www.RipGarage.com

#2 brian

brian

I♥1J VVT-i

• Root Admin
  • 4,094 posts
  • Powered By:Road Runner 5.0, Caffeine, Alcohol, 5VZ-FE

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:31 PM

can you get a shipping quote for the w58 to 85008?
"Don't bother messaging me if you ugly, cocky, trashy or not in the age range of 31-39" -andreakm26

#3 RubHamusan

RubHamusan

ripgarage.com

• New Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

will do.

www.RipGarage.com

#4 RubHamusan

RubHamusan

ripgarage.com

• New Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

As far as I can tell 252.59 by old dominion my zip is 30054 if you wanna find one for it.

www.RipGarage.com

#5 brian

brian

I♥1J VVT-i

• Root Admin
  • 4,094 posts
  • Powered By:Road Runner 5.0, Caffeine, Alcohol, 5VZ-FE

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:56 PM

would you be interested in selling it w/o the bell?
"Don't bother messaging me if you ugly, cocky, trashy or not in the age range of 31-39" -andreakm26

#6 JDM CRESS

JDM CRESS

I♥1J

• real members
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

the sc300 w58 extension housing is supposed to have a bracket that extends the shifter further back.

that does look like a jz bellhousing though.

#7 RubHamusan

RubHamusan

ripgarage.com

• New Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:46 AM

Are you saying it's not a sc300? I know for a fact it is.

www.RipGarage.com

#8 JDM CRESS

JDM CRESS

I♥1J

• real members
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:07 AM

Are you saying it's not a sc300? I know for a fact it is.

"i dont doubt anybody my friend, i just limit myself to how much i believe them"

im certainly not calling you a liar, nor am i tryin to mess up your sale, but if that tranny your selling is out of an sc300, the shifter assemblies had to have been changed, unless someone did a 5spd swap on an sc300 using a mk3 supra w58.

as far as im concerned, the mk4 supras, sc300s & is300s are the only 3 cars that use a w58 withh that particular extension bracket for the shifter. i know many other toyota cars & trucks use w-series trannys, but the cars i mentioned above are the ones that use that shifter setup, and is also mentioned that the mk4 supra/sc300/is300 w58s hold more power than the older w58s.

here, i found a thread withh some good pics of both trannies.

http://www.clublexus...;threadid=79012

daniel

#9 RubHamusan

RubHamusan

ripgarage.com

• New Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:32 AM

Thanks for the info. I hope I wasn't to brash there. It seems in every sale thread some guy screws up the sale for everyone. But you made a good point. My tranny is from a 83 IIRC. So they will hold more power huh?

If it will hold atleast 400 then I will just keep it. I did notice they yoke on the sc w58 is alot bigger than on the mk1 ma67. It looked like weak sauce.

www.RipGarage.com

#10 JDM CRESS

JDM CRESS

I♥1J

• real members
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:34 AM

ok, well i actually took a minute to read that thread and according to a couple of posts, the sc300 didnt start using the w58 withh the extended shifter assembly until 95, which would mean that pre-95s use the same w58 as the mk3s.

im gonna check this on the computer at my skool tomorow. im actually in a manual transmission class right now so ill be able to use the mitchell on demand program to get layouts of just about any tranny. i just hope it shows the change over in year.

#11 JDM CRESS

JDM CRESS

I♥1J

• real members
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the info. I hope I wasn't to brash there. It seems in every sale thread some guy screws up the sale for everyone. But you made a good point. My tranny is from a 83 IIRC. So they will hold more power huh?

If it will hold atleast 400 then I will just keep it. I did notice they yoke on the sc w58 is alot bigger than on the mk1 ma67. It looked like weak sauce.

nah its cool. i dont post comments too often, but i guess since i had to do some research on toyota rwd trannies a while back when i found out i had an r154 out of a jzx90 chaser (same as soarer r154), i felt that i should add my 2 cents.

just based on trannies ive seen in person and not goin on what i read & see off the net, a w58 is a w58. toyota just used that foundation for all there rwd vehicles that came withh 5spd, only changing the bellhousings allowing it to mate to different engines and changing the extension housing allowing the shifter position to change depending on vehicle chasis.

same goes for the notorious r154 out of the mk3 supras. in the US, the mate to the 7mgte engine. in jap, all they do is change the bellhousing so it can mate to a jz engine. and in cars such as the jzx90 chaser and jzz30 soarer, the r154 required and extended shifter assembly (the same as the sc300/mk4supra/is300 w58) in order for the shifter to be positioned to suit the chasis.

there was even a thread where a guy did a 7mgte in a 4runner and he made the r154 tranny work withh 4wd. this is also becuz older toyota trucks use w-series & r15xseries trannies. im sure if you did a search it would come up.

but yea, toyota is cheap & smart. y spend more money to design a completely different transmission for every car they make. just make some slight modifications, and you got the same tranny bolted on a completely different engine and completely different car.

i hope i cleared some things up rather than cause confusion.

daniel

#12 iheartMX83

iheartMX83

I♥1J

• real members
  • 941 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:19 AM

sooo letssss sayyyy i am able to get my hands on a 93' sc300 2jz-ge withh a w58, it should mount up in the correct position since it wouldent sit to far back cause it doesent have a bracket ?!?! DOPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry about thread jack.

umm... bump !>!?

#13 JDM CRESS

JDM CRESS

I♥1J

• real members
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:22 AM

well you would have to verify that toyota did indeed use a w58 w/o the extended shifter bracket in the 92-94 s300s. ill see if the computer at school shows that change-over.

or you could always just take the bellhousing off the sc300 w58 and bolt it on a mk3 supra w58.

#14 JDM CRESS

JDM CRESS

I♥1J

• real members
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:26 AM

Got a sc300 tranny 300$
Comp clutch 6 puck clutch 300$
Stock sc300 flywheel 100$
HKS SSQ BOV NIB withh aluminium flange 220 shipped US only

I will get a pic of the flywheel.

i should also say sorry for slightly hi-jacking your thread.

bump

#15 RubHamusan

RubHamusan

ripgarage.com

• New Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

It's all good. Better to post in another existing thread than start a new one.

The pre 95 does fit well in a x8. I think the w58 are different tho. As I said earlier the output shaft or mating yoke is larger in the sc300.

And I had played withh the shifter extentions between the 2. I was gooing to change bell housing but then noticed the output shaft.

I gotta get a manifold for my turbo so I was sweating the tranny thing. But it will be ok to 400.

These projects will eat your money quick!

I think I'm at 9 g's now. And I'm doing all the work. I bet geting one at a shop would be insane.

www.RipGarage.com

#16 brian

brian

I♥1J VVT-i

• Root Admin
  • 4,094 posts