7 replies to this topic

#1 jzxseven

jzxseven

I♥1J

• real members
  • 652 posts
  • Interests:tc.net

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

hi all it's been awhile.  nothing x or jz related for that matter, but i hope yall enjoy.  :wub:  

sob story cliff notes incoming 

been out of the loop for a looonnnggg time.  partly because everything after my first cressida that got wrecked never had that same feeling.

i basically didn't really care about anything cool car related, just was focused on saving money to get out of the hood eventually.  even got to the point where i was content just doing basic maintenance stuff and enjoying life driving around my stock 98 ls400. 

met some dude at work awhile back that was into toyota mini trucks.  we bonded full on homo like.  my lady decides we should take him along with us to toyotafest whackness this year.  checked it out left unsatisfied because of all the trash that was present and how BUNK engine swaps were done.

on the way home from broyotafest my dude just kept saying i should build a mini truck and kept mentioning this socal meet coming up in october.

was sooo persuading that even my lady was on board with it.

told myself fuck it and tried to shake off all the rust with one goal in mind.  to be that douche at the socal mini truck meet.

cruised craigslist for awhile and in july found what i wanted an 87 xtra cab 2wd sr5 pickup.  bought it off some painter dude that cried when he signed the pinkslip lol.  shit is lit fam. 

from that point up until my 3 week vacation in august, i was collecting parts and what not.  

vacation rolls around and with the help my coworker turned brother and my lady we bang out most of the shit in that time frame.  got it fully driveable 2nd week of september and to the point it is right now at the end of september.  

after the super long days of working 3/4s of the way dead and coming home to button up the truck, the goal was accomplished.  made it to socal and back drama free, stunted, made people faint etc.  overall it was a great time.

and on the way back from socal, my lady and i were talking about the truck.  and the topic came up of how the truck is basically my first cressida reincarnated.  and i feel it brothers.  i fucking feel it with this one.  although im behind because it has the dumbest suspension and steering setup to do "cool" things with.  THE FEELINGS I GOT FROM MY FIRST CRESSIDA ARE HERE.  trust.  

in the end, it was all worth it.  a brotherhood of teamsters was formed.  it got me hyped up and out of the shadows again.  when i get steering and suspension sorted can finally dust off my non existent driving "skills".  didn't break the bank account too bad.  fun was had and memories were made.

vvti 1uz

sc300 w58

swag swerve

lets go

37204278180_eeda0d1690_b.jpg

36791925913_6e7bd771d2_b.jpg

37461599221_e29538d579_b.jpg

36752383154_2113c4ac0a_b.jpg

23610160278_c42a93b4ab_b.jpg

37461604511_48a3dc7f20_b.jpg

23610158378_1c517236fa_h.jpg

my favorite part of it all.  all the jokes, feelings, hurdles and thoughts during that time in space.  blasted on the rad and rad support.

37462058071_7d9cdd3652_h.jpg

8465813522_37eb1dfb52.jpg

#2 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 6796 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

nice, man. glad to see youre still enjoying building and driving stuff.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#3 Tbone

Tbone

Stubborn Cunt

• real members
  • 2419 posts
  • Interests:Beer,bad bitches,bacon,beaches,boats,bud,fast cars,aerospace, dirt bikes, deep dish wheels,and guns.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

Bay area Mac dre lives!

That truck is fucking awesome!

What wheels are those? Alcoa? Weld? They look fucking deadly! 6 Bolt?

take off the oil cap, then shit into the valvetrain. if you are like most 7m owners, the semen content will act as a sealant and prevent your hg from blowing for the next 100 miles or so. repeat as necessary.

#4 Nigel_Vertigo

Nigel_Vertigo

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 222 posts