EFI - Emanage Ultimate Thread

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 gameface

gameface

I♥1J

• real members
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Tattooed bitches & bitches with red hair, VVTI 1JZs, loud noises, money making, killah priest, slick rick the ruler, nicki minaj, booty, spiced rum, weed smoking
  • Powered By:7MBHG, Alcohol, Dicks

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

The thing that made me really interested in it was the possibility of running map w/ stock ecu functions. For 400ish with the map sensor I can't really complain, half the price of mega squirt, or pfc. The only thing I've changed is the airflow output map because I think it will pretty much have to be perfect for normal driving and I'm actually considering renting dyno time to refine it because its gonna be the foundation of how it runs and how easy it is to tune with bigger injectors.

It's a little rough on cold start drives but once it's at operating its smooth, I know I can use coolant temp correction but want to focus on getting the airflow output perfect before throwing in more variables, and hopefully that will help others too. Tough to hit all load situations on the road and adjusting, I do use data logs but drive ability shit.

I'm pretty pumped to put the turbo stuff on gonna surprise this out of some people.

#62 Ilia

Ilia

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

Hi gents

I'm having some issues with the EMU I just installed. Version D board.

I followed all of the normal jumper settings, wired it to run sequential injection, and set it up as I thought made sense.

I can get the injectors to fire, but can't see an RPM value in the data logger and have no spark. I checked the wiring a few hundred times, checked continuity at the CAS, etc.

Eventually I gave up, and tried something weird. I removed the ignition harness plug going into the EMU, and jumped all of the inputs to their respective outputs (effectively bypassing the ignition side of the EMU). I was annoyed at this point so I figured fuck it.

Now the car catches and fires, and does see RPM in the datalogger.

My question is: Do you think I'm missing something obvious? Or is it possible that the EMU I have is dead?

Thanks in advance for reading all that.

bigheadrico.jpg?t=1325026481

#63 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6614 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

1jz right? It's setup as 1jz in a he setup file? Could be something in the emu, mine just stopped fucking working one day
Maybe it's a cultural thing? I mean, we saw the British coming. India, they did not.

#64 Ilia

Ilia

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

Yea, it's a 1J non VVTI. I set it as a 1J-GTE in the setup menu... can get the injectors to fire but not the ignition. I've heard the ignition chip can get loose on the board, I'll check that tonight. It seems like a bunch of people on various forums report this issue, but nobody ever posts a resolution. Odd.

#65 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6614 posts
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

Yeah. I honestly have a feeling that my issue was due to loose solder. Had a t3 manifold fly off the seat and hit the harness and kill the car. Jiggling made it fire again, had intermittent dying issues, then it just gave out about a month later. Had thought about trying to resolder shit, but stopped caring. What's your setup? If you aren't trying to make a shit ton of power you may be able to get it done without altering timing
Maybe it's a cultural thing? I mean, we saw the British coming. India, they did not.

#66 Ilia

Ilia

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:25 AM

The weird thing is I can get it to fire with the ignition bypassed, but not actually run. It just sputters a bunch and then dies. I've got the car on factory twins and factory injectors right now- my plan was to get it running with a completely stock setting, and then change injectors, turbo, etc.

I've got a Borg Warner S360, Siemens 850CC injectors, and 2J cams to install. Turbo's too big for a stock 1J, but I'm hoping it won't suck too much.

Someone has suggested that the ignition chip in the Emanage board can come loose. I'm going to check that it's properly installed today and give it another go.

Kyle, did you run your 1J on sequential? If so, how did you set up the batch input channels, and their respective output channels?

#67 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6614 posts