#1 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,120 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

I'm learning as I go along, and will post shit as I figure stuff out. Others who know shit, please add to it.

EDIT: all problems I speak of about USB driver stuff turns out to be because I was using a computer with a 64bit OS system. To use the emu you must have a 32 bit OS. The software seems to work fine on win7, but there are little finicky things like when clicking on the car icon a window pols up saying language not found or some bs. Ignore it and it will continue. I'd still do xp if you have the choice as that's what the software was written for

Jumper settings: Turns out they're the same for vvti and non-vvti, here:

jp1: open -----------------------------------------------------jp11: open

jp2: open -----------------------------------------------------jp12: open

jp3: open ----------------------------------------------------jp13: open

jp4: open ----------------------------------------------------jp14: open

jp5: open -----------------------------------------------------jp15: 1-2

jp6: open ----------------------------------------------------jp16: open

jp7: 1-2 -----------------------------------------------------jp17: 1-2

jp8: 2-3 -----------------------------------------------------jp18: open

jp9: open ------------------------------------------------------jp19: 1-2

jp10: 1-2 ------------------------------------------------------jp20: 1-2

This jumper setting is for the full add/subtract fuel/timing control, so make sure you wire it up accordingly. You can find the diagrams in the link below to the installation and operation pdf

http://www.greddy.co...ate_Install.pdf

http://www.greddy.co...tion-manual.pdf

Also, I had to get a laptop that had xp. The software loaded on windows 7, but it wouldnt recognize the usb driver and wouldnt connect. I had zero problems with xp

#2 Guest_Gaijin Smash Wayhoff_*

Guest_Gaijin Smash Wayhoff_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

I had the same usb driver issue on mine (windows 7) with AEM software. Eventually got it to recognize, don't remember how. Something about the order of connecting it to the computer and ecu and loading the software..

#3 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

wanted to update this, there are different versions of the emu. The latest one is E. To find out what version you have, simply undo the 2 phillips screws on the back of the unit, then undo the 4 allens on the plug side, and carefully slide the circuit board out of the casing. My finger points to where the version stamp is located
Posted Image

So far I've figured out that if you have version "C", that you will need greddy injector adapter #2. This will prevent an extremely rich condition in 6 cyl engines. Said part seems to cost around $30 shipped. Part number is

My box that I've been running is version "D". I did not need the injector adapter with that version. Between the "C" and "D", you can tell the difference on the board as the jumpers are in different places, and there are also 6 extra resistors on the board next to the inj jumpers on version "D"

#4 blackers10

blackers10

I♥5M

• real members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

how did you go mate?
I am getting an emanage ultimate for my 1j mx83 with auto(will go manual eventually)

where did you get a base map from?

Thanks

#5 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

From your stock ecu. You work from there. I highly suggest you have the wideband hooked up to the emanage. Makes it so you can use the autotune function and also datalog so you can pull fuel as needed and know exactly how close you're getting. There is an injector correction feature but you'll have to be spot on with the lag times from what I've seen.

#6 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

Alright guys, will be doing some more playing around with this crap soon. Just found this download recently that seems to support windows 7. New version 2.30, also seems to support the V-manage

http://www.trust-pow...opics.html?id=4

Also, greddy has refined the emanage and released a newer, slimmer model that will be using different software as well. I've loved how easy it is for the average idiot (me) to use this stuff, so check it out. Looking at you Demesio.

#7 Demesio

Demesio

I♥NA-T

• real members
  • 957 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

sweet! thanks kyle, i just got a new laptop with windows 7 :D

right now im waiting for my gte ignitor to start my harness, awesomeness coming soon :D
maybe do the write up for this e-manage thing... although it comes with stupid simple instructions

#8 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Please tell me you didn't pay more than $10 for an igniter since they're on millions of cars at the junkyard. Also, yeah, the instructions are straightforward and on greddy.com under support and if you can't follow them you don't need to be doing it.

On windows 7 you might have a hard time connecting to the unit. Might have to uninstall and reinstall the driver for the USB on there. I'm having that problem now since my computer with xp and all my emu shit crashed. I should have it nailed down tonight and will post up what I did if/when I get it. Seriously thinking about getting a netbook today just for this crap

#9 Demesio

Demesio

I♥NA-T

• real members
  • 957 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Inland Empire junkyards can suck my penis, not one damn 2MZFE in sight for the last couple of weeks, so i bought it off canadian brian...

i had a notebook lined up for it, you'll want to kill yourself with that crappy processor and RAM... dont bother with that unless its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#10 blackers10

blackers10

I♥5M

• real members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

what wide band do we reccomend for the emanage??
I don't believe my current setup is running an o2 sensor from what I have seen on my exhaust... its still running stock management so dunno how that works..

#11 bippu

bippu

I♥2JZ VVTi

• real members
  • 588 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

use an Innovate MTX-L, good wideband for the money, and it comes with the software to change the voltage output slope.

Not sure if you can make your own AF sensor voltage slope on the emanage...
HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner / Factory Trained AEM EMS and Infinity Tuner / Haltech Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

#12 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,120 posts