Photo

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#41 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 614 posts
  • Powered By:Cummins-5.9, Dicks

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:28 AM

lol. probability is high.

I need to get the hard parts before I worry about it though.  AEM infinity + custom harness is quite a load of cash as is the EFR turbo and ID injectors.  Im not doing it any other way, so I will wait until I have the bits.

#42 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 614 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

Cars plated, good to drive without getting hassled by popopo now.

The car feels a lot nicer with the bearings in the uprights done.  Just need to get the rear toe arm that is bent and get an alignment.

The car being a street car Im considering changing the XM 0 ackerman knuckles for stock ackerman or even totally stock units since I don't really need the extra steering angle.  It feels fine for now, so I will probably just leave it alone.

#43 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 614 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

Street style 100%

11A303CD-A613-4DBF-A9DD-D57389597551_zps

Car had a misfire yesterday and back a few weeks ago when I was driving it on temporary plates.  Was fine yesterday afternoon and this morning.  will have to keep an eye on it.

Wideband was reading fine 10.5:1-11.5:1 when it was missing when going from cruising to boost. almost had the feeling of a boost leak being a MAF car, but everything looks fine.

Could be moisture in the ignition being that the car is parked outside and it was raining the last few days with the vented hood. Havent pulled the cover to check.

#44 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 614 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:47 AM

still no more misfire.

Rear toe rod on its way from Gordo.  Then I can do an alignment.

Still quite a bit of vibration from the rear >90km/h.  going to rebuild the spare Torsen and check the 1 piece driveshaft joints and pinion angle/trans angle when I change it out.

Does the weir solid input shaft collar work on the X8 rear diff?  I guess I can inquire with them.  Bill mentioned I should probably reset/check the pinion on the torsen, so I will do the solid pinion spacers and go over the pinon/ring gear to clean/polish them.  Made a huge difference on my Miata to have the gears polished for NVH.

#45 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 614 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:33 AM

Car is making a mean grinding in the left wheel area.

Took a quick peek and the brakes weren't rubbing but there was a slight wheel wobble in 1 axis, so I need to do a wheel bearing before I drive it much more.

Huge grindy click noise once a rotation that you can feel through the car.

Originally thought it was the brakes because it feels like a warped rotor, but with the car in the air nothing is touching.

am I loosing my mind?

#46 Rue

Rue

I♥1J

• Idiot
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

Get the rest of the family together and look at it again...

"With their powers combined..."

Fucking retard

#47 Bill

Bill

I♥2J

• Administrators
  • 4603 posts
  • Interests:nope.

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

Losing your mind is part of the package.

Not sure if this is a new noise, but likely related to the stuff I told you I heard once in a while.

#48 Tbone

Tbone

Stubborn Cunt

• real members
  • 2549 posts
  • Interests:Beers,old car japanese junk,bad bitches,bacon,beaches,boats,bud,fast cars,4x4's,Dirt road shenanigans,aerospace, dirt bikes, deep dish wheels,and guns.

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

"Welcome to the cressida ring of death"

take off the oil cap, then shit into the valvetrain. if you are like most 7m owners, the semen content will act as a sealant and prevent your hg from blowing for the next 100 miles or so. repeat as necessary.

#49 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:12 AM

Cressida ring of fire right now is just a smoldering pile of metal.

-problem was that the rear brake adapters are a bit too short for the Nissan calipers AND the holes for the caliper hardware are 30% bigger than required.  the braking forces must have pulled the caliper in to the shortest it can with the bolt being too small for the hole and were rubbing the inside radius of the caliper on the rotor.  problem #1 "fixed" when I spaced it out.  long term fix im going to have to make new brackets that space the caliper out a bit more.   I assume that the caliper brackets were designed for r32 calipers and I have z32.  bill gave me the Japanese document for the adapter, but I haven't checked to see if it says anything obvious like that. anyways, they aren't perfect so I will be making a CAD drawing of what I need and send it out to the machine shop when I take the car off the road for winter or if the problem comes back before then.

-the looseness I saw in the wheel was the rear upper control arm. great. lol

I kind of wish it was just the wheel bearing and not these two things.

confirmed with weir that their solid spacer system works with Cressida diff, so I will be ordering one of those at some point in the next few weeks to set up the torsen and toss that in.

#50 Bill

Bill

I♥2J

• Administrators
  • 4603 posts
  • Interests:nope.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:43 AM

Along with a set of diff carrier bearings too. Pretty sure the seals are new.

I bought the gold calipers from Y!JA as R32 fresh rebuilds with powder coat that were super cheap, I think I payed like $80 total shipped from Japan through WheelChoice back then.

#51 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7383 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:51 AM

I hope the car catches fire, so we don't have to read this dribble any longer......

The R/Z rear calipers are identical.

I have the exact same adapters, and everything fits just fine.

30% larger holes ?

You know, stop assuming that you are diagnosing things correctly, and put up a few pictures.

No, wait, don't.....

I'm don't fucking care. I do way more than my share of hand holding over on SupraForums, and do any of the idiot newbs ever listen ?

Fuck no, they listen to some buddy who has worked on cheezy chevys all his life, and after they reach 100 posts, they start putting their 2 cents in everyone's conversation, even though their own car doesn't run.

Just burn the car, and put us out of our misery.

Better yet, someone just do it for him.

Let us know when this whole CAD thing happens, should be good for a laugh.

I'm sorry I woke up this morning now.......

I'm going back to bed.

Maybe when I wake up again, some of your writing will make sense.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#52 shlammed

shlammed

I♥1J

• real members
  • 614 posts