#1 jah_fyah

jah_fyah

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:RASTAFARI - THE MOST HIGH

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

Good Afternoon Fams,
I have been trying to get this motor in my car for a few months now and think my issue all this time may possibly be my engine brackets. I have tried everything to get this motor to sit right and I don't see any way of getting it done without replacing my engine brackets (Thought of this today). I finally got my firewall/Rear turbo issue cleared up and the pos still doesn't mount up. Anyways, pictures speak louder than words.......

Here is my rear turbo on the passenger side. I have about 2mm of clearance when the motor is sitting in the bay

Posted Image

Here is the driver side engine mount/bracket combination. This side mounts up fine and I can get a bolt on it with no issues.

Posted Image

Now this is the shit that is killing me, this passenger side engine mount/bracket combination cannot mount up. The bracket needs to go about 4mm towards the driver side in order to mount up. I have tried to force it, pry it over, swing the tranny from side to side, and even offered it some free drinks and money, but the motherf******* still wont move over. Could it be that the brackets have issues? What should I do to rule certain things out. What else could possibly cause this because I don't see it....

Passenger side mount

Posted Image

Top of passenger side mount

Posted Image

Closeup from side of passenger side mount

Posted Image

Ohh yeah, I have both Xcessive Manufacturing Brackets and Mounts for the 89. I went to the site to give you guys the exact link to the parts, but I don't the brackets for some strange reason?????????????

Blessed

#2 cocobutterz

cocobutterz

I♥1J

• real members
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Drifting, Beer, Hoohoos, Star Wars, Backpacking, Hoohoos.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

Only things I can think of would be your crossmember might not be from an '89 or your transmission is hitting the tunnel not allowing it to line up. My 1j was a BITCH to get lined up and I found out it was rubbing really bad in the tunnel still..

One love.

Thats cool you feel like you can make a 7m proper. Just do it somewhere else. Around here we call that shit gay.

#3 lucas

lucas

I♥2J

• real members
  • 1,503 posts
  • Interests:$$$

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

Bolt the engine mount to the engine bracket (does not have to be tight) and THEN set the motor onto the crossmember, everything should line up.

This is a common mistake with motor mounts but you have to think, you are attaching 2 pieces that are in a "V" shape. The holes will not align until you are "right there."

Justin

Get in touch with me for MX83 body kits

For a everything Cressida:

Xcessive Manufacturing
Phone: 1-503-504-2147

#4 jah_fyah

jah_fyah

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:RASTAFARI - THE MOST HIGH

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

i'll try that and get back to you. Thanks for the recommendation!

#5 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,118 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

another thing is you possibly have the mounts in the wrong location on the engine. iirc I had to remove one of the brackets once I got the engine in the car and relocate it to a different set of holes. You really shouldnt be having this much trouble. I have the xcessive brackets too with no trouble

#6 KryptoniteFusion

KryptoniteFusion

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

I had this problem too. i had rubber mounts so i was able to pry it a bit to get the bracket on. Curious as to what the proper way should be to install them with urethane mounts.

keep us updated and let us know if taking the engine mount out and bolting on the bracket first works.

#7 scoobymike87

scoobymike87

I♥5M

• real members
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Money, Cars, Girls.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:05 AM

yea the passenger side has two mounting points on the motor! Took me an hour to figure out with a buddy and I contacted XM as well.

#8 cocobutterz

cocobutterz

I♥1J

• real members
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Drifting, Beer, Hoohoos, Star Wars, Backpacking, Hoohoos.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thats how I fucked up in my x7, I didn't realize there were 6 mounting holes till it was too late lol.

Thats cool you feel like you can make a 7m proper. Just do it somewhere else. Around here we call that shit gay.

#9 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,118 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium