• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 Lofty

Lofty

MOTOBYTE.NET

• real members
  • 2163 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:12 PM

Let's get this figured out man, it shouldn't be too terrible. I am not very familar with 5vz but Ive had most of the other shitty yota motors in the trucks. 

What do the plugs look like now? Can you pull one? IS there oil leaking through into the plug galley? 

The fact that it went away temporarily and came back with plugs tells me something may be happening with them? What did they look like when you pulled them? The fact that it does it at high rpms tells me fuel / ignition more than anything. Injectors suck? Honestly try the cleaner stuff? It might help. Bad EGR? 

Are you able to pull the injectors and try to clean them or perhaps replace them? 

post-cressida jzxp is a fitting limbo for us to exist in. hell is a choose-your-own-adventure story and there are no "good"endings.

#22 Jacob

Jacob

All the things

• OG
  • 2379 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

Honestly, all those things are on the to do list. One bitty thing at a time. In order of functionality over sensibilities. I just swapped out wheels and tires again. Then i will swap more brake pads (like a cressida this got pedestrian single pistons up front).

I still havent bothered with drilling bolting down the shifter boot. The life load thing just needs to chill for a bit.

Besides this problem hasnt killed anything in the year of dealing with it.

Also, I think that ive just aged out of summer weather prematurely. Tired of ball sweat, mosquitos, and sun beating the shit out of me.
No.

#23 Lofty

Lofty

MOTOBYTE.NET

• real members
  • 2163 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

I feel you dog. My LX has been misfiring for most of my ownership. I replace 6/8 coils with new bosch coils, being like 50$ a piece. Replaced based on order of how shitty each one looked. Nope, still misfires sometimes, lol. Missed a coil. -_-

I feel like I wasted my entire fucking summer wrenching on my x8 when I could have been boating or some shit.
Just take a break. I'm not sure where you live but falls' already here. 

post-cressida jzxp is a fitting limbo for us to exist in. hell is a choose-your-own-adventure story and there are no "good"endings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users