sport that i am in love with not the car. i could be in an s13, mx, jzx, ae.. whatever it is i chose to use. it does not matter. it's the sport that's what driving me. not the building not the fabricating not the wrenching or the tuning. you get it? no? good.. go back to school.

the pilots enjoy flying, did they build the plane they fly? let me spell it out.... NO!

I think that what Gordon is getting at is the fact that this site tends to suit people who enjoy working on cars...you basically just said you don't. You don't walk into a fucking culinary school, start insulting people and saying that you just enjoy eating food but they should let you hang in the kitchen. That would be stupid and you are being stupid.

I think that what Gordon is getting at is the fact that this site tends to suit people who enjoy working on cars...you basically just said you don't. You don't walk into a fucking culinary school, start insulting people and saying that you just enjoy eating food but they should let you hang in the kitchen. That would be stupid and you are being stupid.

if i walk in a culinary school i'm gonna tell them i enjoy eating the food they make and i will ask them where i can order the food. cause i can't cook and i don't have good kitchen skills or equipment. but i do enjoy eating...

i don't enjoy working on cars, but it doesn't mean i can't admire the work that people do in here. i wasn't insulting anyone, i was just replying appropriately to the hard come ons.

You really are a fucking retard, aren't you.

Let me spell it out...

We don't want idiots here.

We don't want their ignorant questions.

We don't want their stupid replies.

And least of all, we don't want their admiration.

If a bunch of well accomplished cooks get together to have a day of just bull shitting, trying new things, and telling funny stories,

they don't want some moron wander in and start trying their food, and bring up stuff about food that he ate somewhere else (S13 comment), l and trying to work his way into every conversation.

So why don't you go somewhere else, where you fit in.

Like Toyota Nation, SupraForums, or Stupidmania.

This isn't a build thread, because you are not a builder.

We don't want to chit-chat with someone of your level.

So if your into voyerurism, knock your self out.

Sit by your computer, and jack off to what you see here.

Just don't post anything.

If you want to yell 'I love you', do it somewhere else.

LOL... it's a build thread of how i want it to be built by the people who know how. because building is not my skill. that's fine, you don't want me here. don't read my post, go hate on someone else. as far as other forums, i didn't know there are others for this platform. i will check them out for sure. cause i am not narrow minded and i try to learn as much as i can with whatever it is.

you said you didn't wanna chit chat someone at my level, let me ask. what lever are you? are you in a higher level because you know how to wrench, build and tune or whatever it is you consider high level or different? educate me on how high level you are. i might be wrong...

I'm with Mark. Charlie stays. I, by and large, stopped working on my cars too. My Cressida is in the shop right now with the rear sub-frame completely out of it. Why? Because I make more money sitting in front of my computer than I save by wrenching myself. Because I value my time enough not to spend it under a rusty box of junk. The last major swap/service I did was the Tundra brakes on the 4Runner. I can't remember the last thing I did on the Cressida. Maybe sleeving a rusty brake line? I don't enjoy wrenching. At least not like I used to. I can't recall if I ever liked wrenching.

I've seen car dudes' IG and Facebook feeds. All they post is wanting and pining for the next big thing hoping it makes their life complete. Charlie is a doer, always taking trips and doing fun things and living life. He is someone I would hang with. That's far more than I can say for 90% of the nerds here.

Well then since you don't work on your own cars and plan to just beat The car as is (along with aero/paint I'm sure since this is a poster child, right?), sweet marketing thread. Faggot.

Charlie is good people and OG for sure, at the very least maybe he can teach some of the slobs here about style, the number one thing thats fucking gone from around here.

Well then since you don't work on your own cars and plan to just beat The car as is (along with aero/paint I'm sure since this is a poster child, right?), sweet marketing thread. Faggot.

well, depends what "work on your car" means. but i can change tires, change/check oil, diff oil, put gas, mount seats, mount harness, change/replace/adjust suspensions, fit, sand a little, rivet/unrivet aero, use a clicko, torque lug nuts.... what i CAN'T do is tune, weld, fabricate, bend steel, remove, install engine swaps, wiring harness, trace wiring issues etc etc. i am not going to pretend that i know how either. not everyone is a "know it all" guy.

and NO this is not a marketing thread... you gotta be kidding me, what's the readers population here? 500 members? 20 active? and 10 post nothing but hate? but fail to see what they have sitting in jack stands. what kind of marketing tool is that? come on... faggot. you're not welcome to suck me.

no i am not gonna beat the car as is, the car will go thru a little re-engineering. not much...

if you must know, this is what we have lined up so far.

