Shops / Sellers (Good, bad, ugly...)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,371 posts
  • Interests:cars are pretty cool I guess.

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:07 AM

Ever get ripped by an eBay member or know of any shady places people should know about? Any shops that are always on the ball, offer reliable service?

Post your experiences with sellers, good or bad * opinions only * to protect the few in the cressida community.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#2 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:12 AM

I just recently got ripped by extreme power performance

www.extremepowerperformance.net

eBay id: www_extremepowerperformance_net

took my $115 for a new Walbro 255 fuel pump (+ shipping) in July, shipped it to the wrong address in Aug. He offered to give me a refund or replacement in Sept, and now has shut me out after I asked for a refund after 2 months of trying to contact, and now it's too late to do a PayPal chargeback.

He still sells them on eBay.

---

Sunrise JDM Motors http://www.sunrisejdmmotors.com/ is great though, place I got my 1JZ from, super clean motor, and the guys even cut me a nice deal on it for picking it up.

#3 JDM CRESS

JDM CRESS

I♥1J

• real members
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:36 AM

Sunrise JDM Motors http://www.sunrisejdmmotors.com/ is great though, place I got my 1JZ from, super clean motor, and the guys even cut me a nice deal on it for picking it up.

i definately vouch for those guys. even though it took more than a week to get her after they told me 3 business days max, im very satisfied withh my swap. its really clean. motor looks like a virgin! cant wait to take this 1j's virginity :twisted:

cant wait to start her up!

daniel

#4 Gseventythree

Gseventythree

serialnine.com

• OG
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:cars

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:15 AM

KEEP Performancelab. .. pretty much the coolest and highest quality shop in BC. . you know. . that Gerard guy is super crazy . . they always have dope cars there.. . and they'll swap anything. . :lol: :lol:

check out the WORK and NEWS section. .this is their new site that under construction.. . . www.sample.keeplabs.com

1998 GS400 street/drift machine. 

www.serialnine.com

G.

#5 N.O. Drifter

N.O. Drifter

I♥1J

• real members
  • 799 posts
  • Interests:auto mechanics

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:41 PM

I am probably going to wrok withh this company.

http://superiortradi...ternational.com

A friend ordered a 1g or a 20v 4ag from them, and he is happy.

He said that since they are based in texas, shipping is cheap.

Also, they will price match anybody, so if you live near Texas(like me) and see a really cheap clip or engine in Canada and don't want to pay that shipping. Just email them and see what they can do.

I am currently looking at a 1jz or 2jz clip right now they have a 1jz clip from an aristo for 1750. But as I said, if you can find a company offering it cheaper, they will price match.

ORCA

-Carl

#6 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

auto shop cannonball | cannonball-r.com

These guys are slow (like 6+ months slow) barely communicate and generally don't care what you want or get. and people also have told me that is considered fast for them.

I payed $500 for a green JZX81 bumper after viewing pics of the product I payed for it in september, I saw this bumper and the same pics listed on Y!JA for the equivalent of $120. They said that's where it was coming from, but it was still listed for sale for a long time afterwards (8-10 days).

The container arrived around new years day (3 months later) and I was told I would be notified when it gets shipped. They also said they would give me some stickers (yipee) and it would be $50 shipping across canada.

I got the bumper another 3 months later poorly packed with no stickers (thank god), and it was actually a white early GX81 bumper (this is worth like $10 in japan, as GX81's are like $500 or less). at least they accidentally sent a mark II headlight trim with it (woohoo).

This kinda pisses me off, also my intercooler piping will now hit the turn signal lights, because of the design, I'll probably have to hack the bumper to use it as is, but I can live with that, it's a damn drift car anyway.

Just thought I'd post my dealing with them so others know what they're dealing with.

#7 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

Tire Trends | tiretrends.com

Good place, they phoned me within a few hours of placing my online order to tell me that 18x10's are an "extreme fitment" for a 1989 Cressida.. :D It was cool that they were making sure I knew what I was ordering and also were very friendly.

