37 replies to this topic

#1 JoeTheHook

JoeTheHook

I♥1J

• real members
  • 713 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Im thinking of getting T3 RCAs and am a bit skeptical after reading into them. There seems to be conflicting theories about them. Who has them, would they recommend them? Do they actually make a difference or are they just another gimmick? I am lowered.
Posted Image

#2 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I !♥ StockTwins

• real members
  • 1,882 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

from my understanding, they are important.
As they correct your LCA geometry that gets thrown outa wack when you lower your car

Posted Image

Since the RCAs go inbetween knuckle and spindle, they do not affect your ride height, but instead, work towords getting your LCAs back to factory angle, which should greatly improve handling, wear/tear, what ever other BS

I could be speaking out of my ass, but from my understanding they are pretty important.

On a side note, i have ebay lower ball joints, and T3 RCAS didnt clear, so i went with XM since they are fully drilled through

Another side note, My first x7 I went with t3 RCAs as soon as i lowered it with coils. So i couldnt speak for a difference in handling.

Although on this car, Ive been runnin BC's for months without RCAs, and finally gonna get around to installing them within the next week, So I can let you know how they feel.

#3 Guest_DuaxMachine_*

Guest_DuaxMachine_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

I think they are a good idea, even if I don't have mine on (new brake set-up interfears with them).
But I really can't recogmend the AE86 jockies red crap (TecnoTooTrashy).

Bought a set once.
Poorly machined, cheap hardware.
Buy XM, or Japanese.

#4 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 5,151 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

I have the T3 RCAs on my car with Megan coilovers. never had the car lowered without them so I can't speak to how they actually improve the suspension geometry from a "feel" standpoint, but I can say that they look like pretty much every other RCA i've ever seen.

Rue is still working on his prototype for x8 NRCA's which I will be trying out on my car, but real life kind of pushed his work back a little. I can honestly say that with my camber MAXED on the Megan's, it is sitting somewhere around normal... so any further negative adjustment would be impossible without adjusting the strut mount somehow. I have the alignment sheet somewhere, if you want details about how my front wheels sit at current to compare to how they will eventually sit with NRCA's installed.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#5 Guest_DuaxMachine_*

Guest_DuaxMachine_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Rue's work is heads above Titts3's work.
I need to call him & catch up on how his projects are coming.

#6 Stephen

Stephen

GOT MILF?

• 1,151 posts
  • Interests:Tire Smoke and Boobs

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

i think RCAs are great. they're an awesome way to deal with bump steer withut affecting other steering angles in a serious manner. some strut-types resort to spaced ball joints instead of modifying knuckles for a drop mount.

not a fan of NRCAs. too much scrub radius.

Posted Image

#7 JoeTheHook

JoeTheHook

I♥1J

• real members
  • 713 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Im leaning toward getting them now, thanks for the bro tips. The only other thing is ive heard like gordon said was it interfering with a brake setup. Im going with the z32 nissan shits is that going to be a problem? im trying to think, my rims are going to stay as 15" will they fit with the stupid big z32s? shit i cant see why not... hypothetically the whole setup would just elongate the bottom?? correct me if im wrong
Posted Image

#8 Stephen

Stephen

GOT MILF?

• 1,151 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

z32's aren't that huge, the main thing is just simply that they are 4 piston calipers.

they do fit under some 15" wheels but not all. all cars they ame on came with 16's.

Posted Image

#9 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I !♥ StockTwins

• real members
  • 1,882 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

the whole concept of the setup is to push your LCA down without affect ride-height, to get them to return to "as-close-as-posible" to OEM geometry =) I think i remember them not working with my ground control setup on my old x7 with 14s lol, they forced something to bind ont he rim, I cant remember clearly though that was a few years back.

You running x7 stuff or x8 up front?

#10 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

If your car isn't slammed/overlowered, aren't RCA's unnecessary?

#11 JoeTheHook

JoeTheHook

I♥1J

• real members
  • 713 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

supposedly theyre used when the drop is near 2"
Posted Image

#12 Stephen

Stephen

GOT MILF?

• 1,151 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

they're used when your LCAs go over-under. what i mean by that is that the pickup point of the strut to the LCA is higher than the point of the LCA to the front crossmember. like the picture posted further up.

ideal LCA height is crossmember a little higher than the end of the LCA, so that most compression keeps it level.

Posted Image

#13 JoeTheHook

JoeTheHook

I♥1J

• real members
  • 713 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Just looked under the car. the control arm sits higher than the mounting point so i could probrobly use a pair of these.
Posted Image

#14 bradlee

bradlee

I♥1J

• real members
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

yes, get them. i installed JIC coils, got bumpsteer, so i ordered a pair of T3 RCAs. to make a long story short, they made a big difference. i never had the car properly aligned, but handling was much more neutral.

also, you're probably going to need at least 16" wheels for that Z32 setup.

pony_sig.jpg

Do you look in the mirror and wish you were an anime character? I bet you do, and I bet it's sailor moon

#15 Dewback9

Dewback9

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Carhartts, Diesel Trucks, and Grizzly Wintergreen

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

They are definitely worth getting. Without them my car bumpsteers like a mofo, which is not fun at highway speeds on offramps when I hit any sort of bump. They will be among the long list of upgrades I'll be doing this spring to get ready for this season.
Posted Image

#16 DiscoShit

DiscoShit

I♥1J

• real members
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

+1 for the t3 shit here. i have them on my car. bump steer is fucking scary. car feels much better with them

#17 Jacob

Jacob

antagonist

• OG
  • 2,105 posts
  • Interests:obsessed with offending people with penis imagery, jokes, and violence.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

T3 just uses shitty bolts. yeah bump steer and travel up/down. had T3 RCAs and z32 brakes on my X8 with 2"s of washers... cleared 17s.
vbnXoa.gif

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I do.

#18 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,371 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

also there are different lengths of rca's, if you get that anal about it haha.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#19 Guest_DuaxMachine_*

Guest_DuaxMachine_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

I've seen oak rcas, not kidding......

I don't know if the guy was in Canada, or not, but they had a lumberjack look to them.

#20 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 5,151 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

all my custom made parts are going to be plaid. called it, fuckers.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users