• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

I'm currently having a CNC Staging Brake installed in my X90.

A few things we've learned so far:

- The X90 brake line fitting thread pitch is M10x1.0

- The CNC staging brake comes with standard 3/16" fittings, so you'll have to get metric M10x1.0 fittings or use 3/16" to M10x1 adapter fittings

- The front port on the master cylinder is for the rear brakes and goes to the front fitting (inlet) on the handbrake

- X90 brake lines are not like anything stateside. I thought they might be like the SC or GS but looked up the diagrams and they're similar but different

- The X90 brake lines are complicated as f*ck due to the traction control and abs

I'll post more and pics later.

#2 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,002 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

Doesn't it come with the fittings? Mine hast showed up yet... I was gonna get like 5 or so feet of hard line, figured that would be plenty for what I needed

#3 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, it came with fittings on the handbrake but I need the thread pitch for the fittings that will go from the master cylinder to the handbrake. I did a bit of research and it looks like the brake fitting thread pitch is M10x1.0

#4 Mats

Mats

mr_240sx

• real members
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

once you figure it all out, if you could share the info that would be awesome!

#5 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

Oh I will, Mats! I'm surprised you're still using the stock handbrake.

#6 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

I updated the OP with some useful info. Hopefully, the handbrake will be done in a week or so.

#7 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

My friend/mechanic called yesterday and said the handbrake is in and works great! The only other problem he ran into was the lines I gave him were too long, so he had to cut and re-flare them. Oh well, I'm glad they were too long rather than too short. He's finishing up a few things like painting the mouting bracket. I should have it today or tomorrow and will post pics.

#8 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 5,002 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

Whats the angle on the flair ?

#9 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

I have nooooo idea. LOL

You could always buy shorter brake line. I bought 5 foot just to be safe, but 3 feet is probably closer to what you need.

#10 Mats

Mats

mr_240sx

• real members
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

got any pics of it installed? According to UPS tracking number, my ASD ebrake will come in today. Just curious to see how you mounted it.

#11 Guest_Piner_*

Guest_Piner_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:25 AM

Yeah I have mixed feelings about Hydro's, I installed one on my E36 and really wasn't that much better than the drum ebrake that I had before. It was just in a better position to pull it. It is a staight up motherfucker to bleed. I feel now if you want to do a hydro right you gotta use seperate rear calipers. The benfits outweigh the extra effort in my mind.

#12 bwcress

bwcress

I♥2J

• real members
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

You probably didnt size the cylinder on the hand brake correctly and if running a pass through setup there is no extra steps to bleeding... you just bleed your rear brakes like normal... I feel like people over complicate things sometimes its really a simple concept

#13 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

Dual rear calipers are for pro cars. This setup works fine and some pros still use it. Dual calipers aren't worth it when all you're doing is having fun with friends.

#14 Guest_Piner_*

Guest_Piner_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

Well im just speaking from experience here. If I still had my e36 I would be going to a dual caliper setup.

#15 Guest_MasBoostMike_*

Guest_MasBoostMike_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Did you ever get any pics? I just got mine in and looking for a direction to head with all the lines. Im debating pulling everything and starting over that way Ill completely eliminate ABS and ETC garbage.

#16 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

I kept meaning to but the camera on my old phone was super shitty. I have an iPhone now, so I'll snap a few pics.

#17 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

there is an unwritten agreement between all manufacturers of hyrdaulic pass-through master cylinders that they all need to have really stupid fitting sizes and not come with the fittings.

the fucked up inlet fitting on the wilwood pass through is scary as fuck. i've never seen the correct fitting that could properly fit it, everyone always runs a sort of next best thing that they have to dig up because wilwood didn't supply the magical unicorn reverse -AN fitting that doesn't exist.

such a giant liability for a brake part.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#18 Guest_MasBoostMike_*

Guest_MasBoostMike_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

I kept meaning to but the camera on my old phone was super shitty. I have an iPhone now, so I'll snap a few pics.

Nice. IPhone FTW... I got an Android it blows!!!
Pick up this guy for a stupid good price.....http://www.d2racing.com/content/products/hydraulic_handbrake

#19 Guest_Gaijin Smash Wayhoff_*

Guest_Gaijin Smash Wayhoff_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

Dual rear calipers are for pro cars. This setup works fine and some pros still use it. Dual calipers aren't worth it when all you're doing is having fun with friends.

You won't be saying that when the system locks up on you... Maybe you'll get lucky and won't have a problem but I've seen it happen enough on quality single setups that I'll go ahead and have a machine shop fab up a dual caliper bracket.

#20 The Chubby Chaser

The Chubby Chaser

I♥1J

• real members
  • 524 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

^I actually will be saying that if/when it does. I maybe do one drift event a month during the season. It's not worth it to spend tons of money on a dual setup when all I'm doing is fucking around with bros and not trying to bust 100+ MPH entries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users