Bros Garage Shit.

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brosgarage_*

Guest_brosgarage_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

Figured I would make a build thread for my car (s) and stop being lazy. The Cressida is coming along slowly, I am not really doing any work to it until all of the parts are in and then we are going to do it all at once. My plans for the car are

What I already have
- Almost every suspension part XM makes and their Motor/Tranny Mounts
- S9 Kit
- DM Roof Spoiler
- BC Coilovers
- 326 Power Wing
- NRG Hub/QR with Grip Royal Wheel
- 5 speed shit
- ASD Hydro E-Brake

Plans
- Wheels (Not a clue... I keep coming up with wheels and then find that another car has run them so I am taking my time with this)
- Our color scheme right now is a black car with a purple engine bay and purple cage but that isn't set in stone.
- I sold my VVTI motor, and I need to sell my 1UZ if anyone needs one! hah, but I am going with a normal GTE motor, that will be the last thing I buy
- And some other shit.

Here are some pictures:

Pulled the car out of a field where it sat for 3 years
Posted Image

Washed her up a bit, and spent a good hour cleaning rat shit out of it... not very fun
Posted Image

In the shop and disassembly started.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cleaned the gunk shit out of the engine bay and started sanding down. Don't have a complete picture but it is completely prepped right now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

End of that first day.
Posted Image

Did some shit with interior
Posted Image

Posted Image

Roof Wing and 60mm Greddy Bar
Posted Image

HKS Sequential BOV
Posted Image

5 speed shit
Posted Image

Posted Image

All my parts from XM
Posted Image

Got these, and then sold them because I want a different set.
Posted Image

Not really much else to report, its just sitting there until I can decide on wheels really, and then it is going to Exotics for the paint and the cage, I guess that will be the next big update.

In the meantime!

I got tired of driving around a pos so I bought a 1980 Toyota Corona - 1 owner - 95,000 original miles. It is almost a show room quality car and I am probably going to ruin it lol. I am just going to get a cheap set of wheels, *the ones I'm looking at now are 15x9 -10* have custom springs made to lower the car, and make an exhaust for it. So yea, I'll update this thread with both.

Posted Image

-Vance

#2 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 5,065 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

so what's the goal of this build?

if you're just building to get it drifting and compete for fun, experience, whatever... who gives a fuck what wheels you used or whether someone else has run them? get some craigslist shits or replicas and go wild. if you're using stock calipers all around, you can fit Starion or Crown Vic wheels w junkyard tires or take-offs and burn 'em up, less than $200 for 4 wheels and tires. When you're experienced handling the car, get some baller shit that nobody else has if you want to look nice for the blog photos. i did the unnecessarily expensive and rare wheel thing on my car, made them fit by rolling the fenders and shaving the calipers and now I am dailying $1,300 liabilities. There are replicas of the wheels I run available in awesome sizes for like $500 a set that I want to switch to for dailying so I wont lose my shit over curbing them coming home from the bar or losing them when some jackass cuts me off or merges into me.

whats up with that Corona? solid axle and leaf rear suspension? too lazy to look it up... do yourself a fav: if you plan on going any lower than 2", talk to a suspension place about doing something with your leafs instead of blocks. less headache down the road and it only costs ~$50 more than blocks and custom u-bolts (if you need them).

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#3 Guest_brosgarage_*

Guest_brosgarage_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

Corona is a solid rear axle but its a spring setup, it is very similar to the 86. I was going to make the 86 suspension work, but this company here is going to make us a set of lowering springs for $300 so I can't complain about that.

The Cressida is just going to be different, I'm going to use it to cruise, drift, take to meets, and try to get in a magazine. My thoughts on fake wheels are:

Cheap car = cheap wheels

Sure I'll throw some knock offs on the Corona, but I'm putting all of this time and money into the Cressida why would I want to run fake wheels? My drift setup will be using knock offs, but those aren't going to be the wheels the car is known with. idk, might seem stupid to people but I don't want to run fake wheels on the car UNLESS I am at a track day, plus it isn't my daily.

#4 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,366 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

everything is cool, but yeah, not wanting to run X wheels because someone has them is a nissan thing. wheels are wheels, run what you want regardless of other people.

and fuck that corona is cool.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#5 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 5,065 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Fair enough. Although I can attest that Baller Wheels is still Cheap Car in a lot of cases. to date, my wheels are the single most expensive part of my car. that includes the 1JZ.

If you're trying to get into a mag with this thing, do it fast. they're becoming more bandwagon/mainstream every day. Used to be people would feature them just because it was different and new to see an x8 build at shows. Now you have to do it more over the top to set yourself apart from the crowd. also, print media is dying off fast and blogs are either too easy to be featured in or they suck megadick; being associated with Speedhunters etc... is actually something to avoid for most.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#6 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,366 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

^ haha. yeah i have this old speedhunters license frame laying around and i didn't even want to put it on my GS, i just looked at it like.. there was a time this was somewhat cool.. now it's mainstream bullshit NFS promotion gayness.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#7 Guest_DuaxMachine_*

Guest_DuaxMachine_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

JFYI, that is not an HKS sequential bov.
That is a 'Super'.
Preceeded the sequential (which was a pos), and the now famous 'Super Sequential'.

Both the connections on the super need to be teed together.
HKS & Field, both made electronic controllers for the Super, so that you could control the opening pressure, and open time from your dash.
Was like an electric boost control, with a solenoid valve that tied into one of the two connections on the Super.
I have one of the Field units, cool stuff/

#8 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,051 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium