25 replies to this topic

#1 aphxero

aphxero

I♥2J

• OG
  • 3,820 posts
  • Interests:drift, toyota

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hey do you think you can make a 1j ps line for cressida? I'll buy one. Everyone will.

Thanks

#2 Panchira!

Panchira!

I HATE 7M

• New Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

i was thinking the same thing.....ill have aaron look at it when my car is down there (or if someone else can get there 1jz cressie there before me) since im only 15 mins away from his shop.

SS correct?
QUOTE (miles @ Nov 18 2008, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is better than sliced bread

#3 aphxero

aphxero

I♥2J

• OG
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

sure :) I usually hack the 7m one but I'd like the banjo bolt on the pump instead of the flare nut.

#4 Panchira!

Panchira!

I HATE 7M

• New Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

ill look into it, ill dig up my banjo bolt to get the size and thread and that will give us a heads start. do you want it to replace the whole hose and hard line or just to the hard line?

#5 BigAaron

BigAaron

driftmotion.com

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Fast turbocharged Toyotas!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:59 PM

The mk3 hose should work for Cressida too! If one of you guys want to get one I will send you a mk3 hose, and if it needs any adjustment in length I'll send you another one and have you send back that one.

We stopped using the banjo fittings because they had flow problems, no one makes an aftermarket banjo that is as wide as the stock Toyota part, and the ones we had didn't have enough of a slot in the center which caused the pump to whine. The 90deg fittings we use now are the best way to go for this.

#6 aphxero

aphxero

I♥2J

• OG
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

you have PM

#7 Jacob

Jacob

antagonist

• OG
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

The mk3 hose should work for Cressida too! If one of you guys want to get one I will send you a mk3 hose, and if it needs any adjustment in length I'll send you another one and have you send back that one. I'll sell one person one ps hose at half price for helping withh this.

been done bought that from you many moons ago, keemmosabi.

This is how the MK3 line goes in .. . so do I get a partial refund for being the ginnypig?

Ok, First you buy the Driftmotion PS line for the 1JZ .. . specify that it is for a Cressida and he will make one like this but one end will be set a little different . . . I am the ginnypig for the Cressida crowd so this one doesn't line up natural'ish . . . you can see it binding a bit.

Posted Image

Next be sure that you stick it in the right one on the rack like so . . .

Posted Image

Then grab the old return fitting to the rack and combine it withh the other end to make a ghetto setup (see next pick) . . .

Posted Image

Pop that return fitting in your rack and wallA! . . . Gangsta. Actually it depends on where you decide to put the PS resovior. I am going to put where the 7M overflow tank was since the JZ water pump and PS pump are opposite the old 7M. I am using the Aristo coolant overflow tank on the exhaust side since it kind goes withh the contour of the wheel well. Oh yes . . pic . . .

Posted Image

Thats all for now.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I do.

#8 BigAaron

BigAaron

driftmotion.com

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:38 PM

I'll give you brownie points :) We'll figure out something next time you need parts...

So what change did it need to make it perfect? The ends can be adjusted slightly withh a pair of pliers and a vice or wrench. It looks like it could be about 1-2" shorter?

#9 aphxero

aphxero

I♥2J

• OG
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

rad.

As soon as its listed I'll pick one up

#10 Bill

Bill

fuck you cressida

• Administrators
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

yeah, the dm ps line fits jza70 1jz -> X83, i just put mine on two weekends ago. the one i made was kinda shitty and i was ordering the clutch line anyway.

VVT 1JZ X83 ♠ VVT 2JZ S160 ♠ VVT 3UZ S160

#11 Jacob

Jacob

antagonist

• OG
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

well the fitting to the PS pump is at a downward 45ish angle. both fittings face the passenger side of the car so if the fittings were at the angle of this thing . . > . . from each other. the rack fitting would be at the bottom and the pump fitting would be at the top.

That's the best I can explain it atm . . . freakin tired.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I do.

#12 BigAaron

BigAaron

driftmotion.com

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:59 PM

Ok, so maybe an inch shorter and change the angle of the fitting. I can do that no problem!

#13 Panchira!

Panchira!

I HATE 7M

• New Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

looks like ill have to add one more thing to my list.....

#14 iheartMX83

iheartMX83

I♥1J

• real members
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

i got the DM PS line too. ill hook it up to the 2j tommorw. and take some pictars.

#15 Keith

Keith

diabeetussss

• real members
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Aged cheese, theatre and a well tailored suit.

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

Make it all HP-SS lines withh AN fitting and I'll buy it...otherwise I'll make my own. ;)

#16 BigAaron

BigAaron

driftmotion.com

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:27 AM

Make it all HP-SS lines withh AN fitting and I'll buy it...otherwise I'll make my own. ;)

HP-SS?

#17 Jacob

Jacob

antagonist

• OG
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:57 AM

I don't really know but . . . HP-SS sounds like high pressure-stainless steel.

I thought that's what it was?

Why the would a person need an AN-fitting? . . . so you can have teh joy of tapping your pump and rack?

#18 BigAaron

BigAaron

driftmotion.com

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

The hose is rated for 3000psi, and the ends are already -6 AN. If he means the red/blue fittings withh neoprene hose, those are not rated for the kind of pressure ps pumps create.

#19 Keith

Keith

diabeetussss

• real members
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Aged cheese, theatre and a well tailored suit.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

Yeah - high pressure.

Like this.

http://store.summitr...part=RUS-632600

IF that's what it would be, then cool...just assumed it would be OEM style rubber outer. I like the SS as it withhstands more abuse. It's blingy too.

#20 BigAaron

BigAaron

driftmotion.com

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

We use that type of hose, and the hydraulic press used to put the fittings on costs more then a whole car! :shock:

I had some Cressida hoses made up today! So they are now in stock and ready to ship!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users