Only strange thing; wheels came with all hardware and correct hub centric rings even though the order never stated that they would, so I bought lugs in the meantime, and was about to buy centric rings when they arrived, and was surprised to find them inside, guess they're just covering their butts for the small price of the extra hardware.

I recommend the place.

#8 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

cannonball is KNOWN to be hacks+ terrible service+bad everything+no nothing+give bad advice to anyone asking if your not a regular/japanese
they are THE WORST SHOP IN BC !!!
fuck them so hard in butts!!

tire trends... did u try getting prices in the US?
they were always a lot cheaper when i looked in the states over trietrends here in BC, just a thought homie

#9 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:50 AM

tire trends selection is pretty gay. the price i paid for some ass shaped motegis was less than the customs charges at the border for stuff from the states.

cannonball can suck a sack hahaha.

#10 Jeks

Jeks

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

i hear mark at unnatty is pretty good at wiring up toyota motors?

lol
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole
one and prayed for forgiveness.

- Emo Philips

#11 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:21 AM

my rundown for this years great shops that get my thumbsup award for sensationally transcendent dispensation:

driftmotion :thumbsup: great prices, great service, even better product.

bully clutch :thumbsup: wicked clutches made in canada with top notch customer service and prices.

jegs :thumbsup: ultra fast reliable shipping on like 6 orders i placed this year. not just for rednecks anymore.

jd2.com :thumbsup: excellent service (chick on the phone knew more than me, that's a good thing) the model 3 bender is the bomb.

ok, here's what sucked about my 2008:

US Postal service. :thumbsdown: lost a lot of stuff i bought from driftmotion, and i'll never see it i'm sure.

energy suspension :thumbsdown: i buy endlink bushing with washers and get.. just the bushings.. thanks..

HKS :thumbsdown: ok, it's minor, but it sucked: black edition SSQV = a band new SSQV that's been painted black without paint prep = paint that flakes off. not cool.

rust :thumbsdown: always gets a thumbsdown, every year.

POR 15 revising this one; i'm with brian, i did feel POR 15 was awesome until after long term testing, the stuff osn't what it costs or they say it's supposed to be. although it's not terrible.

#12 JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa

I ♥ 1J + Holset

• Administrators
  • 1,798 posts
  • Interests:I like fast cars (with 4 doors), smart women who are into dirty sex, biking, building stuff and making money.

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

From my experience this year, and in the past

The good:

Driftmotion- good stuff, good prices, good selection, they stock the parts they sell (ZOMG what a concept)

Summit Racing - Ridiculous selection, good site, awesome pricing, fast shipping (only downside is they only ship UPS and that means big customs fees for Canadians)

PDM Racing - Canadian company, good service, good parts, decent pricing

Canada Post - Awesome service, super cheap, never lost anything for me, tracking numbers updated more than USPS

US Postal Service - Pretty fast, cheap service, almost never get charged a cent in customs, never had them lose anything on me

The bad:

Toysport - I dealt with these clowns a couple years ago, ordered an overhaul gasket set for my silvertop 20V AE86, they said it was in stock when I ordered, a couple days later they said they needed to order it, 2 weeks later it was backordered, 2 weeks after that they had it and were going to ship it out, the next week they said it was the wrong kit, a couple weeks later they said it had already shipped out, a couple weeks after that they said they were going to ship it out next week. After 3 months of waiting I got a blacktop overhaul gasket set (the wrong one) and a credit card bill from cabe toyota long beach, not toysport. This isn't anywhere near the worst story I've heard about dealing with these guys either.

935 Motorsports - I tried to order a set of Technafit stainless brake lines from Robert at 935 Motorsports, 9 weeks later I didn't have my parts and got completely fed up with chasing this guy and just called Visa to have the charges reversed.

UPS - Customs charges are ok, but when you charge 1/3 of the value of the product in customs fees I get pissed off.

