• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

I♥1J

• real members
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

Alright so the 1jz vvti head i bought for my 1.5jz did not come with a manifold or turbo so i'm looking into turbo setups.

`1st- Does anyone have a vvti 1jz top mount manifold for sell or ill be forced to buy the CX manifold...

`2nd- What do the turbo guru's of this forum recommend for a turbo looking for a good Stock turbo like response but still be able to handle some good boost and abuse. shooting for a responsive/reliable 400 (ISH)whp

Right now i'm considering borg warners, either the S300sx3 63mm with a 0.88 A/R

or a S200SX 51mm with a 0.83A/R.

Question is am i way off and should just get a holset hx40 or are my borg warner choices in the ball park for my goal.

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to turbo stuff.

#2 hantavirusx8

hantavirusx8

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 119 posts
  • Powered By:1JZGTE, Caffeine, Alcohol

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

Look into the S257sxe! It would be way more responsive than the S363 and easily make >400whp

#3 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 562 posts
  • Powered By:Cummins-5.9, Dicks

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

I have an oe manifold and a kinguawawa ct15b turbo that needs a thrust bearing if you want it for 1j vvti

#4 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 562 posts
  • Powered By:Cummins-5.9, Dicks

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:56 AM

Can weld a t3 flange to the oe manifold if you want to do that for a cheap and more reliable manifold than China stuff.

#5 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6606 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

You're an idiot again Matt. Weld a t3 to stock manifold? Been there, done that. Return line would need a scavenge setup or hardline for most setups. Also, kinugawa sucks.

363 will suck bad. Look at that 257. Cx isn't horrible, just have the flanges decked.
Maybe it's a cultural thing? I mean, we saw the British coming. India, they did not.

#6 Andrew

Andrew

I♥1J

• real members
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

What about the 51mm /83A/R s200sx (s251) that seems a little more in my price range, anyone have any experience with them?

The S257sxe looks good but its already almost $700 and they don't come with exhaust housings that ive seen.

I'm "Trying" to stay under $700 for just a turbo if i can. 

#7 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6606 posts
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

I didn't snap to 1.5j.. I'm retarded. Still think the 63 would be a bit much, I'd look at this
http://m.ebay.com/it...e2e56%7Ciid%3A2

I'll be running the 63 on 10:1 and e85 soon, but probably not as soon as you're trying to do this
Maybe it's a cultural thing? I mean, we saw the British coming. India, they did not.

#8 Andrew

Andrew

I♥1J

• real members
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

Think the Little extra displacement will spool up the 360 pretty quick with the open scroll?

Or should i try and do some searching for a twin scroll. I do like the 90 degree compressor housing! 

I want to get the s251 im just skeptical it will be to small, I dont know.

Fuck my un-decisiveness.

I have the stock turbo vvti 1jz gasket so ill have relatively safe "low" compression

Rebuilding one of your vvti 1jz's or whole new build? 

Miss the Watermelon. 

#9 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1274 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

The gasket isn't going to do much to lower the compression, and you should want higher compression anyways. You'll make more power with less boost, and boost is what is going to take away from the life of the engine.

#10 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2768 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

I have s360(.91 divided with 2 gates) on my 1.5j.  I'm unsure of my compression though, probably between 9.5 and 10?  I have 9:1 pistons but I also a decked head+block, plus (obviously) 1j head and gte gasket + 264s.  And I feel like it could spool sooner maybe? I mean it's pretty fucking fast but idk.  Then again I've never felt like it wasn't fast when I wanted it to be.  I'm no where near the end of the turbos capabilities though. I think this turbo does better with little more psi than what I'm running. 

If I could do it again I would just get an SXE probably in the 200 series (and a vvti head hah) because my goals are 450 and no more.  And I made that on my setup at 13psi.  It started to knock a little bit around where the tuner stoped (probably a combination of 7+month old gas + compression) He dialed the timing back a little bit and set up individual cylinder knock control just to be safe. 

Anyways here is my graph 11.5 / 13 psi (sorry no boost ref on it):

tOfcjpd.jpg

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#11 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6606 posts