1. gary at design craft will look over the motor and what we need - if we need anything

2. i have a spare 1j sitting at designcraft and built by designcraft waiting for if this goes out (it was daigo's spare motor from 2 seasons ago - i ended up with it)

3.AEM electronics Infinity ECU - will be tuned/installed in house at AEM

4. Sparco USA wants us to put 4 Sparco seats in it, so we can have fun with it.

those are the shit that i can't do. can you do all that? no right? neither can gordo and his fan club and neither can i. so why hate? i don't get it.

don't fucking hate cause i can't do that, cause you can't either.

i am not here to look for a best friend or enemies for that matter. i am not here to sell anything - i got nothing to sell.

i am here to read, stare at pics, share what my car looks like (cause i do like it - i just can't do real work to it) and what i will do to it and how i will enjoy driving it (to those who are interested).

i know not everyone is a hater or have insecurities of someone new to the community. i wish everyone will enjoy their cars as much as i will on mine.

i spend most of my time at the race track, so i will have a lot of seat time in this mx trying different setup and stuff.

thanks mark, justin and austin for standing up for me. i appreciate it. it seems like it takes a lot of courage in this community to stick your neck out for someone new. i really don't mind the hatred some people bring to me. it makes up for something lacking in real world.

this is internet... people talk a lot of shit and it's acceptable. but at the end of the day i'm still going to enjoy drifting this car regardless.

see gordo, so far i haven't asked anything have i? lol.. i just did.

PS: the s9 serial2 is growing on me... might have to get one before they ran out of stock.

Dont talk about serial9 here. Only rule in fight cl...err...jzxp

I'm sure you're unaware but the fucking quoting every fucking thing is fucking unnecessary.

I don't understand the need for a build thread that will never show anything. Unlike Jason and Mark... I'm with Kyle

Serialnines the best.Fuck the rest!

Austin? no style around here anymore? Really?

All pics are of actual jzxp members.Who all have style imo.

033_zps7926af84.jpg

6f6cd663-374f-43bc-83c0-5d6c28f69011_zps

4d15ab7e104711e38cf922000a1fbaf5_7_zps50 10313429_865122506847981_800185703675548

10683636_10153191992112506_2582248572130

10686957_10204634797617146_4705509895576

7484777378_265408d717_b_zpsc1f5160f.jpg

10449960_1429057327360903_53309881475878

964763_10152366831292556_616139582952063

blogger-image--114333490_zps33704d88.jpg

DSCF4750_zps6b155193.jpg

10703707_10203977390908898_5339347907134

IMG_05871_zps8fb199a6.jpg

CIMG4014_zps2cdbe9da.jpg

green3_zps070735c3.jpg

000DFCCD-A1D5-45F1-AA7E-8A1AAB02D9E0-863

10628849_732120560158464_499418060642621

10469889_10153328873024148_2750534137581

ia2_zps4bf6a427.jpg

b8jOtac_zps30709028.jpg

image-10_zps5125ea4d.jpg

PARCjuly-39_zpsbb694a61.jpg

09EE537E-21E3-44DF-AA12-4819CA9E7382-825

10365491_906476272702613_342798571248998

1040340_584939951550430_459195445_o_zps2

PARCjuly-13_zps8291f523.jpg

post-1911-0-29051400-1380041695_thumb_zp

photo28129_zpsfe9a0c80.jpg

qz4zXul_zpsf2ee58a7.jpg

tumblr_nffelv5GyG1s9ykkdo1_1280_zpsb90dc

tumblr_n6oul0qJ8R1qfgy2mo1_1280_zps189dd

post-1963-0-38618100-1416262146_thumb_zp

IMG_20140802_115600251_HDR_zps3560f2a2.j

IMG_0245-1_zps60c89a6a.jpg

post-6-0-60296700-1392888733_thumb_zps73

Yeah some of these member are gone and no longer active.Yes some of the cars are no longer with us.Yes i forgot some people.Regardless the style is here if you look for it.

No... not the same banana

banana_zps28a97c2b.jpeg

Your lack of intelligence is evident in your inability to understand the meaning of the word build. You have admitted that you are incapable of working on your own shit. I'd never be able to buy somebody else's shit, drive it, and feel like anything but a piece of shit

No... not the same banana

Your lack of intelligence is evident in your inability to understand the meaning of the word build. You have admitted that you are incapable of working on your own shit. I'd never be able to buy somebody else's shit, drive it, and feel like anything but a piece of shit

my lack of intelligence tells me i should let the expert build it so i can enjoy driving it. i think that's smarter than building it half ass.

If this is a build thread, I'm The fucking king of uganda.

This is a fan boy thread.

Six months from now, he will be on the next fan boy craze.

Hey charlie@jerk-off - buy lots of parts, pay lots of people to do stuff for you,

When you jump ship, the guys will enjoy your part-out.