POR-15 - I loved this stuff for the first 6 months, until after I went to the trouble of applying it per the directions and the rust came right through it. I probably spent 150+ dollars on POR-15 to seal the rust in my AE86 (after cutting out and replacing a square meter of the original sheetmetal)

Ebay - It doesn't matter who the seller is, most of the time shipping is overpriced and customs charges and exchange rates add up for Canadian customers. I paid "199 dollars" for my intercooler and BOV and piping kit, and by the time I had it in my hands it was close to $500 canadian. Same with my turbo. I got a used holset HX35 for 170 US, and it was around $490 candian by the time I received it.

"JZXP - we get death threats" -Rayray
-1987 AE86 Corolla with 20 valve swap SOLD
-1985 MX73 Cressida 1.5JZ Holset HX35 & MS3X
Toysport and 935 Motorsports suck. Don't buy from either.

#13 rayray

rayray

master procrastinator

• real members
  • 3,162 posts
  • Interests:professional sleeping

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

Wheelchoice.com (also bidschoice) has always been reliable with my overseas transactions.

the dude that used to manage the Wheelchoice section went mia so the section is gone, but i still deal with them directly for yahoo auctions. prices aren't the cheapest (fees and stuff, the usual deal), but he is by far the most reliable and communicative importer i've dealt with in california. his quotes and shipment eta are usually dead on so there are no suprises when it arrives. the extra price is worth it for the prompt feedback and no headaches

plus side is anything small will usually go EMS and gets here in a week or so.

sig.jpg
1989 Toyota Cressida 1JZ - back to project backburner

Come to us for crazy parts

MKS Engineering, Inc.(website under construction)

Facebook - fb.com/mksengineering

#14 Gseventythree

Gseventythree

serialnine.com

• OG
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:cars

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

SERIALNINE.. good or bad ?

G.

1998 GS400 street/drift machine. 

www.serialnine.com

G.

#15 aphxero

aphxero

I♥2J

• OG
  • 4,269 posts
  • Interests:drift, toyota

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

SERIALNINE.. good or bad ?

G.

The best!

Can I have my $10 now?

j/k :P

#16 Guest_DuaxMachine_*

Guest_DuaxMachine_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

Ebay - It doesn't matter who the seller is, most of the time shipping is overpriced and customs charges and exchange rates add up for Canadian customers. I paid "199 dollars" for my intercooler and BOV and piping kit, and by the time I had it in my hands it was close to $500 canadian. Same with my turbo. I got a used holset HX35 for 170 US, and it was around $490 candian by the time I received it.

You should look into some of the forwarding companies, or some member close to the boarder,
that will buy for you, and bring the stuff across in their trunk.

In just the past year, shipping to Canada has went sky high.
Within just a few bucks of what it costs to ship world wide (it used to be just a little more than shipping in the US).
I called USPS about it, and they say that the Canadian postal service jacked the prices way up for stuff coming across the US/Canadian boarder.
So thank your polititians the next time you see one........
They are getting you for both customs fees, and jacked shipping coming in from the USA.

Never let anyone ship an item to you via UPS.
UPS nails you on your side of the boarder for extra documentation fees, or some bull.

#17 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:59 AM

one awesome trick is to ask for your shit to be listed as "antique parts" if it somewhat meets the idea it could be antique parts.. no customs.. has worked the last 5 things i bought in the last month.

#18 pingpong8989

pingpong8989

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

Wheelchoice.com (also bidschoice) has always been reliable with my overseas transactions.

the dude that used to manage the Wheelchoice section went mia so the section is gone, but i still deal with them directly for yahoo auctions. prices aren't the cheapest (fees and stuff, the usual deal), but he is by far the most reliable and communicative importer i've dealt with in california. his quotes and shipment eta are usually dead on so there are no suprises when it arrives. the extra price is worth it for the prompt feedback and no headaches

+1 i've been using their services for the past 3 years for and never had a problem.

bidschoice = :thumbsup:

#19 pingpong8989

pingpong8989

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

+1 i've been using their services for the past 3 years and never had a problem.

bidschoice = :thumbsup:

#20 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I !♥ StockTwins

• real members
  • 1,882 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

wow no joke
Summit Racing Ultra fast deliever was no joke.. 2 days later box is at my door. I lost my ID thing and the online customer service thing was a plus...

Shoots

Jordan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users