Urrik

New Look / Same Poor Taste

Tell me more about how you fitted up your j spec front bar. Did you have the OEM rebar or anything? I was going to weld on some guide plates under my headlights to hold my bumper up..mines just the skin with a single mount in the center and the aluminium sheet for the ic. Tell me more about your magic

Thanks for the tip Gordon, I can be a knucklehead using brake cleaner on fucking everything with disregard for what material or finish it is.

My front bumper mounting is actually pretty crude and lazy. I only ever had the GX bumper cover and not the bar. I literally just kept cutting the stock Cressida bumper frame until the bumper cover fit over it. It's still in one piece, no foam insert either.  The top edge of the cover is just draped over the flange at the top of the bumper frame instead of screwed to it with that flat piece with the studs on it because that rotted and fell apart.  I was too lazy to make a new one from scratch so I threw it together like that and never fucked with it further.  The only evidence of it sitting too far in is where the grille overhangs it in the center.  Screws to the front corners of the fender like stock and lower corners of the bumper have home made brackets connecting to the body similar to stock

Basically just drove it this year.

xHClPGc.jpg

RV3Z9pl.jpg

It may have ended up being my last year in the Cressida because I just bought this:

C6VIugU.jpg

H79ESKq.jpg

6SIYLuI.jpg

Ev8pthQ.jpg

7X4pswP.jpg

The trunk is lying.  It's a JZX91 Grande G 2JZ auto:

zfvAuZn.jpg

What it came with:

Old HKS Hipermax LS+

R33 rep? wheels

Hippo Sleek front lip

X100 Tourer front seats

Mark II rear seat doily (fuck yes)

cracked windshield (fuck)

two spare hoods, spare trunk lid, spare OEM spoiler

ruined driveshaft center support bushing stuffed with windshield urethane (didn't work)

Plan is to put the 110 engine and R154 from the Cressida in it while converting the intake manifold, harness and ECU to JZX100, which should be able to run A/C, fuel pump control unit, etc. like stock.  I've already got the proper center console, shifter garnish, manual pedal set and clutch master, but I need to cool it with the parts from now until after the holiday season.

Works if you clean all the parts, and giving it enough time to set up.

Did that on the rat Datsun truck of mine, with the only downside was the high durometer urethane that I used, that sat up like nylon.
It transferred a lot of noise.

Had to do this because of the difficulty of finding an OEM quality center bearing, which I finally did.

If they have the Nissan writing and size around the center cap they're obviously OEM. That's the main tell tale that it's OEM unless they shaved the lettering in that area. The OEM wheels are pretty heavy and the g33 replicas just look off to me. Hard to tell from here. I don't remember there being any stampings inside the barrels or spokes for the OEM. I've been eyeing the jzxs more and more since being in Japan for holiday...the mark x and crowns have definitely grown more on me too. Good trade up

Center caps are blank.  They have the Nissan hub bore dia.  These wheels are old and gross and the chrome is flaking off all over.  I'm pretty sure they're reps; I was able to clean off the back of one of the spokes enough to find 17x8 +30.

Driveshaft lol:

dQn87iO.jpg

Also, having a base 3.0L car means I get the same diff and axles as Tourer V.  Should be pretty cheap and easy to shove an FR-S Torsen up in there.  Only difference is the N/A car is minus one mount so I'm going to want to do that as well:

9BUbtHm.jpg

lol holy fucks. is that diff mount seriously like that oem or just completely missing?

Oh yeah it's like that stock. I guess they determined three mount points were adequate for the non turbo. They just used the same rear diff cover and subframe minus the bushing sleeve welded to it 

yup mine came stock with only 1 diff mount as well lol you can get a quick is300 mount on ebay for like 17 bucks

The GE is being saved for a rainy day. Yours truly aint gon toss a perfectly good 2J.  Maybe another 1.5 in the future. Right now it's swap complete engine set from the other car over to this one. 

I don't care to spend the money and effort adapting a Solstice trans.  It's not appealing enough to me, especially when I already have a 154.  I don't like the shitty gear ratios meant for the gutless four cylinders they were sold behind, and the 3.75 1st gear for people who can't drive manual.  And like the CD009, initial buy-in cost of the box is low, sure, but after you're done wasting money adapting it (and hacking your car apart in the case of the nissan trans) you're at or exceeding an R box anyway. 

Come to think of it, I've had this same R154 for 12+ years and it's the sole surviving part I have from my MA70. As it should be.  I'll continue to reuse it until I can't anymore. That being said, I will need to open it up again to extend the shifter for the x90. Or get a tripod shifter and housing for it, if that's even possible; I understand the shaft bearings are different sizes. I'll figure it out once I have everything apart in January

So true about the Nissan trans. Lots of cutting for me. Adapting everything with the Collins kit and the serial nine shifter set me back an additional 1200.

Only reason I did it is because it shifts nice and holds more power