#1 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,118 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Is anyone else here surprised at how fucking stable these piles of shit are at high speed with just coils? I was told we cracked 170 here recently. Pretty sure thats incorrect and prob more like 160ish, but still. Even then I didnt feel like the car wasn't suited for it.

#2 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 5,151 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

I was on the way to my second job the other day, met a new GT3RS on the way. he was baiting me as soon as he saw me, I dunno why. I don't need to race him to know who would win... but a couple times when I was following him just for funsies I was surprised at my speedo reading. When you get out into the wide open stretches in TX it can get hard to gauge your speed from looking out the windshield...

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#3 Guest_DuaxMachine_*

Guest_DuaxMachine_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

You should try one with rear sub-frame bushings in it, larger sway bars, and just a little aero on it.

#4 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 5,151 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

have to imagine a jdm front bumper is leaps and bounds better than the usdm piece. and easier to add a lip/splitter to.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#5 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,370 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

stock cressidas are far from stable. i had a 92 maxima SE that would feel great at 140mph+ stock. the stock cressida i found scary-ish even at 100mph with good tires and everything working fine. the maxima was probably the last nissan i ever drove that had good suspension.. actually scratch that, it was the last good nissan i've ever seen.

i mean, i've never been in a stock car so stable until i got my GS430, even the IS wasn't that great (well it had a hard enough time just going fast anyway haha)

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#6 JoeTheHook

JoeTheHook

I♥1J

• real members
  • 713 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

x7 with a horrible alignment going 130 feels like your going to liftoff
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Piner_*

Guest_Piner_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Cruseing at 112mph is pretty chill in the x100, I really need to get rid of the fucking speedcut

#8 Guest_DuaxMachine_*

Guest_DuaxMachine_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Strange Bill, my first Cressida ('91), with nothing but fresh shocks, good Dunlops, and cut springs was decent even at 130+.
Made many 200 mile trips across Texas at 120-135, with nothing strange rolling down the highway.
It did tend to lift the rear end a little at that speed, but nothing that I couldn't control with 2 fingers on the steering wheel.

Now slowing the bitch down with stock brakes when the radar detector went off was a whole different matter.
I used to go through a lot of front rotors back then........

#9 MikeRN

MikeRN

I♥1J

• real members
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

the most i've had my '90 up to was 110 mph on a smooth stretch on the Jersey turnpike. back then it had 60k miles, was all stock on 20 year old suspension and worn motor mounts.. felt pretty stable i was actually surprised i was going that fast.. i let off though, didnt wanna blow the HG 100 miles from home

#10 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,118 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

Cruseing at 112mph is pretty chill in the x100, I really need to get rid of the fucking speedcut

clip the wire.

It should be pin 12 in the 28 pin connector. It is usually pink iirc. Shouldn't cause any problems other than a cel that goes off when you start the car the next time

#11 Demesio

Demesio

I♥NA-T

• real members
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

i did 120 on my blown shocks, cut springs, and 6 yr old dry rot tires.. not the safest thing ever, but smooth non the less :)

#12 CelicaDRIFTER

CelicaDRIFTER

I♥2J

• real members
  • 2,123 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

120mph on the freeway and shit was stable. And that was just with cut front springs and S14 rear springs and my current wheel/tire setup at the time..

120mph in the '80 Celica i had(full suspension/ 2rzfe swap, '80 supra rear end) was scary, noisy and shakey.
***SPARKLE GARAGE***

R. Rabe Body & Paint
Automotive Plastic Surgeon
www.myspace.com/rrabespl
R. Rabe Body & Paint on Facebook

#13 huckersideways

huckersideways