8 replies to this topic

#1 toycoma

toycoma

SMOKEY

• OG
  • 2,545 posts
  • Interests:drifting, rock N roll

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

where is the parts list that lists all the parts that are needed to do a 1jz conversion??
Like which motor mounts, what oil pan and oil pump or the pick up, drive shaft. you know, all the odds and ends. I found a motor withh trans from a supra for 1999 plus 170 shipping. So unless you guys want to see a SR20det in a cressida, you all better help a nugga out. a list withh actual links to order the parts would be awesome too.
QUOTE (brian)
a puppy in a hot car lasts longer than a 7m.

#2 Skaterjunky8

Skaterjunky8

I♥1J

• New Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:25 AM

ITs all on that OTHER cressida site. Just look a little harder :wink:
KULA.

#3 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,361 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:09 AM

this site is cool: http://www.1jz-gte.us/
and this one is good too: http://www.jzx81.net/jzx83

front sump and all the parts including the turbo oil drian
jzx81 mounts as complete as possible, I used JZA70 rubber mounts with jzx81 brackets, but I think you could make jzx81 brackets out of steel if really needed.
1990 V6 4Runner throttle cable
jza80 waterpump (optional, eliminates hydro fan oil pump and increases reliability)
all the things on the engine that need service when you get it (oil hoses, coolant hoses, belts, turbos, etc..) may need service.replacement
I got a $350 driveshaft at driveshaftshop.com, sorry I forget which one works with the factory hanger bearing.

if your car is already running well (minus the motor) a JZ swap will be easier. My swap is taking forever because I started with a rusted $900 parts car and have to replace everything.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#4 rayray

rayray

master procrastinator

• real members
  • 3,162 posts
  • Interests:professional sleeping

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:16 AM

mine's using stock (new) cressida rubber mounts withh JZX81 brackets, it's real nice for the street but it might be too soft for your drifting skilllzzzz. zero engine vibration though. if i'm not mistaken, the 91-92 uses a harder rubber mount than the 89-90. also get a supra half shaft for the R154, use the stock driveshaft. brand new 2JZ pump is a good thing to start out withh. non of that hydro fan mess... less stuff to break in my opinion and the clutch fan works fine

sig.jpg
1989 Toyota Cressida 1JZ - back to project backburner

Come to us for crazy parts

MKS Engineering, Inc.(website under construction)

Facebook - fb.com/mksengineering

#5 aphxero

aphxero

I♥2J

• OG
  • 4,115 posts
  • Interests:drift, toyota

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:58 PM

You can use a lexus gs oil pan thats what I did. Just make the drain for the turbos :)

#6 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,361 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:57 AM

hey, my new 1J is JZX81, so you know who to PM if you don't mind customs from Canada. jzx81 sump, mounts harness and other things in stock.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#7 mumblezzz

mumblezzz

I HATE 7M

• New Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:19 AM

Yeah most of the stuff thats been mentioned. I used a lot of the JZA stuff in doing my conversion but LHD will have slight differences.

Main things are the 2 sump peices, windage tray, pickup and oil drain.
JZX81 engine mounts or alternatively JZX90 mounts work if you put them on backwards.
instead of replacing the pump I bought a barb fitting that screwed into the water pump outlet and looped the hydraulic lines.
standard MX83 transmission mount will work on the R154
From memory you're already 5 speed so pedals arent an issue. might need a clutch line to be fabricated.
I used JZA70 throttle cable but im RHD
and as mentioned before replace all the hoses and clamps withh the engine out of the car.
Also if your budget will allow for it, fit an aftermarket ECU as well.
Ditch the stock intercooler as well.

#8 rayray

rayray

master procrastinator

• real members
  • 3,162 posts
  • Interests:professional sleeping

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:07 AM

i think it's easier to fit a larger intercooler upsidedown and route the pipes through the radiator support... unless you have the complete JZX81 clip to swap parts over from... otherwise the JZX81 intercooler won't fit withhout some modification if i remember correctly...

sig.jpg
1989 Toyota Cressida 1JZ - back to project backburner

Come to us for crazy parts

MKS Engineering, Inc.(website under construction)

Facebook - fb.com/mksengineering

#9 Jason

Jason

FREE CANDY

• Administrators
  • 4,528 posts
  • Interests:your mom