jzs171 pinout?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JoooeOne_*

Guest_JoooeOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

whats up peeps,so i finally got my engine and its from a toyota crown athlete and im having a hard time getting some info does anybody has a pic or any info on the ecu pinout?

#2 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 4,973 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

you're an idiot. don't buy shit before you know what the fuck it is. that being said, i don't have a pinout, but you can always figure most of the stuff out tracing shit or knowing what color wires toyota uses for certain things

#3 Jason

Jason

FREE CANDY

• Administrators
  • 4,522 posts
  • Interests:your mom
  • Powered By:1JZGTE

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

...or by giving it to mark aphxero
Virginia may be for Lovers, but Pennsylvania has Intercourse!

It's not like you're drinking Nazi Jew Gas Chamber Ale

#4 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,347 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

what does it say on the throttle on the motor you got? etcs or etcs-i?

if it says etcs look for jzx100 wiring it'll probably be the closest thing

if it says etcs-i that is jzx110. good luck and god speed if you have that shit.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#5 Guest_JoooeOne_*

Guest_JoooeOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

etcs-i yesterday i emailed a dude from australia he send me some ecu wiring diagrams but i dont know if its enough to make the car run

#6 Guest_JoooeOne_*

Guest_JoooeOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

ya this is it

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0135.jpg

#7 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

Haha drive by wire you suck!

Props on having it in there, though you probably will be pulling it to do seals

#8 Austin

Austin

Avernier

• real members
  • 2,209 posts
  • Interests:cars. my dog. my cat. straightedge.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

The dbw doesnt make it any harder at all to make it run. It just means your throttle response is going to suck, and you'll have electronic traction control, which you can turn off. Best thing for you to do is get a standard 1jz throttle body and an x100 eco. 6 wires and you're running

1986 KA-T AE86 Corolla coupe: For sale for ever maybe?
1977 Datsun 280Z: 1.5jz aem v2 and holset.

Cressida's are for bandwagoners, real drifters drive pignose s13's with rb20's and xxr's.

RIVALHOUSEGARAGE.COM

#9 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

You also need to see if those came with a ecu that has an immobilizer, because like avernier said you should be able to get it running, and assuming the clock is ticking on your warranty, that's in your best interest to hear it run

Also use toyodiy.com to cross reference the ecu part number in hopes it's close to jzx110 shit

#10 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,347 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

does drive by wire have a separate control or throttle control that needs to be used to control the throttle tho austin? if the motor didn't come with that and it happened to be needed to run that would suck. i mean most motorsets are missing one item, like a maf or igniter, or a smashed something.

yeah, probably easier to buy a jzx100 etcs harness and ecu to get that going, but give it a shot if you think you can figure it out.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#11 BudgetVIP

BudgetVIP

I♥2J

• real members
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

If it works the same as the 2jz vvti, the drive by wire is controlled by the ecu. The throttle cable is used to trigger the accelerator sensor and that sends the signal to the ecu then that sends a signal back for the correct throttle %. Pretty sure it's the same for all 1jz/2jz vvti, maybe not. Here's a video I found on it:

Honky Lips 4 LIFE!!!

#12 Austin

Austin

Avernier

• real members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

yeah, throttle linkage works as normal. but the cable only turns a sensor, wich acts like a potentiometer. the resulting value is sent to the ecu, which then sends a command to the throttle body, which has a constantly spinning motor, with a magnetic clutch engagement. the ecu tells the throttle body to close the clutch, which opens the throttle body. when it reaches the ecu's proposed value, the clutch repeatedly opens and closes to hold the position. then the vta2 sensor, sends back the confirmation to the ecu that the throttle plate is in the desired position, and the ecu goes along happily until the next change in throttle position.

Cressida's are for bandwagoners, real drifters drive pignose s13's with rb20's and xxr's.

RIVALHOUSEGARAGE.COM

#13 Austin

Austin

Avernier

• real members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

oh shit. just watched that video which says almost exactly what i spent forever typing out.

RIVALHOUSEGARAGE.COM

#14 Guest_JoooeOne_*

Guest_JoooeOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

The dbw doesnt make it any harder at all to make it run. It just means your throttle response is going to suck, and you'll have electronic traction control, which you can turn off. Best thing for you to do is get a standard 1jz throttle body and an x100 eco. 6 wires and you're running

How can I turn off the electronic traction control, hopefully by today I'll have the car running

#15 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 4,973 posts