755 replies to this topic

#741 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7383 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:14 AM

KAAZ has two different 7.5 LSDs, but neither fit that G housing.

You just need a standard 8" LSD meant for the later cars.

I kind of doubt the Z-car half shaft  flanges fitting. Seem to remember comparing them years ago.

Good luck on the bidding, those are super rare.

And what the seller is saying, is that it has 4.3 gears in it.

Tell me you are not using streeter, like Aaron tried when I found him one.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#742 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7383 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:21 AM

is that an LSD x8 diff or?

That is an open 8" for an X7.

Came out in a late X7 with the first 1JZs.

Never have found anything in parts listing for the car, just like you can't find anything for the Group-A Supra.

Jeez, you people sure don't pay attention, or retain stuff very well.

I've only been pushing these on here for nearly 10 years, every time the subject of the 7.5" power limitations come up.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#743 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 891 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

ive only been really active on here the past few years. i dont retain EVERYTHING. just reminded me of the cressidas diff, is all. are these 8inch in the same 7.5 housing? i have a kaaz diff for my supras 7.5 and the cressida has a kaaz in it as well for its 8.

if the 8 is in the 7.5 housing but is different to retain the 8, the lack of kaaz diff would make a lot of sense

the reason i asked if it was x8 was because my x8 flanges are 6 bolt like the picture, and the housing sort of looks the same...but then i remembered i have a a6 and x8 and i keep mixing things up between them

#744 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7383 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:05 AM

Special housing for the X8 to accept the 8" diff.

You can tell it from the standard X8 by the cast cooling fins.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:

#745 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2881 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

Won that diff for half of what i was willing to pay (I'm sure this link will die in a month or so thats why I initially just linked a picture):

https://page.auction...tion/n268989617

I mostly remember the 8incher coming up from s9 boys, and Robert (who I guess was an s9 boy too) when he was having diff troubles.  But ultimately all of the information about them were assumptions, as nobody ever pulled the trigger.  The best solid information I could find was that toyomods thread where the dude had them setup next to each other, which you still had to infer assumptions from that.

And ya Battleaxe Chris, you can tell the main obvious housing differences from a6/x7 and a7/x8 are the mounting points.   The x8 has the 2 on the rear cover and 1/2 (depending on a7/x8) coming top down in the front.   Where a6/x7 has 8 pickups in the front (4 on top 4 on side) and 2 pickups the rear bar that connects the upper-bit to the car.  the 8in housing is taller for sure (you can see it has all those fins on the bottom gordo pointed out), just an assumption here but I'm guessing all the height goes bellow rather than above the centerline. or least I'm hoping for the sake of pinion angle.  The 8in option was offered in LSD but ya this one specifically is open.  So I'll be on the lookout for a new LSD and a more favorable R&P (3.9 or at least 4.1)

And ya I use Streeter for everything that is larger than a small package.  I still haven't had a single issue with him, other than when he wasn't really shipping aero.  But I usually just ask nicely and he will ship what ever.  Plus he's had a bunch of policy updates over the years. He thinks shipping will be another 200-250 (slightly over the weight limit for boat post.)

In other rear end news,  The machine shop that Rayray's company uses to do the machining had some recent policy changes and no longer does small one off jobs (10 piece min.) So slightly delayed now in that department, but honestly expected because the interaction with the trailing arm fabrication went too smoothly. Something had to counter act that because cressida.

Heres a dog shot and rear brake picture to help alleviate the text wall. Brakes clear all 3 sets I have for the rear just barely (gotta be a few mm tops)

pgHFPin.jpg

HYk217s.jpg

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#746 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7383 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

Good job on winning that diff.

Make sure you tell Rue how you did it.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:

#747 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2881 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

The diff doesn't quite just bolt it.  Guess I didn't look that hard at the comparisons before.   If you look at the top down one, the side-rear mounting pickup is inset compared to the the side-front.  And if you look at the 8" they are more or less at the safe width.  Either way it's not a ton of work, I could just adjust the subframe or trim the diff housing down if it still leaves enough material  The Diff flange is definitely the same as the x8 diff (3.5 inch spacing instead of 3 and hole diameter is slightly larger.) 

The 8" Toyota Kaaz has gx71 Turbo listed as a compatible vehicle as well as jzx100, I'm stoked that it can also go into my future car haha.  Now to just decide what ratio I want to run as well as looking into getting the x8/a7 inboard CV ends to fit on the z32 axle shafts.

Haven't done much else other than finally found some wheel studs that work for 1.50 pitch (Toyota) Just gonna put it here for the future because I know I will forget but Doorman 610-254 worked out.  Also the more I look at the the more unlikely being able to use the OEM z32 ebrake drum setup will be.  It's just the way the adapter flanges where designed never even remotely considered them.   Future me problems.

Anyways here's some photos for science:

2WEODZy.jpg

k6a8XOt.jpg

p9P8sxa.jpg

gGXlfh1.jpg

JgtJ6vL.jpg

cnj7ZG4.jpg

#748 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2881 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:37 AM

Diffs in.  Confirmed front 4 holes line up, rear 4 not even close

cLAlRAE.jpg

qTTeC7J.jpg

Ray Ray's Option didn't end up panning out for several reasons.
All I have left is swapping the driveshaft end (which I already have) and weir is making me a pair of CV sends that slide onto the z32 shafts and will be machined to fit x8 output shafts.  

So close

#749 Gibbs

Gibbs

I♥2J

• real members
  • 1866 posts
  • Interests:Drifting and building cars

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

"The best part about both these videos are Cressidas."
Alexi From Nori Yaro

#750 brian

brian