Brakes - Master Cylinder Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,365 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

My car was ABS so I might have the 1", probably why the car feels fine with R32 brakes all around.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#22 MikeRN

MikeRN

I♥1J

• real members
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

noob question, but why delete the abs?

#23 Guest_DuaxMachine_*

Guest_DuaxMachine_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Because it doesn't work for shit under some conditions.

Example:

Middle of the summer, 90 degrees out, sun shine, dry street, except one spot where someone leaves their sprinkler running a little to long, and there is a 2 foot wide stream of water running across the street.
Down the street comes a 91 Cressida, and just a ways down the street, on the other side of the water a car backs out suddenly.
Jam on the brakes, right before hitting water.
Front wheels slide maybe 12 inches.
ABS system reads wheel slipage, throws system into anti-lock chatter mode.
And even though, 3 feet past the water the tires are already dry, the fucking ABS is still in chatter mode, and continues so long that braking isn't effective for conditions.
Braking distance is INCREASED, almost causing an incident.
ABS will not come out of chatter mode until brakes are released, and time period elapses.

True fucking story !
I couldn't rip that shit off fast enough after that.

Bottom line, the best ABS computer is the one behind your eye balls.
Learn how to modulate the brake pedal, and you will always stop shorter than the best writen ABS program ever developed.

Besides, it weighs a lot.

Anyone want a perfect condition ABS unit ?
Will sell cheap !

#24 MikeRN

MikeRN

I♥1J

• real members
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

ok i get it now, thanks for explaining.. i had a similar incident driving on the highway in the rain around 60 mph, truck in front of me driving slow comes to a sudden stop in the middle of the highway, i apply the brakes progressively but realize i wont come up to stop in time so i jam on the brakes all the way, soon afterwards they lock up, im sliding forwards ddddrrrrrrrr thinking this is it.. this is it.! i end up stopping inches away from the back end of the truck and see a passenger exiting the truck and walk towards the exit ramp... this was back when i had stock brakes

ive tryed hard to lock up my new brake setup and no matter how hard i stomp on the brakes they never lock up (prolly bc the master is small) but anyways i may ditch the abs.

#25 oreofreak

oreofreak

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Drifting

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I am getting little confuse here. I pretty sure that the abs mx83 has 1 1/16 brake master. My abs jzx81 has 1 1/16 brake master. the rebuild kit part number is 04493-22220 which is the same part number as the abs mx83 rebuild kit.
All I really wanted was the back visor
92 JZX90 Creasta
92 GX81 MarK II sedan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users